Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,076,581 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shobidoo on Jul 08, 2011, 06:22:21 PM
Flags of our Father
Pretty emotional WW2 movie. Fantastic acting.
9/10

If you enjoyed Flags, I highly recommend you check out the other Eastwood pic Letters From Iwo Jima:)

Nope

Nope

I'v been meaning to for a while, and the trailer that was coupled with Flags was fantastic.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Shobidoo on Jul 09, 2011, 12:46:00 AM
I'v been meaning to for a while, and the trailer that was coupled with Flags was fantastic.

Dooo eeiittt! It's fantastic to see the story from another perspective. There are moments that are the same as Flags, just told from the Japanese side. Very clever.

Nope

Nope

Well, now that TWO awesome dudes have reccomended it, i must see it.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Trancers Hexalogy

Trancers (1985)

Tim 'king of the sci-fi B-movie' Thomerson is again in yet another time travelling sci-fi flick and again he's a cop with a really good name...meet 'Jack Deth'.

Yep another cracker alright :) this film makes Pyun's films look megabudget and the acting top class, there really isn't much I can be positive about here, its not even enjoyable as a daft B-movie like 'dollman'. Terrible 'effects' with dreadful acting and some almost 'Ed Wood' style moments of corn and action, plus the plot is stupid and incomprehensible at times. Look out for Helen Hunt and Thomerson with dark hair! amazingly Thomerson acted in another four more of these with Helen Hunt.

Trancers II: The Return of Jack Deth (1991)

Holy crapola Batman this is.....errr crapola! after the quite dreary first film we somehow got this quite dreadful sequel that pretty much scrapes the bottom of the barrel alright. Thomerson is back as 'Deth' again for some reason, obviously needing work and Helen Hunt is also back for a cameo as she's realised to get out.
The plot is totally muddled and all over the show, there is quite a nice sci-fi plot deep down in there somewhere (touch of 'Terminator' time jumping in the mix) but its being totally buried under a rotting B-movie. Laughable 'effects', terrible 'acting' really bad sets and props plus virtually no costumes what so ever haha looks like Thomerson wore his own clothes. I might add the exploding ham scene was so bad it was brilliant.

Only Thomerson gives any reason to watch a tall, he can't save the film but he does inject a tiny amount of fun with his dry harsh tough guy performance ;)

'Don't worry, ladies. They're biodegradable'

Trancers III: Deth Lives (1992)

Getting alittle better after the dreadful second film yet still highly cheap and nasty with laughable everything hehe. This time 'Deth' does have a rather neat partner in the form of a large android called 'Shark' who actually looks pretty sweet with his fish/fin mask, not brilliant makeup effects but its nice looking and different. The special ops training and fighting camp are really bad in this haha some great fake looking fighting and bad stunts work a treat in making this hilarious when its not really suppose to be.

Still chasing Trancers all over time n space Thomerson is witty as ever and on top form with his tough guy persona which still manages to make me smile despite the utter crudness going on all around haha I dunno why Thomerson keeps doing these but he is the main attraction for sure. The first two films seemed to be semi serious but this third film definitely shows everyone is having a good time making it as it vies towards an 'Evil Dead' formula with plenty of wise cracks and visual tomfoolery.

Trancers IV: Jack of Swords (aka. Journeys Through the Dark Zone, 1994)

Number four and back down we go, the roller coaster continues with Jack Deth and his adventures through time, this time its back to dreadful trashy B-movie without any amusing trashy charm hehe

Thomerson is still firing the wisecracks but the medieval setting for this is really bad looking, this kind of location can either work and look quite good or not work and look real bad, this is the latter. Everyone is running around what looks like some local woods (you expect to see them run into a car park half the time lol!) around a Romanian castle but you can tell which are sets or real, lots of really iffy looking fights and weapon usage and a really cheesy baddie at the top of the tree.

Plot wise its getting abit messy and horrendously corny and cliched...actually I kinda lost the plot to be honest, too many characters and little sub plots going on with rather messy direction and cutting, still it doesn't matter as you know Deth will win somehow ;)

Trancers V: Sudden Deth (1994)

Hmm this is just the same film as number four basically, they have made one long film and cut it in two but as this isn't too long they have filled about the first six/seven minutes with backstory from the last film! weak.
So its the same again with the same people and the same baddie leader who conveniently comes back from the dead to be the baddie leader in this film again lol! So if you read my review of number four you will get an idea for number five, identical stuff at a run time of 1hour 14min!!

Trancers VI: Life After Deth (2002)

With the loss of Thomerson this franchise dies and this final film shows it. A cast of nobodies in a D-Movie if not lower with home video style effects, action and acting coupled with the exact same run of the mill plot. They even crowbarred in footage of Thomerson as 'Deth' at the start making us believe hes in the film albeit for about three min, bad move as that always comes across as phoney eg. many Bruce Lee films after he died.

Gone are all the cool witty wise cracks from Deth with that classic tough guy flair which always gave these films a tiny edge.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

The Hangover.

I'm not supposed to be within two hundred feet of a school... or a Chuck E. Cheese.

Terx2

Terx2

I recently watched Nightmare on elm street (the remake) 6/10
I preferred the original Nightmare on elm street.
The Freedy Krugear in this film looks like a scarecrow.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Tremors 4 - The Legend Begins.

I still don't know which I love more - part 2 or 4. Or they are equal for me... Hmmm...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: keylight-di on Jul 09, 2011, 05:03:26 PM

I still don't know which I love more - part 2 or 4. Or they are equal for me... Hmmm...

Funny you should say that, because those are the only two in the series directed by S.S. Wilson. (Wilson and Brent Maddock wrote all four, and Maddock directed 3, while Ron Underwood directed the first).

I feel that the first Tremors movie is the best made film in the series, but two and four are my favorites. I likes Wilson's style in directing.

Did you end up watching Tremors 3? I don't remember seeing you post it here. I really liked that one too, despite it feeling a bit DTV. I especially loved the scene in the junkyard.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The Thing from Another World - This is probably the oldest movie I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it. But I felt there were way to many useless characters. It's definitely not up there with Carpenter's The Thing.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 09, 2011, 05:14:07 PM
The Thing from Another World - This is probably the oldest movie I've ever seen, but I enjoyed it. But I felt there were way to many useless characters. It's definitely not up there with Carpenter's The Thing.

Really? No King Kong or anything?

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2011, 05:07:02 PM

Funny you should say that, because those are the only two in the series directed by S.S. Wilson. (Wilson and Brent Maddock wrote all four, and Maddock directed 3, while Ron Underwood directed the first).

I feel that the first Tremors movie is the best made film in the series, but two and four are my favorites. I likes Wilson's style in directing.

Did you end up watching Tremors 3? I don't remember seeing you post it here. I really liked that one too, despite it feeling a bit DTV. I especially loved the scene in the junkyard.

So... I still look for part one, which I missed in TV, but it seems impossible to buy it here. :( And yes, I watched part 3 and I loved it (but a little bit less than 2 and 3 ;) ). I didn't post about it, sorry, but I drew pics for 2 and 4. You don't visit my art thread so you don't know about it. 
But Omega liked it... :)
BTW after watching part 3 I tried to imagine - which kind of Graboids will be next - there were runners and flyers... I didn't expect western movie! :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Nice to hear you liked Tremors 4 Key, eagerly awaiting for you watching part 1 sometimes or the other. ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: keylight-di on Jul 09, 2011, 05:35:23 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 09, 2011, 05:07:02 PM

So... I still look for part one, which I missed in TV, but it seems impossible to buy it here. :( And yes, I watched part 3 and I loved it (but a little bit less than 2 and 3 ;) ). I didn't post about it, sorry, but I drew pics for 2 and 4. You don't visit my art thread so you don't know about it. 
But Omega liked it... :)
BTW after watching part 3 I tried to imagine - which kind of Graboids will be next - there were runners and flyers... I didn't expect western movie! :D

Yep, after part 3, the life cycle goes full circle, as seen in Tremors 4. I loved Hiram in 4, as an anti-Burt, of sorts. :)

I'll have to check out your art thread later and see the pics. Don't take it personally, I just don't look in the art section very often, unless I see something recommended. But this is something I want to see. :)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Live Free or Die Hard
Probably the best of the recent revival trend. A worthwhile McClane adventure.
Cine-Meter, 7/10
Mono-Meter, 8/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed