Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,346 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Halo 4 was pretty sweet, I think. I haven't played it nearly as much as the other Halo games and only did the campaign once, but I still liked it and didn't feel it was "call of crap" or a "game whore". That's just non-sense talk.

The only time I ever disliked Halo 4 was when I was temp banned for "leaving too many games" when I was being forced out due to shitty connection. First time I learned they started doing that.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: underbound on Aug 31, 2013, 02:16:03 AM
Bullshit. I felt the game tried to hard at every aspect and the game failed because of that. It just wasnt Hal©,it was trying to be call of crap and it wasnt FUN! Its become another game whore where its name sells and too many people buy it. I knew what was coming and I felt terrible renting it. In short,Halo©4 was too much a waste of time. :(

Completely disagree, this game felt nothing like you described. I wouldn't even say this describes the multi-player.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

f**k, that just sounds so perfect for the next place the series to go.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Can't wait to see what happens, UNF.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Oh man, that sounds fantastic. Definitely the biggest departure from the series' usual formula yet.  I am very excited.

Just please stop calling it Halo for Xbox One. :P

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Yes. Please depart from the usual formula. This is good and shows ambition.
And if the fans ruin it again like they did Halo 2, there will be blood.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Just wondering, has anyone played Halo: Spartan Assault? I just want to have an idea of what it is like if I decide to get it.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Nightlord on Aug 31, 2013, 10:16:04 AM

Damn it, I may just buy an Xbox One just for this...

and that collection with the remastered Halo 2 multiplayer since I never played Halo 2 multi. :P

Prime113

Prime113

That description sounded kind of like RIDDICK... and that's f**kin awesome.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Reading that description again and thinking about Halo 4, I feel very much like the 343 era of Halo is definitely embracing a lot more of the space opera inspired elements that the Bungie era planted the seeds for. The Bungie games (and Wars) definitely had a sense of mysticism at the core of the games, but on the surface the first ten years of Halo were very much a war story. The only real exception to that, I'd say, was Combat Evolved, where the war was essentially just a reason to get you on Installation 04. Halo 4, and now Halo  5, seem to be fully embracing and developing those more science-fantasy and mythological elements of the series (the Forerunners, primarily, and hopefully some more Precursor and Flood stuff down the line). And it all feels like a very natural progression as the universe continues to grow and expand.

Damn it, now I want to play all of these games again.

Sabby

Sabby

I have a friend in Denmark who never owned an Xbox of any kind, so Halo was just this thing he was aware of but knew nothing about. He always parroted the 'lol, spess mareens teabaggin' campers lolololol' jokes.

So, I sent him this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f49x7jSWds#

He was so impressed he watched playthroughs of every Halo game, in proper order, and now not only does he understand why I dislike the series focus on multiplayer over the story, but he shares my respect for Halo Reach.

It was a good day. Good things were accomplished.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Mission accomplished, my friend.

Mission accomplished.

Sabby

Sabby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CBkmpiVFyc#ws

I really hope this supports 360 controllers.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

The fact that the game hasn't yet been released on the Xbox 360 for digital download is the dumbest thing ever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed