Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,345 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Got it finally, screw heroic legendary here I come.

SiL

SiL

Played the first few missions with a brother. Is it me, or is every second mission "Go do X (usually 3) iterations of [action] so we can move onto the next thing!" Destroying generators, redirecting power, etc.

Actually digging it a lot more than I thought I would. I didn't think I wasn't going to like it, I just didn't think I was going to like it this much. I only stopped playing to ensure I'd actually go to bed at some point.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm probably going to head off in a few hours and get this. Very, very excited ;D

Also, I'm very glad to hear everyone is liking it so far!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Can someone please call my work and let them know I'm still feeling sick? A couple of more days should work.

Love it!

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

It's finally here, in my hands...

The time has come.....

Nightlord

Nightlord

I've just finished it, dear lord that ending brought a damn tear to my eye, I can't even imagine where Halo 5 will go.
The legendary cutscene after the credits is well worth it
Spoiler
Didact may still be alive, maybe, he narrates it anyway, MAIN reason to get it though
Spoiler
you get to see John take off his helmet, only see his eyes though
[close]
[close]

All in all the game was amazing I can't thank 343 enough for it, just damn amazing.

First Blood

First Blood

I was playing multi-player at my buddy's house today, and it's great. I really like it. Especially the oribital weapon drops you can do. :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

IT IS IN MY HANDS

and so is my penor.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
whadddup.

Couldn't wait to jump into multiplayer, played the first level of the campaign, going to finish it asap.

Anyone know how the armor unlocks, mainly mkVI and Locus? I can't seem to find anything on their unlocks, but it seems most of the other armor is by commendation.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

This game...

This f**king game...

Holy f**k... It's like.. It's like..... Holy f**k...

I would post "This game makes my dick ROCK HARD"

But it's so much more than that.

This may be the best game I have played. Ever. It's so good.

Spoiler
FLYING A PELICAN, HOLY f**k. HOLY. f**k. YES. JUST YES.
[close]

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I could get Halo 4, but I promised myself that the huge chunk of free money I recently just got would all be put towards paying off loans for college.

So I still won't have it till I earn it... or I get it for Christmas...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I just finished the campaign...

WOW.

It was absolutely amazing.

EDIT: Halo Cryptum and Halo 4 spoilers:

Spoiler
So in Cryptum, at the end, the Didact technically dies and is reborn in Bornstellar. I haven't read Primordium, so I don't know why the Didact was 'evil' in this game, but anyone else think the mutation that the Librarian put John through gave him a bit of the Didact's essence (like what happened with Bornstellar)? Chief is obviously more than the average human (well, more than the average Spartan :P) by the time the game ends.
[close]

Remonster

Remonster

Is anyone else in love with the main menu music? I get a huge prometheus/The Mist vibe from it, and I love it.

Quote from: Byohzrd on Nov 06, 2012, 10:50:28 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
whadddup.

Couldn't wait to jump into multiplayer, played the first level of the campaign, going to finish it asap.

Anyone know how the armor unlocks, mainly mkVI and Locus? I can't seem to find anything on their unlocks, but it seems most of the other armor is by commendation.

Mark VI is unlocked by beating Campaign on legendary if I'm not mistaken. No clue how to unlock Locus. I want to say that it's preorder only, but I hope im wrong.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

How the heck did you guys finish the campaign so early? It just came out. Also, I'm hearing rumors this doesn't come with an instruction manual, is that true?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm dying to give Spartan Ops and War Games a try, but unfortunately don't think I'm going to be able to tonight.

Still, that campaign....that amazing campaign! ;D I have to say, though, maybe its just me being terrible, but some parts got really hard :P

Tons of HUGE spoilers below (and my thoughts, blah blah blah):

Spoiler
The Didact's first reveal was awe inspiring :o

The Librarian's scene was really great as well, and gave a ton of awesome backstory (I don't know how much of that was covered in Glasslands/Primordium/Thursday War, but it was great). The revelation about the Prometheans being humans destroyed by the Composer was especially awesome!

I was a bit upset that nothing was ever said about Sentinels in the time leading to this game, so when i saw them, I was very very excited. And when I learned that they were the Librarian's, well...that just made it even better! ;D

The scene with Chief, Cortana, Laskey, and Del Rio on the Infinity was awesome. I wanted to cheer for John as he told Del Rio off. I loved seeing him go against orders like that. And seeing John and Laskey reunited was really cool as well, especially at the end on the observation deck.

I was genuinely surprised when the Storm and the Prometheans started working together. I kind of wish that they went a bit more into detail about that, actually. I'm assuming that the Didact made a deal with the Storm, and since they worship Forerunner, were more than happy to comply.

I was not expecting to see a Halo ring at all, so getting a glimpse at Installation 03 was really cool.

And that ending...Cortana...Chief...everything...I wanted to cry... :'(

The after credits scene...guess Didact is still kicking. But like I said in the previous post, maybe he just lives on through the Chief as a result of the Librarian's mutation.
[close]

So yeah, I absolutely loved this game! ;D I'm already dying for Halo 5 (hopefully with Flood and the Arbiter/human allied Covenant).

Halo 4 was absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to try out the other game modes either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Nov 07, 2012, 01:17:45 AM
How the heck did you guys finish the campaign so early? It just came out. Also, I'm hearing rumors this doesn't come with an instruction manual, is that true?

Played all day, man 8)

And unfortunately yeah, no manual.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed