Author
Halo (Read 762,191 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Wars is fun, but Mission 4 is so hard, even on Normal! :D

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 09, 2010, 01:48:18 AM
Hmmm, maybe big surprise appearance??? I can't wait for this game!!

Oh, and did anyone get the new version of The Fall of Reach? If so, what's different between the 2010 version and the 2001 version, because I'm not wasting money on a book I already own.
Found the answear to your question
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/transmissions/article/2010-08-03--The-Fall-of-Reach-In-Stores-Now
so theres a little bit of new material and there doing the same for the flood and first strike aswell  :-\
this sucks ive already got em and now ill have to get em again *sigh*

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightlord on Aug 10, 2010, 01:10:03 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 09, 2010, 01:48:18 AM
Hmmm, maybe big surprise appearance??? I can't wait for this game!!

Oh, and did anyone get the new version of The Fall of Reach? If so, what's different between the 2010 version and the 2001 version, because I'm not wasting money on a book I already own.
Found the answear to your question
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/transmissions/article/2010-08-03--The-Fall-of-Reach-In-Stores-Now
so theres a little bit of new material and there doing the same for the flood and first strike aswell  :-\
this sucks ive already got em and now ill have to get em again *sigh*

So... they're changing nothing, just adding some bonus art and stuff? It sounds just like a re-release. :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

In which case, I will not be buying these books. I'll save my money for Greg Bear's Forerunner trilogy and Karen Traviss' post Halo 3 trilogy.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 10, 2010, 02:45:43 PM
In which case, I will not be buying these books. I'll save my money for Greg Bear's Forerunner trilogy and Karen Traviss' post Halo 3 trilogy.

Ditto.

I'm just re-reading this thread from start to finish, I'm on page 26 so far, and back in '09 on an earlier page you mentioned a post-credits scene in ODST. Now I need to go replay Coastal Highway sometime and watch all the credits! Damn you Nightmare! :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

You still haven't seen that scene!?!?! It's amazing! :D Actually, I still haven't seen the legendary ending. When I beat the level on Legendary, the people I was playing with skipped the credits :/

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 10, 2010, 02:54:27 PM
You still haven't seen that scene!?!?! It's amazing! :D Actually, I still haven't seen the legendary ending. When I beat the level on Legendary, the people I was playing with skipped the credits :/

Hell, I didn't even know that there was a scene after the credits!  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

All except Halo Wars have scenes after the credits, (well, Halo Wars has a line of dialogue after the credits on legendary, though). So I guess we can expect Halo Reach to have an after credits scene, too. I'm hoping that it's inside the Pillar of Autumn, with Captain Keyes seeing the first Halo ring, and then awakening Master Chief from cryo.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 10, 2010, 03:02:50 PM
All except Halo Wars have scenes after the credits, (well, Halo Wars has a line of dialogue after the credits on legendary, though). So I guess we can expect Halo Reach to have an after credits scene, too. I'm hoping that it's inside the Pillar of Autumn, with Captain Keyes seeing the first Halo ring, and then awakening Master Chief from cryo.

WAT.

Now I need to replay Halo: Combat Evolved's final mission and watch after the credits, and do the same for ODST. :D

I'm still not done with Halo 2, I'm on the Arbiter level where you have to recover the Index (I haven't played any of it yet, because I got up to it, saved it and came off the 360).

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

CE's isn't much of a scene, more of a tease. Something that you already know if you played Halo 2. But stil pretty cool.

I'm watching Legends again now, because I'm going to be letting a friend borrow it!
EDIT: I feel Odd One Out is a wasted opportunity. it was funny, but I would have preferred another cannon story.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I have an answer to all your troubles: Youtube.

I always play on Legendary on the first run through and sit through the credits for the extra scene (except on ODST where my controller slipped in my hand and I accidentally skipped them the first time).

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

HALO is cool and all and lookin forward to REACH but why is the halo series rated M? There is barely any blood (human blood) and I hardly heard any bad language at all in any halo games. Violence, violence isnt really a big deal at all imo what games these days dont have violence? I just think it should be rated T thats all.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Its probably hard to justify giving a game about genocidal aliens wiping out humanity so they can attempt to activate a galactic nuke while a terrifying parasite that eats people roam about a T rating.

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Aug 12, 2010, 04:06:18 PM
Its probably hard to justify giving a game about genocidal aliens wiping out humanity so they can attempt to activate a galactic nuke while a terrifying parasite that eats people roam about a T rating.

Thats true but what is actually shown gameplaywise dosent scream M for Mature to me. I would love to see more shit go down in halo like seein more blood when you shoot someone or some really gnarly executions like reach is gonna have. IMO deep down I think they kinda cater halo to the younger crowd which is cool, I like halo but to me its just not brutal enough to warrent an M rating. Then again it probably wouldnt be the same halo if they did go all hardcore on it, make it more dark and realistic like when you slash w/ the energy sword the guy gets cut in half or something.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Aug 12, 2010, 04:30:36 PM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on Aug 12, 2010, 04:06:18 PM

Thats true but what is actually shown gameplaywise dosent scream M for Mature to me. I would love to see more shit go down in halo like seein more blood when you shoot someone or some really gnarly executions like reach is gonna have. IMO deep down I think they kinda cater halo to the younger crowd which is cool, I like halo but to me its just not brutal enough to warrent an M rating. Then again it probably wouldnt be the same halo if they did go all hardcore on it, make it more dark and realistic like when you slash w/ the energy sword the guy gets cut in half or something.

I prefer the colorful tone, actually. It sets it apart from other shooters, and is generally more pleasant. Its more amusing for me if I feel like we're having a giant Power Ranger war instead of the generic gritty macho heroes fighting big gritty macho enemies.

Also, I refuse to believe that the average blood spurt is better for a head-shot then confetti and the laughter of children.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed