Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 762,164 times)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Nightlord on Apr 20, 2012, 06:15:41 PM

Well we finally got a clear image of the new grunts.

Worst redesign of Halo 4 to me.

There is only one way to express how I feel right now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-0rqKZi9o#ws

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Umm...what? Does that thing even have a chin???

Looks like a disturbing cross between a Grunt and a Drinol:

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Holy crap, I guess wherever they are sustains all life if that thing isn't wearing a breather.

...Possibly.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Here is what I have to say.

long ago, when I have both the 360 and the original xbox Halo 3 came out and I decied to give that a go. It was then I felt I MUST get the first 2 games, and get them I did!

Halo 1, the best of the series in my opinion, for it is the one that started it all. Boarded by the foe, I fired shot my way to escape, I traveled across the mysterious new world, and I met an ven worse threat than the covenent, learning about the ring itself, and driving my way through Flood and obstacles to freedom in the end. It was an amazing adventure and ride. Then there is Halo 2. I guess I'm the only one who destoyed that huge beast of a war machine while talking with a Scottish accent.

... I'm gonna rush now because Mass Effect #1 just came through the front door but I also want to kill Elenwen the Thalmor Ambassador in Skyrim.

I really like how the story develops with the Covenent an the Seperatist, at first I wasn't proud of being the Arbitor, but when he was betrayed I was like " D: ". It got really awesome in my opinion when the arbitor and the humans team up against a common enemy. At this point is felt cool being the Arbitor (you a dead Brute now bitch!).

You know what...

To be continued...

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 20, 2012, 06:27:20 PM

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/3/3b/Drinolbig.jpg

Hang on, pretty sure I killed one of those in Quake.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 20, 2012, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 20, 2012, 06:27:20 PM

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/3/3b/Drinolbig.jpg

Hang on, pretty sure I killed one of those in Quake.

I haven't played Quake, but the Drinol is a cut Covenant species. I think they wer supposed to be in the second game.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

As long as they sound like little children again, I'll be happy.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 20, 2012, 01:26:50 AMSo guys, here's something for ya:

I'm wondering if any of you would like to contribute an individual write up on which Halo game was your favorite chapter from a campaign standpoint and why. Something that would also be cool would be to include a track from that game that particularly sums up what you love about it, what brings up those emotions that you've grown so found of, and what brings you right back to that moment when you realized you were in love... with a game.

I'll get mine out there soon.  ;)
I would have to pick Halo: Reach.

To keep things short (because I'm not really good with things like this), I like it because of its sense of finality and how you, as the player, feel like you're more part of the war this time around, not leading it from the front. Being a Spartan naturally comes with certain powers and benefits, and you're never quite just a grunt. But at the same time, both you and youre team takes casulties as the story moves along, sometimes very unexpected, as one would expect in a war. You never feel safe, death is a constant reminder. The Covenant is all around you and it gives you this feeling you're being hunted, even when you're the one on the charge.

I also love Noble Team. While the other games have Master Chief more or less on his own, this time it's more of a team effort. I really like that, having a buddy to watch your back and that you yourself need to look out for. And as you get to know these characters and they start to grow on you, it really makes you feel for them when they're brutally snatched away.

The little things are also important and there are some things in this game that just makes this feel more like a real world. Civilian vehicles you can drive, civilians you have to protect and sometimes work with, as well as a more natural wildlife. That really adds to the experience in my opinion. Making Reach a real world and having some characters deeply rooted there makes you really want to protect the place, making it even harder to accept that everything is going to hell around you.

The story is very bittersweet, especially the ending. Your comrades die, the planet falls and yet there is this victory that will change the future entirely. As Noble Six, you just don't realize it, nor do you get the time to savor any victory as you yourself is forced to make your last, impossible, stand against the Covenant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QDl2XTAPvE#

Maybe that wasn't so short after all. I hope it made some sense at least. :D

First Blood

First Blood

Reach was indeed great. The last stand at the end was an excellent moment in the game, let alone the series in my opinion.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Great write up Laufey. Probably the most ironic thing about Reach, and one of the reasons I gave up on official Halo forums, is that the game seems to be hated on the official sites, while everywhere else on the Internet it is regarded as one of the best. And I wholeheartedly agree. Reach was one of the most enjoyable and most emotional gaming experiences I've ever had, and I absolutely love it to this day.

Really enjoying reading these so far. Great idea, Sweeps!

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

New images of Cortana:

and a somewhat re-design of the Elites?

Better look at Master Chief's new armor as well:

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Honestly, I quite like it. Seems to fit the grunts, in my opinion.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Can't say I'm diggin' the new Elite design either. the Chief's armor is looking good..but unless they get their shit together in designing the enemies I may just decide to let sleeping dogs lie and settle with how Halo 3 ended.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 20, 2012, 10:25:48 PM
Reach was indeed great. The last stand at the end was an excellent moment in the game, let alone the series in my opinion.

Reach is where it's at. People can bitch about the DMR all day long but the game itself was amazing and had a grander feel to it more so than the previous Halo games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed