Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,363,399 times)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

After learning the T-Rex in the film is the same T-Rex from the first movie, I wish I could change my vote  to "extremely" excited.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Watchful Guardian on Feb 04, 2015, 12:47:46 PM
After learning the T-Rex in the film is the same T-Rex from the first movie, I wish I could change my vote  to "extremely" excited.
Yea, no shit. Why can't we open up that poll for a re-vote? I'd like to change my not bothered vote to rock-hard-boner.

szkoki

szkoki

is it the same? really? how come?

predxeno

predxeno

It's most likely a plot device to attract fans of the original film.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 05, 2015, 12:23:51 AM

No, just no

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 05, 2015, 12:56:59 AM

No, just no
It's plot device alright. A plot to correct that major error that occurred in JPIII. Plus the head raptor will need something to ride into battle with and what better than your very own T-rex? Yee-haw!

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I don't think it's really a plot device. It could be a different Rex and it wouldn't drive the plot differently. We haven't even seen the Rex on both trailers too. Feels more like an easter egg since they're not even promoting this. Maybe that could change in future trailers but even then I doubt they'll flat out say it in then.

As an easter egg it's a pretty cool nod to the fans of the franchise. Nothing wrong with that.

predxeno

predxeno

It's probably just my cynical side talking, but I don't really see how bringing up the connection to the previous film would advance the story in any way.  What's so special about the original Rex that a different Rex couldn't likewise do? ???

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 05, 2015, 03:13:06 AM
It's probably just my cynical side talking, but I don't really see how bringing up the connection to the previous film would advance the story in any way.  What's so special about the original Rex that a different Rex couldn't likewise do? ???
It doesn't advance or take away from the story, so why not? Like I said, it's just a nod to the fans.

Personally, I love the idea of it being the original Rex that comes back to take the crown. Assuming it kills the I-Rex.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Feb 05, 2015, 03:16:03 AM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 05, 2015, 03:13:06 AM
It doesn't advance or take away from the story, so why not? Like I said, it's just a nod to the fans.

Personally, I love the idea of it being the original Rex that comes back to take the crown. Assuming it kills the I-Rex.

That's pretty much what I'm saying, taken at face value it just seems like a cheap marketing ploy designed to target fans of the original.  As a person who has studied the craft of writing, I know that when someone puts something into a story the question should always be "Why this?', not "Why not?" (It's how we got Terminator 3 and 4 :()  I'm not going to judge yet though as I don't know what role the "original Rex" will have in the story, I just hope the movie is more than just special effects and action sequences.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

But having the original Rex isn't contrived, it actually makes sense. It didn't die at the end of the first film, and Jurassic World is built on Isla Nublar.

predxeno

predxeno

I played Jurassic Park: The Game from TellTale Games and it's implied in that story (and the novel from which the movie is based) that the entire island got bombed to "preserve the ecosystem".

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I don't think the Telltale game is considered canon within the film series.

predxeno

predxeno

Regardless, unless all the dinosaurs from the original film are still on that island then there better be a plot reason why the original t-rex is there, to bring the fact up and then never mention it again is just pandering to fans of the original since it won't change the plot in any way.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Why can't they be?  We'll have no idea, because none of the other dinosaurs have distinguishing marks a la the Tyrannosaurus with the Velociraptor scars.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed