Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,283 times)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Honestly are you just being stupid on purpose?

The predalien would need to apply force in order to restrain.   Guess what happens when you apply restraining force to that knife on your head?  I don't want to spoil it for you, go and try it now and tell us all how it worked out for you.

QuoteI'm sure the Predalien's smart enough to direct the pointed ends away from the flesh.

Then it doesn't really have a lot to grip with does it, plus they are so far apart it doesn't even look like it could close them enough to grip anything.

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

maybe someone should be only get a bit refresh by that

do you notice just the mouth ( noth the mandibles only the " regularl  " mouth ) how  big are, nearly the entire facial region of that girl

?????

Major Alan Schaefer

U can control how much force u put on something...or are you to overcofident to notice that?

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

ops sorry...i'ved make a mistake maybe, the pics don't see anyway everyone of you can go to take a look on the still of the predalien in front of the girl on the bed in ospital for get a refresh on the idea...

TheAncientEnemy

Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Nov 11, 2007, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2007, 05:16:55 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 11, 2007, 09:44:51 AM
I agree with Schaefer - the puking does not contradict dna reflex theory.

Everyone makes it out like the Predalien is just going to projectile barf onto the hosts face.

It doesn't.

It basically has a face hugger for a face. It leans in close and wraps it's mandibles around the hosts face, sliding it's tongue down the hosts throat, where it places the embryo.

I think that sounds great. Really disturbing image.
I agree.  It will shock the hell out the audience in the way that the Kane chestburster scene did for people when they first saw "Aliens".

I think that in the 30 years since that scene has taken place people have gotten used to that kind of imagery.

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 10:33:36 PM
I could get a kinfe and put it on my head and hold it there without cutting my head open...ik think its smart enough not to kill the host

...so you can do that ok, like evryone can...but if someone push your head agaist the knife , your flesh don't get riped apart?

the concept seems so simple, is not a problem of the predalien but of the prey, what so difficoult for understand that...i don't know

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: darkfaerytales on Nov 11, 2007, 10:53:47 PM
I could get a kinfe and put it on my head and hold it there without cutting my head open...ik think its smart enough not to kill the host

...so you can do that ok, like evryone can...but if someone push your head agaist the knife , your flesh don't get riped apart?

the concept seems so simple, is not a problem of the predalien but of the prey, what so difficoult for understand that...i don't know
english...such a simple concept as well, i think a Predalien could figure out "if i press this hard theis will hurt them."

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 10:56:39 PM
Quote from: darkfaerytales on Nov 11, 2007, 10:53:47 PM

english...such a simple concept as well, i think a Predalien could figure out "if i press this hard theis will hurt them."

excuse me but maybe i don't have understand...but what with " english " ? i'm sorry if it is inherent of my english cause it certainly should be wrong sometimes cause i'm not from usa

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quotethink a Predalien could figure out "if i press this hard theis will hurt them."

...and if the host is moving around a lot?  The only excuse I can think of is that every victim will be "paralysed" with fear or already cocooned... in which case the mandibles are a moot point anyway.  Anyone reacting violently, screaming, thrashing around are going to injure themselves on the mandibles.  More thrashing around = more pressure required to restrain.  More restraint = more damage.

Quoteenglish...such a simple concept as well

Pot, meet kettle...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Sh0dan on Nov 11, 2007, 02:58:33 AM
I wouldn't put any new reproduction idea in. Because it doesn't need it if the bloody story is good.  ;D

This, right here, is what people should remember. If the story can't be bothered to use what's already there in a decent way, then just tossing in random new stuff is pointless.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 05:09:15 AM
IT'S AN ALIEN!!!!

With precedented limitations. :)

I like the concept, too. I just don't agree it fits with the Aliens' biology.

It could have done, before 'Alien 3', but we're beyond that.

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 11, 2007, 07:23:28 PM
Yeah thats disturbing, the mandibles as a facehugger legs. I think its really creative.

If it does that, it happens to mean any Alien without mandibles wouldn't be able to do so.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 09:16:04 PM
one way to get a Queen is not very adaptive

There wasn't. There were two. Natural facehuggers and those from egg transformation. Why need a third?

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 11, 2007, 10:16:52 PM
Holding with the mandibles makes little sense.  Those tusks are huge and look razor sharp.  If that thing came anywhere near me I'd practically have a fit and I'd be thrashing around doing whatever I could to get away from it, if it tried to grab my head with the mandibles I'd probably end up tearing my own face off in the struggle.  Dispite how retardedly huge the predalien hands are, they're 100 X more effective for grasping and restraining.

This is the other main problem I have with it. The things don't look practical for the task, precisely because of how ADI crapped up the design by making the things seperate from the main jaws, when they should have been a single, cohesive mechanism. If they were closer together, they would have been a lot more practical.

Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2007, 10:19:14 PM
One of the writers revising the Salerno version of the script said it was written like that. So I'd imagine that's how it was filmed.

I haven't seen any information from writers who revised the script. Where was this shown?

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 11, 2007, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Nov 11, 2007, 10:19:14 PM
One of the writers revising the Salerno version of the script said it was written like that. So I'd imagine that's how it was filmed.

I haven't seen any information from writers who revised the script. Where was this shown?

PM me if you wan't to know.

Major Alan Schaefer

They have arms to i doubt it'll just let its arms flap down to it's side and let them thrash

Most people don't know about eggmorphing...

They didn't say it couldn't happen, preset guidleines more than limits

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 11, 2007, 11:04:54 PM
Quotethink a Predalien could figure out "if i press this hard theis will hurt them."

...and if the host is moving around a lot?  The only excuse I can think of is that every victim will be "paralysed" with fear or already cocooned... in which case the mandibles are a moot point anyway.  Anyone reacting violently, screaming, thrashing around are going to injure themselves on the mandibles.  More thrashing around = more pressure required to restrain.  More restraint = more damage.

exatly...but what people have so complicated in understand that...

Flaming Firefox

The pred mandibles aren't built at the right angles to hold a human face as well as a facehugger's and the pointed teeth don't help. The predalien mandilble are vertical, therefore they can't wrap around the face like the horizontally oriented facehugger legs. Remember not only is a facehugger like having two hands wrapped around your face it also wraps a tail around your neck an extremely excellent immobilizing design. Nowhere on it does it have anythng that will damage the host like claws or teeth, it even has built in breathing apparatus for host to keep you alive, so you can't tell me the predalien is more efficient at delivering an embryo.  >:(

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 11, 2007, 09:44:51 AM
I agree with Schaefer - the puking does not contradict dna reflex theory.

Everyone makes it out like the Predalien is just going to projectile barf onto the hosts face.

It doesn't.

It basically has a face hugger for a face. It leans in close and wraps it's mandibles around the hosts face, sliding it's tongue down the hosts throat, where it places the embryo.

If that made any f**king sense, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the idea of the predalien having chestburster embryos in its body that it can regurgitate(as if its ovaries and digestive track are linked. lol), is laughable and downright stupid.
It does indeed contradict canon, as in Alien:Resurrection, The queen's growth from chestburster all the way to full grown queen that lays eggs was documented, regardless of if it was seen on screen or not, you know it to be the case as they knew when she would begin laying eggs.

So if there was a phase prior where chestburster embryos were able to be detected within her, they would have threw one of the kidnapped nickel refinery workers(purvis and crew), into the cage with the young queen and would have witnessed her vomit in him to reproduce. Either that or they would have restrained/sedated the queen and extracted the embyros somehow. If they could get embryos they could get cloning them as opposed to needing life hosts to have the eggs get laid first and then have facehuggers implant the embryos in them.

So the idea that a young queen has chestburster embryos independent of any facehugger, is really absurd. Its arbitary as f**k.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed