Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,075 times)

Master

Master

I hate this idea as much as Scars face.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Master on Nov 17, 2007, 07:30:20 PM
I hate this idea as much as Scars face.

damn dude...thats harsh. But your probably right.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 16, 2007, 03:15:42 PM
I don't see anything in that picture to prove it was meant to be on the surface. :-\

It might have been, of course. There is at least one interview or article (buggered if I can find it, these days) which refers to the scene of Predators stepping out of cryotubes being filmed and the creature effects book has a caption by the naked Predator costumes of them being made specifically for that.

Some things were filmed and still have not been seen.

It's a lot like the infamous scene in 'Alien', where the creature apparently unfolds from its guise as a weird box thing, as represented in the comic. It's never been on any official print of the thing or deleted scenes in any of its many versions.

You can see snow and night sky in the other pictures. As in after the escape.

UA/YA: If it's not in the final print of the movie; I could care less. The out-of-universe blocking is rather obvious,and of course it's sensical and rather logical to save money by reusing what's already there and it's equally obvious what they planned to do... still doesn't expain the differing walls fore and aft, the lack of bodies and the completely different entrance that isn't terribly like any other structure in the pyrmid. and all I have to say is the Aliens moved the bodies they could have moved the equipment, too.. where's the in-movie screen cap? There isn't one. As I've said. Intentions versus finished edited and filmed product are rather vast. The HBO byline states the photos are for the filmed final fight scene before the Queen emerges fromt he snow. But again, as the with the former... they

aren't.

in

the movie.

Nowhere to be found.

And therefore of no use to me for the purposes of arguing. 

Get it?

If it's not in film, it doesn't matter.

The End.

SiL

SiL

There's nothing in the film to say it's a different room. All logical evidence points to it being the same room.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2007, 08:46:06 AM
There's nothing in the film to say it's a different room. All logical evidence points to it being the same room.

There's a shitload OoU to say it's the "same" room because it the same floor set redressed wtih new walls and spacing for Mr. Whyte to avoid breaking his neck. Gotcha. Was never an issue.

There's little in film..

Do not collect $200.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Yes Xhan, I agree...the Aliens moved all the team's equipment, Rousseau's corpse, and all the mummified former hosts into a room that also contains identical sacrificial alters to those in the sacrificial chamber.

While it's common practice to redress a set to double as a different location, it'd be highly unusual to only redress it partially, and to leave all the props from the previous scene still lying around.  When they redress the bridge on Star Trek, they usually don't leave the Captain sitting in his chair.

I thought you were just after evidence to prove it one way or t'other, but now I realise you were never going to sway, no matter if Anderson himself came here and told you point blank that they were the same room.  You obviously can't fathom what's right in front of you, no matter the evidence, so I won't bother to try and educate you any longer.

As you say; "The End."

Xhan

Xhan

Actually I can't fathom using a screencap to show a dead guy or girl in matching orangey or powder blue parkas to do exactly as previously stated like thirteen PAGES ago.

If Anderson directly addressed there wouldn't be a need to discuss it.

See how the game works now?

It's not in the film. And has no THEMATIC support. I never asked for OoU as it's rather *&^*&%^* obvious wht it is behind the scenes.

Just like the fact that are more Aliens than hosts, ergo some old ass Aliens be in here. On film. In stone.

SiL

SiL

You still ignoring the dead bodies and equipment that the team brought in. And behind the scenes photos shouldn't count any more than what's written in the script, which is sacrificial chamber.

That Yellow Alien

Your excuse is lame, Xhan. You say just because it isn't blatantly explained in the film, then it is not true, even though it is in the script. ::) Ever hear of subtlety? We don't have to be explained what the room is. The audience figures it out on their own. We put the pieces together. The Aliens were born in the sacrificial chamber, so it makes sense they would start their hive there. The sacrificial alters are seen, along with the mummified corpses. The equipment is seen as well. The fact that Lex and Scar are able to make it out before the bomb explodes shows that they were near the entrance, which is where the sacrificial chamber is.

SiL

SiL

I'm still waiting for Alien 5 starring Hudson and Apone. I mean, we don't see 'em die ...

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2007, 08:26:21 PM
I'm still waiting for Alien 5 starring Hudson and Apone. I mean, we don't see 'em die ...

:D

That Yellow Alien

Yep, because if it isn't shown in the movie, it doesn't count. ;)

SiL

SiL

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Vemados

Vemados

Did SiL just say that?  Really?  lol

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2007, 08:26:21 PM

QuoteYou can't apply real-world facts to the island. Anderson's intention was that she would sink and sink and sink and then be a dead bitch, and despite whatever real evidence there may be against that, in-movie evidence says she deeeead.

Two snakes intertwined on a pole.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed