Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 762,994 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Hey I'll play MLG settings Halo 3 til the end of time. Shit was so good.

Nightlord

Nightlord

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307131/halo-5-for-xbox-720/?site=cvg

Halo 2 remake might happen and the new Halo trilogy might not all be on 360.

Alot of details about Halo:Anniversary in here, http://halo.bungie.org/misc/foconnor_haloanniversary_qa.html

I have to admit I hate that they're rerecording all the music and making the synthy music (I love A walk in the Woods) less synthy just pisses me off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Didn't realize 720 was the official name for the new 'box. It's meh if you ask me.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm pretty sure 720 is just placeholder.

I prefer 361. More than a complete circle :P

The more I tihnk about Halo 4, the more excited I get. I'm opening up to it a bit. As long as the new armor is explained, and the explanation makes sense... They did, after all, confirm the video was CGI.

EDIT: Guys, if you have an iPod touch or iPhone, you should download the Bungie app. You get some stuff in Reach.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 14, 2011, 05:15:45 AM
ai have seen yah fyootah

aund ai have luhned

I lol'd. :D

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 14, 2011, 07:05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure 720 is just placeholder.

I prefer 361. More than a complete circle :P

The more I tihnk about Halo 4, the more excited I get. I'm opening up to it a bit. As long as the new armor is explained, and the explanation makes sense... They did, after all, confirm the video was CGI.

EDIT: Guys, if you have an iPod touch or iPhone, you should download the Bungie app. You get some stuff in Reach.
A star name-plate, a Bungie name-plate, and blue flames to be specific.
Of course you can get blue flames starting on the 23rd.
I want a steak, I really do.
Who wants to hold Galaxy practice sessions for Bungie Day?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 14, 2011, 07:00:33 PM
Didn't realize 720 was the official name for the new 'box. It's meh if you ask me.
What? Dude, why do you always take things you hear so officially?  :laugh:

Quote from: Nightlord on Jun 14, 2011, 03:06:48 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/307131/halo-5-for-xbox-720/?site=cvg

Halo 2 remake might happen and the new Halo trilogy might not all be on 360.
I thought what he was trying to say is that it likely won't happen.

Anyways, I'm pissed that they're just taking the existing engine and not creating anything new for it-- it restrains any graphical evolution, and I doubt they'll bother to add anything interesting to the physics.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just brought a few Halo promotional clothing items:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390320087687&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170650644407&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'd fear this to be a start of a Halo clothing obsession but most of the licensed stuff sucks.

Anywho, Fitz! I still need help doing the achievements for those ODST firefight levels.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'd rather they not follow Chief again. Sweeps and I came up with a great premise for a Halo game yesterday, and I'd much rather see that than more of the Chief.

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jun 14, 2011, 08:43:01 PM
Who wants to hold Galaxy practice sessions for Bungie Day?

Outta town on the 7th.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 14, 2011, 10:20:16 PM

I'd rather they not follow Chief again. Sweeps and I came up with a great premise for a Halo game yesterday, and I'd much rather see that than more of the Chief.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jun 14, 2011, 10:20:16 PM

No they should definitely continue with Chief. It'd be incredibly stupid not to. Think about it...

He's a gaming icon.

If you include the books he's their best character.

His chemistry with Cortana is better than anything else in the entire franchise put together.

The things he's physically capable of lend themselves to insanely good video game set pieces.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 14, 2011, 10:51:19 PM
If you include the books he's their best character.

Which I (and most other people) haven't.

He's not really a character. He's just a blank slate for the gamer to project him or herself onto.

Aeus

Aeus

He hasn't been that since CE. And he has plenty of personality flair in that.

They should concentrate on building him as a character rather than masturbating their writing egos making new ones that are almost always underwhelming and forgettable.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Haven't played 2 recently enough to comment, but in 3 all of the emotional heavylifting was done by other characters. From a narrative viewpoint, he was integral, but from a character standpoint, he was just kinda... there.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 15, 2011, 03:03:50 AM
He hasn't been that since CE. And he has plenty of personality flair in that.

They should concentrate on building him as a character rather than masturbating their writing egos making new ones that are almost always underwhelming and forgettable.
You've gotta be the first person I've talked to that didn't like ODST's characters.

Personally, I've never seen Chief as a blank slate, but that's probably because I read The Fall of Reach early in my "fandom". Like, before I got to Halo 2. I actually found that his personality increased as the series went on, Halo 3 doing it best.

[Edit]

Current cover art:

If this is what it will be shipped in, I'm happy. I like it quite a bit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed