The blue liquid

Started by SlappyMCnasty, Nov 07, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Author
The blue liquid (Read 52,392 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Bishop offers no absolute timeframe as to when the acid neutralises, so you'll have to go back to the usual Anderson-bashing routine, sorry.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 14, 2007, 02:40:53 PM
Bishop offers no absolute timeframe as to when the acid neutralises, so you'll have to go back to the usual Anderson-bashing routine, sorry.

he said upon the creatures death the blood oxidizes, neutralizing it.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Foundationman2 on Nov 14, 2007, 02:33:35 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 14, 2007, 08:46:29 AM
I was right:

"The molecular acid oxidises after the creature's death, completely neutralising it."
Another mistake by Anderson and Co. In AVP, Scar demonstrates that their acid can't burn themselves, but it can burn the floor. The alien was dead, and so was the facehugger that scar used to mark himself. Careless.

yeah its kind of contradictory, but its in the comics and that's where Paul Anderson got it from. Just forgot to check if it contradicted shit he/or shane salerno made up. 
The reason why their blood can't burn themselves though, has nothing to do with their death or oxidizing etc., their exoskeleton/internal structure has to be resilient enough and made of tissue that their blood does not react to or else it would burn through their veins. And oh yes it is hot when inside their bodies.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 06:40:07 PM

No kiddin'?!

What is it about his wording that makes you think it's instantaneous?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 14, 2007, 01:35:08 PM
Jimmy paid more attention to the previous film than any of the sequels have bothered to.

Definitely. They even reconstructed the entirety of the shuttle without the assistance of blueprints. Not many people notice, but even the harpoon gun is by the airlock. :)

And yeah, there's no reference of time for the acid stuff. It's probably 'soon' after, but has to rely on whatever internal body chemistry is causing it to cycle down, first.

Xhan

Xhan

the nostromo facehugger was dead for a good while and still bled for effect.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 14, 2007, 10:12:24 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 14, 2007, 06:40:07 PM

No kiddin'?!

What is it about his wording that makes you think it's instantaneous?

ok, calm down. But it should be a few moments after death, but i guess you would have the last remnants of acid already in the veins spill out before being neutralized. Mainly from the wound/incision.etc.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 15, 2007, 12:03:15 AM
the nostromo facehugger was dead for a good while and still bled for effect.

It wasn't dead when they cut the leg while it was still on kane's face. So I don't know what your referring to.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 15, 2007, 12:24:10 AM
ok, calm down. But it should be a few moments after death, but i guess you would have the last remnants of acid already in the veins spill out before being neutralized. Mainly from the wound/incision.etc.
I'm quite calm, thanks.

A few moments makes little sense, and is not backed up by the films anyway.  A few minutes I could buy though.  The same few minutes it took for the tiny drip to stop eating through the decks of the Nostromo...and even then, it seems to stop mostly due to dispersal rather than neutralisation.

gases

gases

whats so crazy about this? I can add shit to acid and watch it do some gay things (neutralise). Im sure there is some substance out there that can neutralise and deconstruct acid somehow, maybe turn it into oxygen and hydroxide ions? doesn't seem all that farfetched to me, condering the alien acid may catalyse reaction and by how advanced the race is. I wouldn't be suprised if they constructed a small black hole to remove their waste. There super advanced civilisation remember?

Xhan

Xhan

So advanced they get killed by trees, and get punked by overworked overwieght cops on their way to retirement.

dDave

dDave

I think of the unknown publicum... those who going in AVP2 to watch something cool, but they are no fans of it directly...
during the film, they must see a lot of different weapons wolf is using to kill aliens... and then he uses his blue-liquid thing... i mean they must think, whaat! whats this... why it completely melt aliens and why then, he uses it not as primary weapon...
i mean the brothers said that it is to clean up, but how could the none-fan people know of that?!
they will be very confused... i think

JMR

JMR

i don't know why everybody is going crazy over this... It's an alien liquid, so it can be made up of anything of the imagination. You can say this doesn't apply to science, but only doesn't apply to science of this world. Not another. Can you really say that all the elements in the universe exist on Earth? Of course not. In Predator 2, the spear was made up of elements not of this world. So, in theory, the liquid could be made up of something so different and advanced, it could make aliens dissolve into water or whatever.... That's why Science fiction is so great. Everything can be explained by it being alien.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 15, 2007, 08:01:47 AM
So advanced they get killed by trees, and get punked by overworked overwieght cops on their way to retirement.
Hey, you can be advanced as shit, but there's still room for making stupid mistakes like understimating your prey and being too confident of the outcome...which both were.

Wolfs Girl

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: JMR on Nov 15, 2007, 09:39:06 AM
i don't know why everybody is going crazy over this... It's an alien liquid, so it can be made up of anything of the imagination. You can say this doesn't apply to science, but only doesn't apply to science of this world. Not another. Can you really say that all the elements in the universe exist on Earth? Of course not. In Predator 2, the spear was made up of elements not of this world. So, in theory, the liquid could be made up of something so different and advanced, it could make aliens dissolve into water or whatever.... That's why Science fiction is so great. Everything can be explained by it being alien.
Exactly.For exapmle, all the elements on the periodic table are only of what we know of that exists on our planet and what we know of, yet its a huge universe out there, room for any possibilities (It's that big), there are so many substances that we don't even know of, so you can say that anything is possible.
Remember when they took one of those flying dart thing to the pathologist, she said its like nothing on the periodic table, so the blue liquid could have properties we don't have a clue about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed