Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,356,727 times)

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I quite liked the design of the raptors in Jurassic Park 3. I just hope that they address the issue as to why these raptors looked different from the ones in the first two films in a future film.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Vecrotus on Oct 01, 2011, 11:33:37 AM
I quite liked the design of the raptors in Jurassic Park 3. I just hope that they address the issue as to why these raptors looked different from the ones in the first two films in a future film.

I also liked the design of the jp3 raptors but i hated it that they used it in grants daydream. also the lost world raptors will always be the best for me  ::)

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

Quote from: Snowdog on Oct 01, 2011, 11:38:08 AM

I also liked the design of the jp3 raptors but i hated it that they used it in grants daydream. also the lost world raptors will always be the best for me  ::)

Hollywood Baby!!!

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: Snowdog on Oct 01, 2011, 11:38:08 AM

I agree. It made no sense for him to imagine a raptor looking like that as he had never seen one prior to his dream.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hopefully Terra Nova and Planet Dinosaur will re-ignite serious interest in a fourth JP movie.

Keg

Keg

Changing the raptors appearance in JPIII so they looked closer to what new evidence suggested they looked like, pissed me off. Why? Because trying to make them as accurate as possible is a complete joke anyway seeing as they arent even Velociraptors. Christ whats next in JPIV. Actual turkey sized, feathery Raptors. f**k realism, its a damn sci-FI (emphasis on the fiction) action blockbuster.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

This is a little bit different though than your average run-of-the-mill sci-fi film. This using animals that actually existed once and not just creations from someone's imagination.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yea but they are geneticly engineered, meaning alternations are quite possible. I doubt all or most of the dinosaurs featured could change sex in reality. Especially because they had more in common with repitles and birds than amphibians.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 01, 2011, 04:22:46 PM
This is a little bit different though than your average run-of-the-mill sci-fi film. This using animals that actually existed once and not just creations from someone's imagination.

Granted but this is what the film's version of a Velociraptor looked like back in JP.

And this is what a Raptor would have looked more like in reality and it would only have been the size of a large turkey.

So my point is, we know that Raptors arent anything like the ones in the film, so why then try and change them to make them appear more like they were when they are clearly still miles away from what they actually are. Theyre not even Raptors, theyre more like Deinonychus in the films. Did we careas kids? Did we f**k, do we care now that were older and know Raptors are nothing like the ones in the films? Do we f**k? So why change them?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spielberg wanted people to say they saw real Dinosaurs - but I always thought he intended that in a behaviour context, because he really didn't care if his Dilophosaurus had a quite noticeable, Clamydosaurus-esque frill.
That and both the novel and film versions of the Dinosaurs' DNAs have been tampered with foreign genetic material. That fact alone would just tell you that they aren't exactly gonna be 100% like their real counterparts, actual knowledge of facts or not.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Keg on Oct 01, 2011, 06:12:12 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 01, 2011, 04:22:46 PM

Granted but this is what the film's version of a Velociraptor looked like back in JP.

http://www.thelmagazine.com/imager/summerscreen-this-week-jurassic-park/b/original/2169053/b52b/jurassic_kitchen_raptor.jpg

And this is what a Raptor would have looked more like in reality and it would only have been the size of a large turkey.

http://www.dinosaursinart.com/velociraptor/IMAG0009.JPG

So my point is, we know that Raptors arent anything like the ones in the film, so why then try and change them to make them appear more like they were when they are clearly still miles away from what they actually are. Theyre not even Raptors, theyre more like Deinonychus in the films. Did we careas kids? Did we f**k, do we care now that were older and know Raptors are nothing like the ones in the films? Do we f**k? So why change them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor

Requiem28

Alien³

Alien³

This is brilliant!

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6617410/jurassic-park-characters-awful-realization

And btw in regards to all the confusion of the animals in JPark read this article it explains everything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_issues_in_Jurassic_Park

First Blood

First Blood

Requiem28

Requiem28

Is that the guy that actually played the lawyer in the movie?

EDIT*

Nevermind, just read First Blood's spoiler.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed