Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,076,775 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Aw, I'd buy it just for the brutally misogynistic artwork. :laugh:   

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Jurassic Park III

Orgazmo, lol.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: TJ Doc on Nov 09, 2011, 05:21:15 PM
Aw, I'd buy it just for the brutally misogynistic artwork. :laugh:

The posters are tempting. I want to check out The Exterminator next, seems like it'd be more my thing. I love me some vigilante carnage.

First Blood

First Blood

Vietnam in HD Part I

Narrated by Michael C. Hall and featuring some of the most intense, and emotional footage to come out of the conflict, I found this to be a fascinating account of America's plight into one of its most horrifying conflicts. Part I features how the U.S. became involved in the conflict and slowly builds up to how things went out of control and ultimately became a bloodbath. 

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The Matrix : 10/10 Flawless

Matrix Reloaded : 9/10 Epic

Matrix Revolution : 8/10 Explosions

Keg

Keg

Wouldnt have given Revolution such a high score myself. I enjoyed it but it was a piss poor finale. First film I'd give a 9, the second a 7 and the third a 6.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I wouldn't have given them that low of a score. The the scale of all three films, the level of creativity and different styles they gave each film was dam good.

Reloaded didn't try to copy the first and Revolution didn't try to copy the 2nd, they are three different films, three different styles, thought the directors and crew did an amazing job. No other franchise like it.

I'm probably in the minority here but I thought Revolutions was a lot better than Reloaded.

Keg

Keg

I love the first film and the second film was an absolute blast but I was bored watching the third film. It was just an hour of tentacled robots exploding and then a dumb final fight with Smith followed by a weak sauce ending. They crammed too much into the final film and it was a complete mess.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 10, 2011, 03:31:25 PM
I'm probably in the minority here but I thought Revolutions was a lot better than Reloaded.

Same but I think Revolutions still feel rush and could have been much better. Having two Matrix movies in one year was a bad idea.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Monty Python and the Holy Grail 10/10

Simply one of the best comedies ever made.

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 10, 2011, 05:53:36 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 10, 2011, 03:31:25 PM

Same but I think Revolutions still feel rush and could have been much better. Having two Matrix movies in one year was a bad idea.

high five!!

About Reloaded, I just through things like the twins were kind of rubbish, and they went to too much effort to tie things in with the "Enter The Matrix" game, like having Niobe and stuff, the big cave party and sex scene was kind of stupid too, and the key maker guy, and the architect, were all poorly imagined,
The train man on the other hand was a lot better and the Frenchman and his wife were less annoying in revolutions, and i was always a big fan of the real world side which there is more of in Revolutions, also the super burly brawl was a lot better than the regular burly brawl....

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Usual Suspects again. Really love this movie.

First Blood

First Blood

True Grit

A downright fantastic western brought to us courtesy of the Coen Brothers. Jeff Bridges plays Rooster Cogburn - a drunken U.S. Marshal with stories to tell and people to kill. He's tasked with trying to bring in a fugitive and in the process is aided by a Texas Ranger - LaBoeuf played by Matt Damon.

First off - Jeff Bridges was great and the actress that played Mattie Ross was outstanding. My only complaint is that the final confrontation between Mattie, Cogburn, LaBoeuf - when they finally track down Chaney was rather short. We really don't get to see Chaney do much, so in a way I couldn't care less if he lived or died, simply because there wasn't enough substance behind his character for me to hate him. 

8/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed