Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,727 times)

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Scree on Oct 26, 2007, 09:37:18 PM
Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 09:30:40 PM

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 09:29:03 PM
Who said the Predalien wasen't a Queen from the beganing?
Chestburster who had no arms nor crest.
Like the Queen they removed from Ripley at the beginning of Alien Resurrection?
Very good point there, so the predalien could be a queen from the start.
The rez queen looked like a normal chestburster too.

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 09:33:53 PM
The Alien was not implanting Lambert with an embryo. WTF makes you think it was? When they made the film back in '79, the intention was to make it ambiguous and horrifying. Not to mention it wasn't a f**king young queen. Jesus...
Listen to the audio commentary with ridley scott, he says that lambert has now alien semen in her because the alien would soon die and it had to reproduce.
Thats why ripley blows up the ship.
It was even meant to be so in 1979.
He is saying it clearly in the audio commentary.

That's exactly what I wanted to say thank you :)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 09:39:49 PM
The Alien was not implanting Lambert with an embryo. WTF makes you think it was? When they made the film back in '79, the intention was to make it ambiguous and horrifying. Not to mention it wasn't a f**king young queen. Jesus...

In the comentary of the dvd there was mentioned that after that "rape" scene you just knew there wasn't one Alien anymore.
Yes, this is true this reminded me of that...so really Sil even Ridely Scott disagrees...with you

Johnny Handsome

In the comentary of the dvd there was mentioned that after that "rape" scene you just knew there wasn't one Alien anymore.
Listen to it again, he says what i mentioned.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:37:33 PM
Listen to the audio commentary with ridley scott, he says that lambert has now alien semen in her because the alien would soon die and it had to reproduce.
Thats why ripley blows up the ship.
It was even meant to be so in 1979.
He is saying it clearly in the audio commentary.
No. No he doesn't. In any audio commentary.

He says the Alien is dying because it has a short life cycle; he says that Brett and Dallas were taken as part of its life cycle. But he never once mentions Alien splooge.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: dDave on Oct 26, 2007, 09:38:58 PM
Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 26, 2007, 09:24:52 PM
I just dont see how the predalien gained this ability, and why the normal warriors dont have it, it makes no sence because they are the same creatures just with different species as hosts, but Im still trying to keep an open mind and see what happens.

As in my other thread i think my theory is in some way possible^^

preds reproduce with there mouths, thats why they have those mandibles... and this ability was given to the predalien by pred-dna...

but the question is, when they allowed to change something in the alien lifecycle or add soemthing, are they allowed to make something new to teh preds life? i think Yes they can, so that my theory isnt so bad at all, because when only chet has the abbility, then it must be from the pred-dna... but it doesnt explain why chet has something like a queen-crown?!

;)^^ ;D

I have to admit, the thought of this reproduction has that gigerish dark sexual feel to it, so, I think it could work, but they should explain that only young queens have this ability or something.  and not to discredit your theroy but there isnt really any evidence, nor any reason to believe that Predators reproduce with their mouths.

Predator-S

Predator-S

I just dont see how the predalien gained this ability, and why the normal warriors dont have it, it makes no sence because they are the same creatures just with different species as hosts, but Im still trying to keep an open mind and see what happens.

preds reproduce with there mouths, thats why they have those mandibles... and this ability was given to the predalien by pred-dna...

but the question is, when they allowed to change something in the alien lifecycle or add soemthing, are they allowed to make something new to teh preds life? i think Yes they can, so that my theory isnt so bad at all, because when only chet has the abbility, then it must be from the pred-dna... but it doesnt explain why chet has something like a queen-crown?!

;)^^ ;D

No, I don't think this is a Pred feature.

That Yellow Alien

Thank you, Sil.

That isn't the same thing as what we are talking about. Someone is saying that the barfing method is what was happening to Lambert. No, it wasn't. It is something made up for AVP-R, so why would it be part of a movie over 20 years old?

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

no that was just ridley scott, emphasizing the fact that it was vague and ambigous, that you didn't know what really happened and thus it made it terrifying. I doubt he meant it literally.

SiL

SiL

Y'know, if we go by the freak of nature explanation, every inconsistency with the Alien's life-cycle in the AVP movies can be explained. Everybody wins!

That, or we cut ties canon wise.

I'm all for the latter.

And before anyone tries to reuse the old 'You just want bugs' crap ... get a clue, doofus.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteBut he never once mentions Alien splooge
Not splooge, but somehow she had to be semed by the alien, i think now that the alien did that.
The point was that the alien somehow semed her, and not turning her into an egg.
Why?
Because even scott let that idea fall back then and had chosen the inseminating capability.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:44:34 PM
Not splooge, but somehow she had to be semed by the alien, i think now that the alien did that.
The point was that the alien somehow semed her, and not turning her into an egg.
Why?
Because even scott let that idea fall back then and had chosen the inseminating capability.
No, he didn't.

He said the Alien raped her.

Rape =/= sex. In fact, most rape is done with a foreign object and about domination, not sexual gratification.

dDave

dDave

Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 26, 2007, 09:41:37 PM

;)^^ ;D

I have to admit, the thought of this reproduction has that gigerish dark sexual feel to it, so, I think it could work, but they should explain that only young queens have this ability or something.  and not to discredit your theroy but there isnt really any evidence, nor any reason to believe that Predators reproduce with their mouths.

why not... we know that preds have mandibles and we know that the pred-women were stronger then males... maybe thats the reason why they have mandibles and maybe prde-females havent any mandibles.
so the mandibles were only for there sexual act, to catch the partner to, mmh^^, to f**k her in a different way^^... we dont know anything exactly about the life of preds, so everything is posssible and remember......preds are aliens too^^

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 09:42:23 PM
Thank you, Sil.

That isn't the same thing as what we are talking about. Someone is saying that the barfing method is what was happening to Lambert. No, it wasn't. It is something made up for AVP-R, so why would it be part of a movie over 20 years old?

And we don't really know what happened to her. So what's wrong in explaining this by inventing this new method ?

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Ya, well Scott also said that the Space Jockeys made the Aliens, but that isn't canon, so either is the Alien semen non sense. What is on screen or said is fact, if it isn't shown in any way, forget about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed