Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,293 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

You take that back. It was so much better than H4.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 16, 2014, 06:57:50 PM
Reach was awful.

I found Reach to be wonderful, despite it feeling quite different from what came before. Reach was much more military sci-fi in comparison to the other games' space opera roots, but it did what it set out to do extremely well. I loved the characters, the story, and the overall immersive experience that connected me directly to Reach's (and, by extension, Noble 6's) fall.

Made for a great prequel to the main trilogy, in my opinion.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 16, 2014, 07:00:52 PM
You take that back. It was so much better than H4.

Gah... I loved Halo 4 as well! :P

I was with everyone else when they said that Chief should say sleeping after Halo 3, but for some reason when E3 announced Halo 4 with that horrible CGI trailer a glimmer of hope somehow sparked in me. When I finally had the game in my hands in 2012, I was absolutely blown away. It was definitely the most character-driven story of the franchise (even more than Reach, I'd say) and made for a perfect continuation that only enhanced what I thought should have stayed as an ending in Halo 3. The very bond between Chief and Cortana, the introduction and presentation of the Forerunners, the mysterious world of Requiem... I loved it all.

Uh oh, I think I'm getting in one of those Halo moods again... I do have those Forerunner books sitting there waiting to be read... :D

Note the logo on his chest... definitely ONI. That has me immensely excited. Can't wait to find out what his agenda is.

Also, there's speculation that the concept art (posted on the previous page) is Sanghelios. That would be fantastic if true!

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

QuoteAlso, there's speculation that the concept art (posted on the previous page) is Sanghelios. That would be fantastic if true!

*claws crossed* Please, please be proven right.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Reach is my favorite out of all of them.  Appreciated the darker mood.

But I didn't grow up playing the others as my original Halo copy started to fail to load past the main menu so I've only ever played Anniversary edition, ODST, Reach and 4. 

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Seriously?

Honestly I think the first three are masterpieces that badly need to be ported to PC.

The rest I couldn't care less about.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

different strokes erik

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

True.

You should play two and three though.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The first game and Reach are tied as #1 for me when it comes to campaign.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I only ever play campaign for Xbox games so I should mention that.

Nightlord

Nightlord

QuoteWe've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

There was rumors about this earlier in the year, if it's popping up again so close to E3 it may be a safe bet it's true.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Anyone reading the Halo: Escalation comic series? And if so, how is it so far? I'm reading up on it a bit and it seems like its making some pretty interesting developments in the wake of Halo 4. Wondering if it's worth checking out, since I actually haven't read any of the comics except the original The Halo Graphic Novel (I plan to change that soon, however).

Also, I'm over 100 pages into Halo: Cryptum. I read it a couple years ago, but forgot most of the details and didn't want to jump into the two sequels without refreshing my memory first. Great stuff.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Nightlord on May 16, 2014, 10:20:57 PM
QuoteWe've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

There was rumors about this earlier in the year, if it's popping up again so close to E3 it may be a safe bet it's true.

Fantastic. Guess I'll be able to marathon Halo 1-4 next year before Halo 5's release. ;D

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 20, 2014, 01:20:48 AM
Anyone reading the Halo: Escalation comic series? And if so, how is it so far? I'm reading up on it a bit and it seems like its making some pretty interesting developments in the wake of Halo 4. Wondering if it's worth checking out, since I actually haven't read any of the comics except the original The Halo Graphic Novel (I plan to change that soon, however).

Also, I'm over 100 pages into Halo: Cryptum. I read it a couple years ago, but forgot most of the details and didn't want to jump into the two sequels without refreshing my memory first. Great stuff.

If you like the comics, check out Helljumper.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Heard good things about that one. I'm probably going to end up getting this. Came out a few months ago, and it collects Uprising, Helljumper, and Blood Line all in one book. :)

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Nice. I don't have Blood Lines, but the other 2 are excellent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed