Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,319 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 11, 2012, 03:40:53 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:33:06 AM
Useless enemy that only serves to drive the player bonkers.
Yeah, not to progress the story in new, sometimes unexpected directions, nope.

http://chanarchive.org/content/61_tv/10391612/1277438497337.jpg

And that wasn't a good thing personally. It's no secret that it did exactly what you're saying. I've already said how I wasn't expecting them to appear in Halo 3, suddenly *BAMF* they appear. Holy shit was I pissed.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'm sure Chief was, too.

Oh, and we've got some of the greatest scenes in the franchise because of them. Like the first contact clusterf**k. And the meeting with the Gravemind through the revival of Chief and the Arbiter (who, as far as I'm concerned, were killed in Halo 2 before the Gravemind brought them back).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 11, 2012, 03:40:53 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:33:06 AM
Useless enemy that only serves to drive the player bonkers.
Yeah, not to progress the story in new, sometimes unexpected directions, nope.

http://chanarchive.org/content/61_tv/10391612/1277438497337.jpg

Not really. It really felt like, "OMFG FLOOD AAAAAYYYEEE ACTIVATE TEH RINGZ"

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Try to picture the first Halo without the Flood.

Yeah.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Nightlord

Nightlord

What if, the forerunners are too strong for the UNSC and we need the flood to beat them again?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Nightlord on Sep 11, 2012, 03:52:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YSzkh.jpg

What if, the forerunners are too strong for the UNSC and we need the flood to beat them again?

No one would be stupid enough to even want them as allies again. I remember in Halo 3 when that happened, and I can't believe I never said this before, but I f**king shit bricks. I felt so glad that I didn't have to fight the zombies anymore, and that they would fight with me this time, f**king GOD MODE.

I should have known better.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 11, 2012, 03:48:52 AM

Yeah.

http://04.images.fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/don.jpg.jpeg

Doesn't mean the Flood have to return for sequels when the story has taken its own direction.

They made the Library level even worse. It wasn't bad enough that the level itself was designed horribly but adding to simply mowing down wave after wave of Flood didn't make it any more tolerable.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 11, 2012, 03:55:50 AM

Yeah.

http://04.images.fireden.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/don.jpg.jpeg

Doesn't mean the Flood have to return for sequels when the story has taken its own direction.

They made the Library level even worse. It wasn't bad enough that the level itself was designed horribly but adding to simply mowing down wave after wave of Flood didn't make it any more tolerable.

The Flood always bring terrible level design at least ONCE in every game. It's always usually run and gun, and GET THE f**k OUT OF THERE!!!

Still, as has been said before. A game devoted to the Flood in a horror-like setting is fine by me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Exactly. Despite taking place during the war, CE was not at all about the war. It merely used the Covenant and the war as a way to get you on Halo, at which point the real plot began to unfold. And boy did it unfold...

Halo 4 is going to be the first game in the series in 11 years to go back to that type of narrative, it seems. Should make for a cool change of pace from what we've come to expect from Halo over the past 10 years.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The Flood are going to appear in Halo 4, now that I have this horrible feeling. Despite what has been said, they are going to appear, god damn it! Damn this thread for giving me this feeling!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 11, 2012, 03:59:40 AM
The Flood are going to appear in Halo 4, now that I have this horrible feeling. Despite what has been said, they are going to appear, god damn it! Damn this thread for giving me this feeling!

It has been confirmed already that we will not fight the Flood in Halo 4. So if anything, they'll just pop up at the end as a cliffhanger of sorts.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Snap out of it you crazy bastard! SNAP DA FAK OUTTA IT.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Sep 11, 2012, 04:02:45 AM
Snap out of it you crazy bastard! SNAP DA FAK OUTTA IT.

Nightlord

Nightlord

BREAKING NEWS, arby just came back from the future after finishing halo 4, his first words
Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed