Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour)

Started by Gazz, Feb 13, 2019, 11:17:16 PM

Author
Two ALIEN TV Shows in the works (Rumour) (Read 51,512 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 10:53:34 PM
Somehow I just don't see Fassy doing television.

He'll do it for Riddles. They are pals.

Ingwar

If Henry Cavill can be Geralt of Rivia (The Witcher Netflix) then why Fassy cannot do televison?

Necronomicon II

Yeah I don't see why he wouldn't, plus he has so much fun playing an A.I., he'd do it for sure.

Huggs

Perhaps if it's just a few episodes long. I just hate to see Fassbender coming home from work and shutting the engineer door behind him , while looking for Shaw and screaming honey I'm home.   ;D

Necronomicon II

;D Lol, maybe it'll be more like Cheers, though instead of alcohol it's pathogen and orgies.  ;D

Huggs

Only problem there is somebody's gonna have to sleep with cliff.

CainsSon

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 21, 2019, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2019, 09:31:19 AM
I honestly wouldn't expect anything for quite some time. If something ever gets off the ground.

But I'm perfectly open to the concept of some limited Alien mini-series.

Only limited?  Is it because you think a seasonal running series can hurt theatrical opportunities?

My vote is for each season to be a mini-series. It's the only way to fix the franchise at this point, and that way they can have different "corners" of the franchise stick to certain elements without stepping on other elements.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed, dark corners.

Vermillion

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 21, 2019, 04:29:22 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 10:53:34 PM
Somehow I just don't see Fassy doing television.

He'll do it for Riddles. They are pals.
Yup

Nukiemorph

So Mr H Reviews deleted his video shooting down this rumor...  Not sure what to make of this.

Perfect-Organism

If there are to be multiple anthology films, they should be in series formats of 7 to 12 episodes, so that the series is properly fleshed out.  This isn't the Twilight Zone where stories can be contained in 45 minutes.  I am up for exploring all corners of the Aliens universe, and even alternate realities.  I would even love to see a continuation from where Resurrection left off, but that would require a host of actors that I am sure would not be up for it.  There could even be a series of interrogations of Morse filled with Alien 3 flashbacks.  Or the Alien 3 and A:R could be totally ignored for something alternate.  Would be cool.

At this time, I am hoping for a really decent retelling of the Amanda Ripley adventure on Sevastopol.  That Alien Isolation is a gift that keeps on giving...

The Old One

The Old One

I don't expect any alternate tellings out of these potential series, most likely one will be a full-blown conclusion to the Prequels. The rest, stories post AR to avoid continuity confusion.

Nightmare Asylum

I kinda see them playing around post-A3 more than I do post-AR, to be honest. At least for an initial miniseries. That way they still have the familiar Weyland-Yutani, tech design, etc. Unless they go full Blomkamp, of course.

The Old One

The Old One

I can easily see them going post-AR in dates alone, but acting aesthetically and otherwise like it's post Alien, Aliens, AlienĀ³ era.

Perfect-Organism

I don't see it.  I figure that the run of books from Titan was intended to prove a point about which time-line people liked best.  If my memory serves me correctly, Sea of Sorrows did not fare well.  I'd love to see a series in this time line, but I doubt it would happen.  The amount of people who care is negligible.

I expect that there will be the Amanda Isolation tale, and a full on conclusion to Alien Covenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed