Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,281 times)

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Ok, who else is chomping at the bit to be a Sangheili in multiplayer again?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

That's cool, but I'm more excited about the prospect of more direct interactions with the Sangheili in the campaign come Halo 5. Bring on the Arbiter. 8)

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 18, 2014, 12:38:11 PM
That's cool, but I'm more excited about the prospect of more direct interactions with the Sangheili in the campaign come Halo 5. Bring on the Arbiter. 8)

I would love to play as Thel once again, he's by far my favourite character in the entire Halo universe. Here's hoping...

Randomizer

Randomizer

What's your favorite Halo game ? I personally think all are great , everyone of them being slightly better at something than the other ( Halo CE had the most nostalgic feel , Halo 2 had the longest and best campagin , Halo 3 had the best soundtrack & Halo 4 had the best gameplay for me )  .

Spartan Assault & Halo Wars dosen't count ! ( Reach & ODST are available )

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pfft, Wars is awesome. :P

ODST is probably my favorite, though. Love the atmosphere of it.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 19, 2014, 11:40:06 AM
Pfft, Wars is awesome. :P

My body is still ready for the sequel... GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Halo 2 is my fav, due to the introduction of Thel Vadam- which felt fresh and didn't paint all aliens as monsters.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Halo CE>Halo 3> Halo Reach> Halo 2> ODST>Halo 4

I really enjoy Halo Wars but I wouldn't put it up there with the others because they play completely differently.
I would have placed Halo 2 above Halo Reach but I find Thel's missions to be extremely long and some times boring. Chiefs missions felt shorter but where much more fun.
Halo 4 is my least favorite of the series so far.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Ya;know, I often say ODST is my favorite ('cause it is) but I'm also glad that the rest of the games aren't really all that much like it. Halo is - and, for the most part, should be - a grand sweeping sci-fi epic like the core games. It's really great to have something a bit different from time to time (like ODST and Reach, and I hope to see more games in that vein in the future) but Halo in its truest form usually comes when you are off on a big galactic adventure channeled through ancient alien technologies and gorgeous space vistas.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I enjoyed ODST quite a bit, the atmosphere is great imo and I loved being a regular soldier for once. I just wish that there had been elites as enemies as opposed to brutes. I would have loved another game like there, where you play as a regular marine or ODST. It would have been funny if they had made an expansion where you play as Chipps Dubbo (the Australian marine)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 19, 2014, 05:45:18 PM
I really enjoy Halo Wars but I wouldn't put it up there with the others because they play completely differently.

This is why I didn't make it count .

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Aug 19, 2014, 05:45:18 PM
I would have placed Halo 2 above Halo Reach but I find Thel's missions to be extremely long and some times boring. Chiefs missions felt shorter but where much more fun.

I liked the mid-ending part of the campagin from Sacred Icon to The Great Journey . That was awesome . As for Reach , it tried to combine all the other elements ( good soundtrack , good campagin , gameplay,  nostalgia ) into one package but It seemed a bit boring to replay it again and I got bored of the firefight mode kinda fast too .

Even tough , If Halo 4 had a firefight mode , I'd be happy .

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Halo 2>Halo>Halo 3>ODST>Halo 4>Reach

I didn't like Halo 4's story mostly because this "Human-Forerunner War" backstory they had going on which didn't make any logical f**king sense because they kept talking about humanity being chosen to succeed the Forerunners in every other game..and you know, Covenant still evil and shit and the incompetent general/admiral/whatever who was there only to be a jackass and serve no other purpose, even at the cost of his mens' lives just to win a dick measuring contest with the Chief..but it had Master Chief so that was something and I liked how it explored his and Cortana's relationship {they belong together and you know it}

I've learned we're stuck with CoD shit getting into every other FPS so as much as I'd like to bitch about grenade indicators and perks, I'm so used to it by now that I don't even really care

I only liked Jorge in Reach so when he died I didn't have anyone to give a crap about. I also think it was the worst multiplayer Halo ever had. It had that really cool Elites vs Spartan gametype that really should have been fleshed out more. It was a great idea that fell short. I didn't like most of the maps and certain perks were completely broken {Armor lock cough cough}

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 20, 2014, 02:18:26 PM
I didn't like Halo 4's story mostly because this "Human-Forerunner War" backstory they had going on which didn't make any logical f**king sense because they kept talking about humanity being chosen to succeed the Forerunners in every other game

From what I understand, the humans were intended to inherit the Mantle from the Forerunners but the Didact had a personal grudge match against them. His wife the Librarian, on the other hand, loved them. While the Librarian sought to evolve the humans to carry on where the Forerunners left off (like the previous games hinted at, and the "upgrade" she gave Chief in 4 actually showed), the Didact sought to utilize the humans to create more Promethean warriors to combat the Flood when he ran out of actual Forerunner Promethean soldiers to use.

Covenant still evil and shit

Splinter group. Jul 'Mdama (seen in Spartan Ops) has very different intentions post-war than the Arbiter does, which should come more into the forefront in Halo 5: Guardians when the Arbiter himself returns to the series.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Halo 2>Halo>Halo 3>ODST>Halo 4>Reach

I didn't like Halo 4's story mostly because this "Human-Forerunner War" backstory they had going on which didn't make any logical f**king sense because they kept talking about humanity being chosen to succeed the Forerunners in every other game..and you know, Covenant still evil and shit and the incompetent general/admiral/whatever who was there only to be a jackass and serve no other purpose, even at the cost of his mens' lives just to win a dick measuring contest with the Chief..but it had Master Chief so that was something and I liked how it explored his and Cortana's relationship {they belong together and you know it}

I've learned we're stuck with CoD shit getting into every other FPS so as much as I'd like to bitch about grenade indicators and perks, I'm so used to it by now that I don't even really care

I only liked Jorge in Reach so when he died I didn't have anyone to give a crap about. I also think it was the worst multiplayer Halo ever had. It had that really cool Elites vs Spartan gametype that really should have been fleshed out more. It was a great idea that fell short. I didn't like most of the maps and certain perks were completely broken {Armor lock cough cough}
Are you me?
Aside from the rankings I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I agree with you . The first game I played was Halo 3 then I came back and played the other two . Of course I didn't understood a lot from only Halo 3 but from all 3 games everything fit right in ( + Reach that added some back story ) . The story was easier to understand and you didn't need to think very much about it . As for Halo 4 , I had to think a lot because It messed the story a bit ( couldn't figure out shit about what the Librarian said of the "Human-Forerunner War" and combine it with what I know from the other games ) .

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I also started with 3, and then went pack and played 1 and 2 before continuing on with each subsequent game on release. Never really had a problem getting into Halo 4's story additions, though. Felt quite natural to me (once I got beyond the initial shock of there actually being another game with the Chief as a lead, which I initially had my reservations about).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed