Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 760,390 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 06, 2011, 09:03:26 PM
No idea what to think of the CE remake. I'll have to check out more of the footage when I get home, but I really like the original chunky graphics. More so than anything that came after, and more than what I'm seeing now.
You can change the graphics anytime you want in this anniversary edition.  :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 06, 2011, 09:01:35 PM
By tap your dead do you mean when you ran over some one in say a warthog they would just fall over?
If so then yeah that is still in, nothing was changed about the Halo CE campaign apart from the visuals.
No, I mean like you can bump into them the slightest bit and they would die instantly like they were just hit at 90 mpH. Made for some very frustrating betrayals.

[EDIT]
HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg#ws

Just look at how disgusting that '4' is...

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 06, 2011, 09:11:50 PM
By tap your dead do you mean when you ran over some one in say a warthog they would just fall over?
If so then yeah that is still in, nothing was changed about the Halo CE campaign apart from the visuals.
No, I mean like you can bump into them the slightest bit and they would die instantly like they were just hit at 90 mpH. Made for some very frustrating betrayals.
It's still in I think, 343 keep saying they haven't changed any of the gameplay mechanics.
And I know how you feel, trying to get marines into your warthog can be very tense sometimes especially when they would do that grenade dodge right into the front of it and then die.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 06, 2011, 09:26:29 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 06, 2011, 09:11:50 PM
It's still in I think, 343 keep saying they haven't changed any of the gameplay mechanics.
And I know how you feel, trying to get marines into your warthog can be very tense sometimes especially when they would do that grenade dodge right into the front of it and then die.
Yeah, that EXACT feeling is mutual!  :laugh:

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I have a feeling that Halo: Anniversary will be like like ODST, it has the maps from CE along with the DLC from Reach and new maps added along with it. I hope it won't feel like a waste of $60 like ODST was.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jun 06, 2011, 09:37:34 PM
I have a feeling that Halo: Anniversary will be like like ODST, it has the maps from CE along with the DLC from Reach and new maps added along with it. I hope it won't feel like a waste of $60 like ODST was.
It was only a waste of $60 if you didn't bother to look into what you were buying. All the content specs were there and available. The main draw of this will certainly be the campaign, and I'm fully betting they'll have a multiplayer online mode with the Halo 1 engine and mechanics. Otherwise, people will be cheated. Completely.

Aeus

Aeus

If there is... all my money

If there isn't... all my money, but also my sadness

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

CE remake? Pass. I'll save myself $50 and just pick up the original. 2nd while I'm at it, too.

Halo 4. *sigh* It was inevitable. I was really hoping they wouldn't, but it was inevitable. Jury's still out on that one, but from what little I've seen, not lookin' too good. I wish they hadn't done anything else with Chief. His story is told and done with. There's so many other things they could make a game about. Hell, how 'bout another story with the ODST squad? I'd like that.

As to what may be in that game, I'm personally thinking Precursors.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 06, 2011, 10:12:06 PM
CE remake? Pass. I'll save myself $50 and just pick up the original. 2nd while I'm at it, too.

You get the original with the remake. Click a button and you're playing the original.

I wish they hadn't done anything else with Chief. His story is told and done with.

Eh, Halo 1-3 was hardly his story. The only thing in the Haloverse that has been his is Nylunds' Reach.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 06, 2011, 10:16:30 PM

You get the original with the remake. Click a button and you're playing the original.

But do I save $50?

Basher917

Basher917

just to put this out there, they need to put the 1st games multiplayer on arcade or something, i loved that game and i wish i could play it online

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That, and GoldenEye. I would f**king love that.

Aeus

Aeus

I thought Goldeneye was already getting that...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

There were plans, but they were scrapped.

f**king Nintendo / Microsoft politics. >:(

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 06, 2011, 10:21:07 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Jun 06, 2011, 10:16:30 PM

But do I save $50?
They've said it won't be a full price game.
Therefore I doubt it'll be like ODST with all the DLC and such.
Also the guy mentioned there's a firefight map that comes with this.
I hope it's flood firefight!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed