What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 160,114 times)

delsaber8

delsaber8

I got into the series through AVP.

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

For me it started about 6 years ago watching Predator on late night ITV2 here in the UK. It was so engrossing I ended up watching it two further nights in a row as they kept on re-running it.

Sometime after that I watched Alien for the first time on channel 4 and back then it scared me almost as much as the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

After some web research I found I discovered the AVP franchise and the fanboyism began...

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

The love of science fiction fused with cranium tingling action made me a Predator fan back in the day, but the scar/lex pairing got me hooked to the AVP world! 

Geronimo

Geronimo

I saw Alien, then I saw Predator months later, loved them both.

robbritton

robbritton

The ITV premiere of Aliens, back in 1990. Scared me half to death but I couldn't stop thinking about it. Serendipitously Trident comics started their Dark Horse run soon after. I saw the first issue on sale in a newsagent and that was it. Hooked!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

The story of Machiko living and hunting with the Predators pulled me into the comics/Omnibus portion of AVP.  I am always interested in a good female hero/anti-hero (Ripley from Aliens, Alice in RE) story. 

abstruse

abstruse

One thing that I noticed about the movie Predators, is if they're supposed to be so much bigger than the normal predators, than why are the two actors in the berserker/classic fight both the same size. With as much fuss that everybody seems to make about continuity and realism, this faux pas seems pretty retarded. Oh well, most scifi fans are just people whom others consider to be nothing but geeky jokes. That's why they form their own society; no one else will tolerate them. Get out and read a nonfiction book or volunteer, or something. You and all these forums are a ludicrous joke. People need to get out of their fantasy miasma and into reality.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Shit your right! I've wasted my life! The world is such a big and beautiful place and I've never noticed! Maybe I go and meet girls. Perhaps I'll cure cancer. Thank you SO much for helping me see the light! Can you help me spread the message? What do I have to do? Is it as simple as looking up geeky sites, spending hours reading all the threads and laughing at all the people living in the fantasy world then registering an account so I can tell them that their wasting their time? Do I do this across all forums? Surely theres a quicker way, so I'm not wasting my time in reality....

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: abstruse on Nov 12, 2010, 11:39:49 PM
One thing that I noticed about the movie Predators, is if they're supposed to be so much bigger than the normal predators, than why are the two actors in the berserker/classic fight both the same size. With as much fuss that everybody seems to make about continuity and realism, this faux pas seems pretty retarded. Oh well, most scifi fans are just people whom others consider to be nothing but geeky jokes. That's why they form their own society; no one else will tolerate them. Get out and read a nonfiction book or volunteer, or something. You and all these forums are a ludicrous joke. People need to get out of their fantasy miasma and into reality.

First Blood

First Blood

The pot calling the kettle black.

Geronimo

Geronimo

Ha, you make me laugh. I was a Sergeant in the Army Cadets with command of my own squad, I was nearly crushed by a tree and stalked by a bear. I've been White Water Rafting down the Ottawa River. I've was in a canoe for 9 staright hours once. I've been on the Rugby team. I had my birthday celebrated on the same night as the gradaution party! I've played guitar infront of a huge audience and have had my poetry admired by many! When you can top that let me know.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Za na na naaaaaaaaaaaa

It's papa troll for you AvPG.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

And that made you a fan? You're a person of contradiction, my friend :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Trolls and logic are like AvPR and awesome.
They can't mix.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMDRq2PpjkQ#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed