Recent posts

I was 16 and still at school when Resurrection was released and I got into see it using a fake I.D, and I'm talking a "McLovin" level of fake I.D.
My proudest moment, I felt like Jason Bourne or something.
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 05:39:02 AM
The Sopranos S2 E1-4
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Last of Us
Last post by Kradan - Today at 05:19:01 AM
Recreational Area / Re: What made you unhappy toda...
Last post by Prez - Today at 02:20:39 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Yesterday at 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:51:21 AMI used to live in a similar area here. I then moved to a different area that was exactly the same, but undergoing gentrification. It solves nothing.

I feel for you dude. Hope you're ok.

Thanks man. Honestly, I'm not really okay, it's not just what happened down the road a couple days ago either, I'm really near the end of working on this house and it'll go on the market very soon - but rather than feeling excited I'm just stretched too thin, exhausted yet in a constant state of anxiety induced activity at the same time, etc.

I'm moving in about a month and I really hope that starts to take the edge off before the cash comes through and I can finally move on with my life.

I wish you all very best mate.
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by Prez - Today at 02:19:12 AM
Full Moon - Part 2.
I like pretty much most of Zack's work but this was just a snore fest. Like I think even Zack was going through the motions on this one. I actually liked the first one but this just felt like it went nowhere.
Predator Films / Re: Favourite Predator Movie?
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 02:02:12 AM
I love Prey. I like Predator 2. But nothing beats Predator.
General Game Discussion / Re: Currently Playing
Last post by Stitch - Yesterday at 11:40:23 PM
For my sins I've been playing season 1 of Suicide Squad.

It still sucks
Recreational Area / Re: No Stupid Questions Thread
Last post by [cancerblack] - Yesterday at 11:33:29 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 23, 2024, 03:04:36 PMBy ordering from there are my chances of getting a counterfeit figure greater?

Yes.

As someone who tends to repaint or rework figures, this doesn't bother me, as they're the same moulds. If it's an issue for you as a collector, I'd ask in the merch section how to avoid them.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Mad Max: The Wasteland
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Yesterday at 11:31:07 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Yesterday at 11:13:29 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 08:21:17 PMHaving now seen Furiosa (twice), I can't help but think that The Wasteland is going to end up...

Spoiler
...pitting Max against Scrotus in some capacity, since he was left alive as of Furiosa's ending, but we know he wasn't around in Fury Road. Adding fuel to this speculation is the fact that Scrotus did appear in the 2015 Mad Max video game, which cribbed a lot of elements from Miller's notes/scripts from Fury Road/Furiosa/The Wasteland. I haven't played the game in full, but at this point I bet there's a lot of little nuggets of information present in there that must have been plucked directly from what Miller had on page for The Wasteland and will be seen in the film if/when it gets made.
[close]
The Mad Max game is fantastic, and if a movie is made with a similar storyline I would definitely be seeing it

Miller was involved, up to a certain point, on the creation of a game with Cory Barlog. That project was eventually plucked from him and Barlog, and it morphed into what Avalanche made and released, sans Miller's involvement but with all of Miller and co.'s notes/scripts/resources made available to them (hence the overlaps between that game and the two recent films). Miller himself doesn't really see it as "canon" to his own works due to the messy situation surrounding it, which I totally understand, but it does strike me as a pretty invaluable resource from an outside perspective, just in terms of seeing how much of what Miller is doing now was already locked in place. We know the Furiosa script is more or less as old as Fury Road's, for example.

Ignore the clickbait phrasing on this Tweet (he's not actually seeking out Kojima to make a game based on the property, he just states that if one ever happens again he'd like it to come from someone like Kojima), but he acknowledged the situation surrounding the game pretty recently, at one of the Furiosa events:

https://twitter.com/gamingbible/status/1792566156810756105

I have the game, and was enjoying what I played of it, but only put a few hours or so into it before slipping away from it for no real discernable reason. I should give it a proper go one of these days. Especially now with Furiosa out.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Mad Max: The Wasteland
Last post by Stitch - Yesterday at 11:13:29 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 08:21:17 PMHaving now seen Furiosa (twice), I can't help but think that The Wasteland is going to end up...

Spoiler
...pitting Max against Scrotus in some capacity, since he was left alive as of Furiosa's ending, but we know he wasn't around in Fury Road. Adding fuel to this speculation is the fact that Scrotus did appear in the 2015 Mad Max video game, which cribbed a lot of elements from Miller's notes/scripts from Fury Road/Furiosa/The Wasteland. I haven't played the game in full, but at this point I bet there's a lot of little nuggets of information present in there that must have been plucked directly from what Miller had on page for The Wasteland and will be seen in the film if/when it gets made.
[close]
The Mad Max game is fantastic, and if a movie is made with a similar storyline I would definitely be seeing it
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed