Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,338 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 12, 2012, 11:20:15 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Feb 12, 2012, 11:06:28 PM
I'm still just wondering how he got new armour whilst asleep on a derelict ship dozens of lightyears outside our galaxy...

Well, in Glasslands, there is a special armor upgrade that a Spartan received while in Cryo through nanotechnology.
I don't think that'd be the case in Halo 4, considering the ship he's in has been around for a long time and he would have been aware of this upgrade (and probably be the first to use it in combat)... not to mention that the pod was just like any other.

I still think he's gonna be pissed over the lack of crotch protection...

Aside from the really empty feeling of negative crotch protection and the oddly high shoulders, I really like the look of that armor from that figure link. Especially the visor and chest piece.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm thinking that the shoulders may just be that high because that's where the thrusters are kept. In the trailer we see them kind of unfold.

But I'm really liking the helmet, especially. Has a bit of an ODST look to it, while still resembling master Chief.

EDIT: A bit more info about designing Master Chief's armor. Should certainly be interesting seeing how this applies in game.
I'm thinking that the shoulders may just be that high because that's where the thrusters are kept. In the trailer we see them kind of unfold.

But I'm really liking the helmet, especially. Has a bit of an ODST look to it, while still resembling master Chief.
http://kotaku.com/5885765/heres-why-master-chiefs-going-to-look-different-in-halo-4/gallery/1

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Wow. It looks absolutely fantastic right here:

...And I see a crotch guard! Must be an updated version from the one before. Also, the shoulders aren't as bad as I thought; other picture made them seem like they were sitting right on either side of his head, but this shows them further back. I was wondering how that'd make sense, considering it'd obscure his sight a terrible amount.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, that picture looks really great. Very natural progression from his Halo 2 and 3 armor, I think. I can't wait to see it in action (and even more importantly, find out how/when he acquires it). The shoulders on the other image probably looked like they did because it was a prototype.

EDIT: Helljumper episode 2! I didn't watch it yet, but figured I would post it here for you guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMez_uh5d18#ws

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

I'm really looking forward to this game. Now, I don't know if this has been answered or not, but is this new armor speculated to be Mark VII or something else entirely?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So I finished up the episode. Really enjoying this so far. These guys are putting a lot of work into this webseries, and it shows. Its certainly not perfect, but its a great fan contribution!

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Feb 16, 2012, 09:53:02 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game. Now, I don't know if this has been answered or not, but is this new armor speculated to be Mark VII or something else entirely?

Right now, a lot of people are thinking mark VII (I'm thinking this too). But at this point, with so little information aobut the story released, its impossible to be sure.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2012, 10:07:17 PM
So I finished up the episode. Really enjoying this so far. These guys are putting a lot of work into this webseries, and it shows. Its certainly not perfect, but its a great fan contribution!

Right now, a lot of people are thinking mark VII (I'm thinking this too). But at this point, with so little information aobut the story released, its impossible to be sure.

Probably Mark VII, for some continuity with the 1st trilogy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Ghost Rider on Feb 16, 2012, 10:15:15 PM

Yeah, probably. I would love if at some point in the new trilogy he ditched this armor and used a Forerunner Combat Skin (painted green to retain Chief's classic look, of course).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 16, 2012, 09:39:53 PM
Wow. It looks absolutely fantastic right here:

...And I see a crotch guard! Must be an updated version from the one before. Also, the shoulders aren't as bad as I thought; other picture made them seem like they were sitting right on either side of his head, but this shows them further back. I was wondering how that'd make sense, considering it'd obscure his sight a terrible amount.

It looks virtually the same.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2012, 09:46:06 PM/quote]

EDIT: Helljumper episode 2! I didn't watch it yet, but figured I would post it here for you guys!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMez_uh5d18#ws

Yeah, I liked it. There are definitely some problems, as you said, but you can tell how much effort they put into this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2012, 10:22:05 PM

Yeah, probably. I would love if at some point in the new trilogy he ditched this armor and used a Forerunner Combat Skin (painted green to retain Chief's classic look, of course).

Well if he's at some other Forerunner facility
Spoiler
Possibly the Greater Ark?
[close]
then I can't see how he gets a new MJLONIR upgrade. I'm with you in that something Forerunner upgrades him.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I've been trying out Reach's Firefight mode for the first time. So good.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to equip your Spartan with a bionic arm? I'm trying to build my own Kat here. :D

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2012, 12:27:08 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 16, 2012, 10:22:05 PM

Well if he's at some other Forerunner facility
Spoiler
Possibly the Greater Ark?
[close]
then I can't see how he gets a new MJLONIR upgrade. I'm with you in that something Forerunner upgrades him.

I haven't read the Forerunner books, but the
Spoiler
Greater Ark
[close]
sounds really interesting. I'm going to go give it a quick googling :)

Quote from: Laufey on Feb 17, 2012, 06:47:56 PM
I've been trying out Reach's Firefight mode for the first time. So good. :)

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to equip your Spartan with a bionic arm? I'm trying to buld my own Kat here. :D

Yes, it is, but you need to be a high level to get it, and I think its costs a lot of credits. I'm not exactly sure of the specifics, though.

EDIT: I googled what Kicks was talking about, and it sounds pretty cool. Also, given that the planet MC is landing on in the trailer seems to have a
Spoiler
portal, it makes sense that we might see another "Greater" Ark.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well I finished Anniversary earlier today. Over all, I'm very happy with the version. It looks absolutely lovely, love some of the redone sounds (especially the Ghost weaponry) and I the soundtrack sounds as lovely as ever. Don't know about anyone else but is the lip-synching out for the new cut scenes? That'd be my only complaint, really.

Going through picking up some terminals I've missed - which rock btw. Absolutely love them. And nice to see the continuity between the terminals and Greg Bear's books. Really made me smile.

Need to do all the co-op stuff though.

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1oPB-BgMSw#ws

I wanted to put together something like this for my Spartan, but the amount of credits is pretty crazy. I never play online, so I'm restricted to campaign, Firefight and offline multiplayer. But I usually only get between 1000 or 2000 points for a Firefight game. How are you supposed to get over 400 000 credits? Is it different when you play online?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed