[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 12:32:43 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien (Read 9,268 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 13, 2024, 01:25:47 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 13, 2024, 01:23:37 PMIsn't Rook from ACM?

That android name sounds very familiar...

No, he's a Bishop model android from Rachel Caine's superb Bug Hunt story Broken.

And that one too. We've had 2 Rooks that are Bishop models.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 13, 2024, 01:25:47 PM
Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 13, 2024, 01:23:37 PMIsn't Rook from ACM?

That android name sounds very familiar...

There is also a Bishop model android named Rook in Rachel Caine's superb Bug Hunt story Broken. He was hijacked and reprogrammed by a terrorist group.

Rooks! Rooks everywhere!

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2012/04/23/first-look-at-lance-henriksen-in-aliens-colonial-marines/

@Mike please level with us. Is Turk in this film?

Corporal Hicks

Oh, there's also a Rook in Cold Forge. Fede definitely read it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Please remember to use spoiler tags from now on when discussing about very specific stuff, such as new creatures for example. I'm sure not everyone wants to know what they are or look like just yet. Including me  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2024, 01:34:27 PMOh, there's also a Rook in Cold Forge. Fede definitely read it.

At the end of the day they're all just chess pieces. Bishop, Rook even the Queen...

lv_226

This was not what I was expecting, but that's the thing about expectations, no? I should have learned my lesson after Covenant... It's interesting how the fans can come up with things that are usually more creative than the films they are a fan of--more coherent, too. How is this supposed to sit between Alien and Aliens? I mean, if they, the company, already has access to the Alien, then why does it matter going back to LV-426 in Aliens? If the Covenant and David aren't part of this, which would be a good way to answer the question about how WY got the alien in the first place, I am really curious how they are going to handle that issue... feels like egg aboard the Sulaco thing all over again.

Someone else said it on here a few days ago: a soft adaptation of Isolation with connections to Covenant via the scavenger crew would've been ideal. I guess we will have to see how this looks before making further judgments.

Corporal Hicks

They're just going all in today. This was the thing I was considering posting this morning instead of what I did share, but I didn't want to go all in on the plot spoilers.

BigDaddyJohn

Ok I like it a bit better that way.
Spoiler
Extracting whatever from a retrieved Big Chap makes a bit more sense IMO
[close]

TheBATMAN

Spoiler
so this xeno running around along with the face huggers, is this big chap?
[close]

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 13, 2024, 02:25:22 PM
Spoiler
so this xeno running around along with the face huggers, is this big chap?
[close]
Spoiler
No, but they are sort of his spawn, since they were created by the reverse engineering of Big Chap's remains.

A spiritual return of Big Chap...
[close]

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Spoiler
I was really hoping Alien would avoid all this AI recreated actors :/
[close]

TheBATMAN

@PortugueseXeno

I'd spoiler tag that if I were you.

Spoiler
The reason I ask is that report mentions Big Chap survived, albeit in bad shape and Mike's report said one of the xenos was covered in scars.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

I get that it can be weird
Spoiler
but what better than a synthetic to reappear as it was ?
[close]

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Spoiler
My guess is that we will have a bunch of lesser mutated and altered Xenos running around while the main one is the classic Biomechanical one.

If Fede was smart, he should have included the AVP movie Aliens as some of the lesser ones
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed