Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,381 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I don't think I'll be getting the 'new' Combat Evolved as I have an operational and still fun orgional version. Sure it lacks all the new stuff but I'd rather wait till the return of the Chief in his next sequel.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If you're not getting the game, you should at least check out the Terminals. Based on the six that I found so far, they tell a ton of awesome things about the Halo universe.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Youtube is a magical place.

Yautja117

Yautja117

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

If you pause this video at 1:10
http://www.spike.com/video-clips/trocjb/vga-revealed-game-of-the-year-revealed

you get this picture from the E3 trailer.

Fan's on the Waypoint forums are speculating that that could be a hint that halo 4 may show up at the VGAs.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

There would probably be more publicity around it saying that there would be a trailer at the VGAs like they did with Reach, but then again, Skyrim was a complete out-of-the blue and that's part of a hugely popular franchise.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1213881p1.html

Mostly same old, same old and 'no shit', but a little bit more clarification... and a bit of Cortana talk.

Nightlord

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Ooh, me gusta

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Picked up Glasslands today. Will get to it once I've finished Dune. From the blurb on the back, it sounds very very interesting. I've haven't really read up on it much like I did Cryptum so it should be surprising to me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Let us know how it is. I've heard mixed things about the portrayal of
Spoiler
Halsey
[close]
, but overall everything has sounded pretty good.

I'm hoping to get Cryptum and Glasslands for Christmas. Really can't wait to check them out!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Just picked up Glasslands today. Just based on the synopsis and info dropped, this is what I've wanted for so long.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 05, 2011, 07:55:54 PM
Just picked up Glasslands today. Just based on the synopsis and info dropped, this is what I've wanted for so long.

And just tihnk. It isn't just one book, it is that start of a series ;D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Ha, I'm probably going to be reading into it so closely, eagerly looking for ties to Halo 4. All the stuff about
Spoiler
Thel entering the position of a Sangheli diplomat gets me all excited.
[close]

I really want to see the Elites and other races return in Halo 4's story. It's go big or go home at this point for the story, so they've gotta put the entire Galaxy at risk again, and in a big way. They can't call it Halo 4 and simply make it a more intimate story; they can have the more intimate qualities and still keep it at scale level 'Grand', as the series (Halo 1-2/ODST-3/Reach/Wars) has so far. ODST did an amazing job at this, being the first one without the matters being on an interstellar level, but it all still felt important because you were a soldier looking for your [particularly well-characterized] squad who had been sent on an important skirmish, not a godsent superhero attempting to stop the galaxy's greatest forces like Master Chief is.

Master Chief and Cortana's adventures need to stay grand and interstellar with plenty of supporting characters; if 343 wants to amp up the personal drama therein, all the more power to them, that'd be great-- they just have to make sure not to lose what made the previous three games featuring Master Chief and the Arbiter so special... they have to make Halo 3 not look like a stopping point, as I was so pleased with. Because as it is, it looks like this is the start of a new trilogy, not the continuation of a saga as the '4' should mean.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

I've been in a Halo mood, think im gonna pop in Reach or 3 tonight!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hey, does anyone need any more of the telephone things from ODST? I need a few more (less than 10, I believe), and was wondering if anyone wants to go hunting for the remaining ones some time.

Also, Hicks, we need to finish up our Wars co-op some time! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed