Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,407 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I love that trailer. I was like "Oooohhh Halo 2 Anniversary...oh wait...." and then they drop that bombshell. I really don't want to buy the whole set as I've got them all already but I'll happily buy 2 Anniversary - I just don't wanna get shafted out the beta or the Ridley show.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I have everything as well (CE twice, in both the original and Anniversary editions), but I know I'll wind up getting this. H2A, Nightfall, the beta, and the convenience of having everything able to be accessed directly on the new console makes it a worthwhile purchase, in my opinion.

Now to just get the console :P

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793572/halo-master-chief-collection-xbox-one

"To find him you have to forget the stories, forget the legends. You have to do more than walk in his footsteps, for he is more than the sum of his actions. I tell you this not because I trust you, Agent Locke, but because all our lives are at stake, because the seeds of our future are sewn in his past."

That Arbiter. That KTH DVD.

So I guess this new Spartan, Agent Locke, is being sent (or at least informed) by the Arbiter to track down Chief. Whatever human/Covenant alliance that the Arbiter is associated with is probably under some threat (Covenant? Forerunner? Precursor? Flood? Human?) and needs Chief's assistance. Or could something have happened that turned the CHief and Arbiter against one another?

I wonder where ONI comes into play, since there is clearly an ONI logo on Locke's chest. If I remember hearing correctly, in the Kilo-Five trilogy there is some tension between the Arbiter and ONI which seems to be coming into play in his speech in the trailer ("not because I trust you"). Guess I really need to read those now.

Oh man, so many questions. This is why I love Halo.

Also, I don't think I verbalized my excitement just enough yet, but MY GOD THE ARBITER IS BACK! ;D

Randomizer

Randomizer

I wish that the upcoming Halos don't change almost everything .  :-\ For example , I want the classic soundtrack by Martin O'Donnell back and Arbiter .  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Randomizer on Jun 09, 2014, 06:32:38 PM
  I wish that the upcoming Halos don't change almost everything .  :-\ For example , I want the classic soundtrack by Martin O'Donnell back and Arbiter .  :laugh:

The Arbiter is going to be back in Halo 5: Guardians. I don't think they got Keith David just to voice him for a minute in a trailer if he wasn't going to be in the game. :P

Also, if what I read is correct it seems that Halo: Nightfall's Marlowe and Halo 5: Guardians' Agent Locke are indeed one in the same.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Sixty bucks for all the games and cool shit in the Master Chief collection. I'm f**king sold.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Breakdown all the Halo's news for me.  What is going on.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 09, 2014, 07:38:44 PM
Breakdown all the Halo's news for me.  What is going on.

I was actually just coming here to post this breakdown of The Master Chief Collection:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/e3-2014-halo-the-master-chief-collection-halo-5-beta-announced-for-xbox-one

I really love this little tidbit, which wasn't mentioned at the actual conference:

QuoteRenowned CG cutscene studio Blur is handling the do-over on all of the Halo 2 cutscenes, including a brand-new non-playable prologue and epilogue that will "contextualize the Chief's journey in [Halo] 1-4, and also set up a bit of what to expect in Halo 5," according to 343 Executive Producer of Publishing Dan Ayoub.

And check this post for the videos that were shown at the conference.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Thanks mang.

I couldn't tell by just the interweb if Halo 2 Anniversary would be in the collection or not. 

Nightlord

Nightlord

Some pictures of the redone cgi stuff I presume.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/466018/previews/halo-the-master-chief-collection-is-a-dazzling-package-of-all-four-halos-plus-so-much-more/

Poor arby his face is a toothy mess.
From the gameplay pictures it looks like they're porting over reach models for the enemies again.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Whatchoo talkin bout? Arbiter looks badass!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That trailer got me excited. Way, way, way better than the Halo 4 E3 ad. Sets up the tone of everything quite nicely. Things seem to be going in an interesting direction, and

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 09, 2014, 05:46:27 PM
That KTH DVD.

KTH DVD!

I'm a bit iffy on the Halo 2: Anniversary thing. I don't think this is as warranted as the Combat Evolved Anniversary; that was marking 10 years of Halo as a franchise, this is just 10 years of one of the games. Are they gonna have Halo 3: Anniversary next? Still, won't pass judgement until I've seen more of it. Updated graphics should be nice, and it'll not doubt be very beautiful. Be interesting to catch a glimpse of what they're gonna do art-direction-wise-

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 09, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I totally don't see the problem with that face. Is it the billion teeth? That's gotta be it.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

People will always find things to bitch about.  ::)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Jun 09, 2014, 08:19:57 PM
Whatchoo talkin bout? Arbiter looks badass!
Nah, that guy in my sig he looks badass. That thing looks like the halo wars arbiter, he was an enemy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 09, 2014, 08:20:16 PM
I'm a bit iffy on the Halo 2: Anniversary thing. I don't think this is as warranted as the Combat Evolved Anniversary; that was marking 10 years of Halo as a franchise, this is just 10 years of one of the games.

During all the H2A rumors from 2011 to now I agreed completely with that sentiment, and would have definitely felt the same if it was just H2A that was announced today, but I'm quite happy with the news that it is going to be released as part of a bundle like this. That makes the whole thing much easier to get behind.

Also, I quite like the new Arbiter look myself. it feels very much in line with the designs 343i used on Halo 4's Elites. Maybe they could have cut back on a few teeth, but I'm not complaining.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 09, 2014, 08:20:16 PM
Way, way, way better than the Halo 4 E3 ad.

No! We don't talk about that thing! :-X

Apparently Frank O'Connor did a stream earlier and confirmed Forge for Halo 2 Anniversary.

Also, pre-order bonuses:

QuoteAmazon Exclusive Pre-order Bonus Offer:
With the PiƱata Skull, enemies will drop plasma grenade with every melee!

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection-Xbox-One/dp/B00KSQHX1K/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402347084&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+master+chief+collection

QuoteThe Bandana Skull provides unlimited ammo and grenades.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection/115398

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed