Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,867 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Exept she started laying eggs before the hosts got there....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 11:08:13 PM
They have arms to i doubt it'll just let its arms flap down to it's side and let them thrash

Then it might as well use them for that. :)

QuoteMost people don't know about eggmorphing...

No, but the directors and most of us do. There's nothing stopping them from revisiting the idea and introducing it to those who don't.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 11, 2007, 11:44:19 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 11:08:13 PM
They have arms to i doubt it'll just let its arms flap down to it's side and let them thrash

Then it might as well use them for that. :)

QuoteMost people don't know about eggmorphing...

No, but the directors and most of us do. There's nothing stopping them from revisiting the idea and introducing it to those who don't.
eggmorphing might come back eventually but it wouldn't have worked in this sitation to long...and from sounds of it budget could have

arms hold host, mandibles hold head* sounds good to me...

SM

SM

QuoteIt will shock the hell out the audience in the way that the Kane chestburster scene did for people when they first saw "Aliens".

And if it doesn't at least the audience will have a good laugh.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The folks on the Auriga knew about the creature's existence, but they seemed to have thoroughly analyzed the life cycle (which is hard to have previously known about, given that even Burke seemed completely clueless of the Queen's existence as much as Bishop II and co. probably weren't aware of the fact that Ripley was carrying a Queen embryo). If there was a way to have collected more specimens such as letting the young Queen walk around the sealed room and impregnate all of the captives, they would probably would have done it. Gediman mentions that the Queen only had 2 cycles, one of which was unnatural.

Like I've said before, this creates a plothole for anyone who has seen A3 or A:R to give the Predator more to hunt at a faster pace.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 10:20:54 PM
Quote from: darkfaerytales on Nov 11, 2007, 10:20:03 PM
Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 11, 2007, 10:16:52 PM
Holding with the mandibles makes little sense.  Those tusks are huge and look razor sharp.  If that thing came anywhere near me I'd practically have a fit and I'd be thrashing around doing whatever I could to get away from it, if it tried to grab my head with the mandibles I'd probably end up tearing my own face off in the struggle.  Dispite how retardedly huge the predalien hands are, they're 100 X more effective for grasping and restraining.

exatly wath i think...
I'm sure the alien really worries about the hosts head condition after implantaition....

what? of course it does, for gestation to occur the host has to be alive for at least hours after initial implantation. The only way a dead host would not kill the alien, is if its almost ready to burst out anyway.
But early on in the development it relies on the host to survive and killing the host will kill the developing embryo. So this being the case, and the predalien being a queen, which would strive to reproduce, would not want to risk the death of its potential brood via sloppy mandible clutching through someone's eye..etc.

Major Alan Schaefer

their head so i meant they wouldn't care if they scrachted it a little not not careing about the host at all

The Chibi Kiriyama

...The Alien in the third film originally came out of an ox that was very dead for quite some time.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 11, 2007, 11:51:48 PM
...The Alien in the third film originally came out of an ox that was very dead for quite some time.

yes, but presumably it had developed almost fully. In fact you see it has legs and a tail and everything when it burst out. So its not like the ox was killed an hour after the facehugger went on it. It is never shown attacked by the facehugger.
scar wasn't dead that long in the first avp either.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 11:46:31 PM
eggmorphing might come back eventually but it wouldn't have worked in this sitation to long...and from sounds of it budget could have

It only takes a small number of hours. The story could have easily leapt forward a little in time. We never literally stuck around for the entire length of Kane's progress, after all. :) Same principle.

It all stinks of revisiting the accelerated gestation thing again. I said a while ago that if the only point of this is to get loads of Aliens in a short amount of time, we're going to have to see implants reaching 'Alienhood' in under half an hour.

Quotearms hold host, mandibles hold head* sounds good to me...

They could also hold the head. :)

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

I guess all that matters is that the host is alive for a period of time from the embryo to grow inside, the host can die before the alien comes out.(alien 3 ox, Sebastian in avp)

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, the eggmorphing requires double the hosts and time defantly...

and second if you have manidbles use it, it'd look better than not using them...with a normal alien sure use the arms like that

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Nov 11, 2007, 11:57:29 PM
I guess all that matters is that the host is alive for a period of time from the embryo to grow inside, the host can die before the alien comes out.(alien 3 ox, Sebastian in avp)

I just said that, basically. But you can't kill the host early on in the chestburster's development or it will die.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 11:59:02 PM
Well, the eggmorphing requires double the hosts and time defantly...

If it's purely to get a Queen, you only need two hosts once.

And we'll be seeing a lot more than just two people drying from the reproduction thing in this film. :)

As for time, it might have taken about the same the facehugger did to implant Kane successfully.

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 11:59:19 PM
Quote from: Hybrid PM on Nov 11, 2007, 11:57:29 PM

I just said that, basically. But you can't kill the host early on in the chestburster's development or it will die.
Yep agreed!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed