Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,247 times)

Vakarian

Vakarian

I'm extra happy about the Master Chief collection, seeing as I never played Halo 1, 2 or Anniversary.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 25, 2014, 09:00:47 PM
This is somehow supposed to be Hood:

Cal said it best, he does look better. Everyone f**king looks better.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Good god, that CG is incredible.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jul 25, 2014, 11:12:58 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 25, 2014, 09:00:47 PM
This is somehow supposed to be Hood:

He looks a lot f**king better than he did in Halo 2.

I'm not denying that model is great. I'm just saying that it looks nothing at all like the established appearance of Hood, which is basically just Ron Perlman's face. They should've just scanned Perlman and put him in the game. Instead they have this generic looking old guy.

If I was shown that photo with no prior knowledge of it, and asked who it was, I would never, ever say Admiral Lord Hood.

Vakarian

Vakarian

He doesn't remind me of Ron Perlman at all.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, not now, maybe, but it was always there. Really evident in Halo 3:

Eyes, mouth, and nose, mainly. Like a slightly chubbier, older Perlman.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It looks more like an older version of The Heavy from Team Fortress 2.

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 26, 2014, 02:55:36 AM
Well, not now, maybe, but it was always there. Really evident in Halo 3:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/12499/49514-7.jpg

Eyes, mouth, and nose, mainly. Like a slightly chubbier, older Perlman.

Nope, I can definitely see it now, it was just that picture was at a weird angle I guess.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Well it's different, and I hope there's the option to have the halo 2 cutscenes with new graphics in some capacity, but I can deal with it, it doesn't look bad.
I do think the elites have a bad head to squid jaw ratio though, the arbiter and good old half jaws, well, jaws look small and kind of tacked on to the face with a huge spot where there's no nose.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

No Halo 2 cutscenes with current gen remastering, just the originals - confirmed in the RTX panel. :\

The Arbiter's CGI model doesn't look to monster-like, and Tartarus looks awesome... Well really, the CGI in general is incredible, but I'm no fan of Cortana's look, which they could have at LEAST used the animation model actress from Halo 4 with. Ditto Pearlman, who I'm pretty sure Bungie actually legally cleared the likeness of, as they had with Nathan Fillion and Tricia Helfer in ODST.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 27, 2014, 08:23:59 PM
No Halo 2 cutscenes with current gen remastering, just the originals - confirmed in the RTX panel. :\

Pooey. Why update the Halo games if you're not gonna keep one of the signature aspects of the Halo games?

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Now, I sit patiently with a gameless Xbox One [Spartan Assault doesn't count] and wait for the sole reason for buying the thing.  :)

Thel and Rtas look flipping dynamite and the chills with that cinematic trailer... :-*

WinterActual

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So this is a thing now:

One of the new additions that will be added to the revamped H2A maps that will run on the new engine. This is kind of amazing. :D

They're also going to be bringing back the silenced SMG and Assault Rifle, among other things.

http://teambeyond.net/rtx-master-chief-collection-recap/

TheLoneSpoon

TheLoneSpoon

Halo 2 was the best

that multiplayer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed