Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,282 times)

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 26, 2007, 09:24:14 PM
Quote from: Dragonblaster on Oct 26, 2007, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 09:17:20 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:16:36 PM
Why is colins way not good enough for you?
Cos egg morphing is already around and so much better.

Take the new reproduction method as showing what happens to Lambert.

what? lambert clearly was not the victim of any type of reproduction. Not even a real "tail rape". It was an ambigous tail related death. Possibly puncturing the lungs or the heart.

And you saw that ? Where ?
The only thing we could see was the tail going upwards as the Alien stood in front of her.

Quote from: AdamJZ on Oct 26, 2007, 09:24:52 PM
I just dont see how the predalien gained this ability, and why the normal warriors dont have it, it makes no sence because they are the same creatures just with different species as hosts, but Im still trying to keep an open mind and see what happens.

Who sais the Alien in ALIEN doesn't have that ability ?
And don't bother me with egg-morphing. I alrerady stated that both methods could work at the sam,e time for different purpooses.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 09:23:56 PM
If a normal Alien can molt into a Queen, than why was Ripley implanted with a Queen?
Why should an alien mold into a queen when an facehugger can directly reproduce a queen?
I think this is only a last resort thing for the aliens and only shows that they always find a way to reproduce, its expanded and new, why dont use.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I just dont see how the predalien gained this ability, and why the normal warriors dont have it, it makes no sence because they are the same creatures just with different species as hosts, but Im still trying to keep an open mind and see what happens.

supposedly its a young queen or its molting into one. (right out of the f**king games in all its non-canon entirety. Beware praetorians, ravagers, arachnids and zombies infected by chestbursters are next. ::)

Master

Master

Truth.

Major Alan Schaefer

Who said the Predalien wasen't a Queen from the beganing?

Master

Master

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 26, 2007, 09:29:03 PM
Chestburster who had no arms nor crest.

Johnny Handsome

true, and we see the young process and how it molds into an adult queen, meanwhile it cant lay eggs, but... you know how it works now ;D

SiL

SiL

Queens are born Queens. We know this. They clearly look like Queens, with multiple limbs and a crown.

We also know that if an Alien can molt into a Queen, egg morphing, and Queens being born Queens, is entirely redundant.

I gave it some thought, and came up with that it's a genetic freak of nature and in no way indicative of what a normal Alien could do under normal circumstances. In a long enough time frame misshaps are going to happens, and that's what the PredAlien is; an abnormality, possibly caused by whatever steroids the Preds used the speed up the life cycle in AvP (yes, I'm accepting that bullshit for the sake of this argument) messing up how an Alien interacts with Pred biology and creating a hermaphroditic freak of nature with a mutated reproductive method.

It's not a Queen, or a drone, but a mix of both which can utilise a hybrid version of the available reproductive methods of both - Egg morphing and egg laying. If it molts throughout the movie, that's part of the f**k up.

There. Problem solved.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 26, 2007, 09:31:03 PM
true, and we see the young process and how it molds into an adult queen, meanwhile it cant lay eggs, but... you know how it works now ;D
Yea, and also the area doesn't look like the safest hive either
Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 09:30:40 PM

[
[/quote]
we didn't see it to long plus the Queen hugger hasen't been seen of screen

That Yellow Alien

The Alien was not implanting Lambert with an embryo. WTF makes you think it was? When they made the film back in '79, the intention was to make it ambiguous and horrifying. Not to mention it wasn't a f**king young queen. Jesus...

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 26, 2007, 09:33:53 PM
The Alien was not implanting Lambert with an embryo. WTF makes you think it was? When they made the film back in '79, the intention was to make it ambiguous and horrifying. Not to mention it wasn't a f**king young queen. Jesus...
who said it wasen't?

Scree

Scree

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 09:30:40 PM

Like the Queen they removed from Ripley at the beginning of Alien Resurrection?

Johnny Handsome

Listen to the audio commentary with ridley scott, he says that lambert has now alien semen in her because the alien would soon die and it had to reproduce.
Thats why ripley blows up the ship.
It was even meant to be so in 1979.
He is saying it clearly in the audio commentary.

dDave

dDave

As in my other thread i think my theory is in some way possible^^

preds reproduce with there mouths, thats why they have those mandibles... and this ability was given to the predalien by pred-dna...

but the question is, when they allowed to change something in the alien lifecycle or add soemthing, are they allowed to make something new to teh preds life? i think Yes they can, so that my theory isnt so bad at all, because when only chet has the abbility, then it must be from the pred-dna... but it doesnt explain why chet has something like a queen-crown?!

;)^^ ;D

Dragonblaster

Dragonblaster

In the comentary of the dvd there was mentioned that after that "rape" scene you just knew there wasn't one Alien anymore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed