Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,213 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I think Nightfall looks interesting enough, but the tone is a bit off and it looks (visually) a lot like Prometheus.
My biggest problem with Nightfall is the scale of the assault rifles is absurd. The DMR scale looks right, but the assault rifles look comically over scale

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 28, 2014, 12:12:44 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 28, 2014, 10:47:13 AM
argh. The need to buy an Xbox-One is burning inside me. I thought I could hold out.

Wait to see what holiday season price slashes have to offer maybe, that's what I'm doing.

I think I will. I'm going to try and save some pennies aside for one. I'm going to need one for Halo 5 anyway.  ;D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 30, 2014, 12:33:03 AM
It's not that Hood and Miranda look bad, they just look nothing like themselves. They're extremely well rendered, they just don't look like the characters I know.

Perhaps they couldn't get the actors in to scan? Either way, that change doesn't bother me too much. It looks far too gorgeous. I really wish they'd just do a full CGI movie.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It's not that they couldn't get the actors to scan, they just decided to use the mocap actors faces as they did their performance of these CG scenes done by BLUR

Randomizer

Randomizer

Halo 5 Cutscene screenshots :

All I can figure out of this is they're talking about the MC (Demon) . And the Elite Locke is talking to...is he actually the Arbiter ?

I think there was a whole video out of this cutscene but I didn't find it .

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Thel looks boss in those screens. And they kept his design true to what he wore in Escalation.  :-*

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa, great!

Is it actually Halo 5 though, or part of the new CGI into/epilogue set to be included with H2A?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I saw the cinimatic but it was taken down shortly after.
It begins with one of the H4 style covenant drop ships (the only time I remember seeing it was in the last spartan ops mission)
Locke is inside and there is an Elite with yellow and red armor telling him that he doesn't trust him even though the Arbiter does.
The Arbiter then approaches them and they have a discussion about trust, and Locke tells the arbiter
"I'm not hunting any Spartan, I'm hunting the Spartan - 117"
The Arbiter apparently has no knowledge of this up until then and the cut scene basically ends there

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Randomizer on Nov 05, 2014, 09:51:20 AM
Halo 5 Cutscene screenshots :

All I can figure out of this is they're talking about the MC (Demon) . And the Elite Locke is talking to...is he actually the Arbiter ?

I think there was a whole video out of this cutscene but I didn't find it .
Here it is:   http://vid.me/GJg

Ah that sweet, sweet Keith David voice. Don't care for his look, but arby still sounds great.

Worth nothing that hologram is of that forerunner sphinx from the first trailer. Looks like there's more Spartan 4s in the background too.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 05, 2014, 01:14:47 PM
Whoa, great!

Is it actually Halo 5 though, or part of the new CGI intro/epilogue set to be included with H2A?

The source of the screenshots says they're a part of Halo 5, but in the video Nightlord posted (btw thanks for that ;)) it says it's the prologue to the MCC . I'd say it'll do a good job in both cases .

EDIT : Look up on the video because at some point it pauses and you can see which level is it on . So this cutscene is now officially part of the Halo 2 "The Heretic" level .

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nooooo! I wanted to know.

I'm digging the Arbiter's look. Very regal. Argh. My Halo bones are twitching so much.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

I need it now, my life has slowed down to a mundane crawl without it. It's tearing my psyche apart.  ;)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The Arbiter looks... ridiculous, and very out of line with the Halo aesthetic, looking more like some rejected design from Predators. That said, I love that they're going back to the Elites speaking english... sounds so sweet to my ears.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I guess we're going to have these cutscenes w/ Locke and The Arbiter mixed out with the H2A campaign , much like the interrogation room in Call of Duty Black Ops .

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For those interested in the new book, Broken Circle, there's a PDF preview of the prologue available. I haven't read it yet but here's the link: http://enterprise.supadu.com/images/ckfinder/26/pdfs/Halo/44569-Halo-Broken-Circle-Excerpt-Landing-Page.pdf

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2014, 08:26:31 AM
For those interested in the new book, Broken Circle, there's a PDF preview of the prologue available. I haven't read it yet but here's the link: http://enterprise.supadu.com/images/ckfinder/26/pdfs/Halo/44569-Halo-Broken-Circle-Excerpt-Landing-Page.pdf

I WANT IT!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed