Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 653,846 times)

Njm1983

Njm1983

Nice job on both the zerker, and the AVP predator! My only critique is how heavy the silver is applied to the AVP pred, I feel that the armor is losing a lot of its detail as a result. I really do like the choice of colors though.

It was your AVP pred that inspired me to sculpt armor onto my celtic - Ive found that the Celtic head is just the right size if you properly line up the head with the neck, Its the dreads which drive me nuts since they are in a pre-posed arrangement. The upside is that they are in a position thats different from all the Neca preds.

samoht

samoht

Berserker looks waaaaay better than the original now.

adegregorio

adegregorio

Quote from: Ghostface on Sep 03, 2011, 07:15:52 AM
Here is my custom Elder. Both arms snapped at the elbow as soon as I took it out of the box so I decided to copy adegregorio's idea and give him the signature pose.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4871/frontrightu.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9036/rightfw.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5620/leftvm.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2674/frontleftx.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/117/backziu.jpg

WOW!!! Very nice job on this. This is the pose everyone probably remembers the most, thats why I used it.

Outstanding custom job bud!  :)

adegregorio

adegregorio

Ok, heres a little update...

Worked on the sword and the sheath. Weathered the sword blade a bit with some transparent colors and then blotted it to get a rusty cracked look.

I also wrapped the bone handle with some twine and stained it with some Dark Walnut stain and added some little beads.

For the flintlock, I didn't want to paint the gold pieces on around the handle and butt of the gun. I really wanted it to look authentic with some brass plates and fittings.

I found a couple of little brass finger rings. I cut out the pieces I wanted and glued them to the gun. I still need to weather them a bit, but you get the idea.

And here it is in the belt loop.

More updates soon...  :)

samoht

samoht

Holy cow....that awesome. How did you make the gun?

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Thanks!
A majority of people have commented on how heavy the silver is, and I absolutely agree.
This is just the second coat, I'm currently just messing about with mixes of black and gun metal to get the right shade of grey.
Gonna mix in a tinsy bit of chrome silver just for that after shine like on the Mcfarlane, but the Mcfarlane is actually a tad too dark. If you see all the collectables and statues, it's about one shade lighter then portrayed on the Scar predator figure. (My peice of avp stuff.)

Thanks to everyone about the berserker, once I get some white and red paint, it'll be finished. (White to mix with the light brown to make a somewhat thin skin-toneish brown like on the berserker)

chopperbuilder

Quote from: adegregorio on Sep 06, 2011, 12:30:44 AM
Ok, heres a little update...

Worked on the sword and the sheath. Weathered the sword blade a bit with some transparent colors and then blotted it to get a rusty cracked look.

I also wrapped the bone handle with some twine and stained it with some Dark Walnut stain and added some little beads.

For the flintlock, I didn't want to paint the gold pieces on around the handle and butt of the gun. I really wanted it to look authentic with some brass plates and fittings.

I found a couple of little brass finger rings. I cut out the pieces I wanted and glued them to the gun. I still need to weather them a bit, but you get the idea.

And here it is in the belt loop.

More updates soon...  :)

dude...damn.....can i call you god?....daaamn

Njm1983

Njm1983

Well my custom celtic has been put on hold. My local hobby shop doesnt have the Tamiya paint I need to finish. I either have to repaint all the armor in a different brand or just wait it out. Kinda bummed but apparently Tamiya is relabeling their product lines so they wont be producing anything until that is complete. which means if you need certain colors get em while you can.

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Ebay is your friend when it comes to Tamiya products.
Try and find the 23ml bundles or the 10ml bundles.
Otherwise, just find a sturdy brand of acryllic paint and you'll be fine.
I personally like Tamiya because my family introduced it to me, but if I hadn't had it - any decent brand would've sufficed.
If you need to know the colour codes for the skin colour I used, just ask! Very simple.

adegregorio

adegregorio

Quote from: samoht on Sep 06, 2011, 01:17:39 AM
Holy cow....that awesome. How did you make the gun?

The flintlock was modified from a pirates of the Carribean 1/4 Captain Jack.

It took alot of modifying to get it to that point.  :laugh:

adegregorio

adegregorio

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like him.

I knew this was going to be the most difficult parts of this custom...finding the netting. And it took a while too.

But I guess living near the beach paid off. I happend to stumble across some netting on a lighthouse in a gift shop.

I brought the Predators torso with me to see if it would work, and it looked pretty good. Its a tough cloth material. And it very sturdy.

I cut the parts out I need and fit them to the legs and torso. Then I tacked them to a poster board and misted them lightly with black spraypaint.

Starting in the back, I glued a little piece of netting to the inside joint areas on the top and bottom. Then I work my way around till the netting meets in the back.

Then I tuck all the leftover netting inside the open areas.

And heres the final product. Looks pretty cool! I'm glad that parts over.

More pics soon, and then the final assembly.  8)

Njm1983

Njm1983

Quote from: Sabretooth on Sep 07, 2011, 04:12:47 AM
Ebay is your friend when it comes to Tamiya products.
Try and find the 23ml bundles or the 10ml bundles.
Otherwise, just find a sturdy brand of acryllic paint and you'll be fine.
I personally like Tamiya because my family introduced it to me, but if I hadn't had it - any decent brand would've sufficed.
If you need to know the colour codes for the skin colour I used, just ask! Very simple.

Thanks for the advice, I ultimately just got another color and repainted all the armor to match - Im not going to repaint the body, I dont really wanna deal with painting the netting. lol.

Ive finished up my celtic, I just need to add the arm straps and paint them. so pics will be up soon.

Quote from: adegregorio on Sep 07, 2011, 02:36:47 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like him.

I knew this was going to be the most difficult parts of this custom...finding the netting. And it took a while too.

But I guess living near the beach paid off. I happend to stumble across some netting on a lighthouse in a gift shop.

I brought the Predators torso with me to see if it would work, and it looked pretty good. Its a tough cloth material. And it very sturdy.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1262-1.jpg

I cut the parts out I need and fit them to the legs and torso. Then I tacked them to a poster board and misted them lightly with black spraypaint.

Starting in the back, I glued a little piece of netting to the inside joint areas on the top and bottom. Then I work my way around till the netting meets in the back.

Then I tuck all the leftover netting inside the open areas.

And heres the final product. Looks pretty cool! I'm glad that parts over.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1334.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/adegregorio/Elder%20Predator%20NECA%2018%20inch/IMG_1342.jpg

More pics soon, and then the final assembly.  8)

My god man..... when does it end??? looks magnificent.

samoht

samoht

Just amazing....

Sabretooth

Sabretooth

Adegregorio's work shall never end.
Nor will the Predator, he will live a very healthy active and long life. ^___^
I think his next project should be to do a Large scale AVP predator. I'd love to see that!
But once this is done, send it to NECA and say, "Now this... This is quality."

The netting wasn't actually that hard to paint mate, you have the netting marks pop out so you can easily run over it with a nice small tamiya paint brush. :)

Taraka

Taraka

Sabretooth, I don't mean to step on ur toes, but they DO produce fine quality. The thing is replicating it in a factory. Lately they've improved it, but if everything was as good as our guy adegregio is making, every single peice would be hand made, and it'd get more expensive than the hot toys figures.

Frankly I'm grateful for what we get from Neca, cause it's a whole lot better thn Mcfarlane. I've never seen someone repaint and customize a mcfarlane fig without it being composed of another action almost completely. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed