Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 53,159 times)

Evanus

Agreed! I hope we'll get confirmation soon enough.

Huggs

Me too.

"We need to know what we're dealin with"

The Old One

The Old One

Prithee.

Corporal Hicks

I honestly wouldn't expect anything for quite some time. If something ever gets off the ground.

But I'm perfectly open to the concept of some limited Alien mini-series.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2019, 09:31:19 AM
I honestly wouldn't expect anything for quite some time. If something ever gets off the ground.

But I'm perfectly open to the concept of some limited Alien mini-series.

Only limited?  Is it because you think a seasonal running series can hurt theatrical opportunities?

The Old One

The Old One

I know you were asking AP, but...

That, and I'd personally rather have something along the lines of Alien Black Mirror, or The Haunting Of Hill House- rather than Alien's version of The Walking Dead, aka strong start then slowly devolving into cliché crap that should've ended Seasons ago.

Voodoo Magic

I totally agree that The Walking Dead should have ended seasons ago.

But then you have multiple seasons of shows like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad that last for years and never overstays its welcome, and ends when the story calls for it. I don't see why an Alien television series cannot choose the latter and thrive multiple seasons as the story organically calls for it. That path would be much more pleasing to me than a limited series that if successful is suddenly extended for additional seasons for the almighty dollar, not because the story calls for it. *See Season 2 in production for Big Little Lies & Haunting of Hill House

The Old One

The Old One

Well, we're getting two series apparently- why not both? One with a monster of the week/season format, think Black Mirror- and the other an overarching character drama think Breaking Bad and A Game Of Thrones.

Voodoo Magic

I'd be game for that! :)

SiL

I wouldn't mind an anthology series. Hour long episodes, explore some different ideas.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes!

Nightmare Asylum

I'm not sure how apt Game of Thrones is for an Alien comparison. GOT functions due to its expansive cast, locations, etc. which all lend to its complex, multi-layered story that branches in numerous directions at once. Something like Alien, however, is much more intimate, personal, and claustrophobic.

I think that the Alien films function as well as they do because each and every one takes on an entirely new tone and lives and breathes as its own unique piece, standing on its own two feet. I would love to see that sensibility reflected should Alien makes its way to television, and I think a True Detective-esque anthology structure would be the perfect way to explore that.

Russ840

CBR are reporting that an R rated Animated series is what's in the works.

https://www.cbr.com/alien-animated-series-in-development/

Apparently It's a retelling of Isolation.

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, separate project.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed