What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 160,037 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

What made me a fan? Alien 3 in early 1993. The creature was extremely terrifying, more than any other due to the lack of eyes and being seen only briefly, and either in the mist or in low light. I found the creature to be extremely well designed but at the same time very repulsive - the shining dome reminded me of some big bug's back, and its squealing sounds added to the terror. And overall, the movie was filled with dread, with rescue coming way too slow, and being stranded in an old, basement like, dirty facility with this thing running around

Mus

Mus

Which one?

Edit: Oh, the reply I was replying to seems to have vanished.

Predecai

Predecai

Predators made me a fan. Falconer was the source... someone told me if I luv badass hunters with birds, I must see the movie... I really liked it. Then I watched predator 1 and 2, and hooooly, I loved them! I am in love with da franchise since that summer day I watched predators.. though funny, I like the originals much more now.. hehe. But the whole trilogy is awesome. I have known alien saga much earlier, liked it, but I wasn't a fan. But now, I have to watch the avp movies so I have watched every movies of both franchises!

predxeno

predxeno

I saw the original 1999 AVP game by Rebellion at a Costco store when I was like 6 or 7 and really admired the Alien's design, but was too afraid of horror movies at the time.  My interest in them grew as I found a VHS copy of Alien in the same store on the same day, my mom even told me what happend in the first movie, but that still didn't dispel my fear of horror movies obviously cause I was 6 or 7.  Eventually, I dropped my interest in the franchise until I was in 8th grade and I saw a picture of the Alien Legacy DVD set on a coupon book or catalog that my mom had while we were at Burger King and my interest in the AVP franchise was renewed to this day. :)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not? My oldest memory of the series when I was four or five when I was at my Aunt's house and the last part of Aliens was playing. I also remember watching both Predator movies as a kid as well and thought they where pretty cool. As a kid I was never a fan back in the early and mid 90's (I was more a JP and Godzilla kid at the time) and I think it was around 2001 or 2002 when I got the chance to play AVP on my PC. I knew about the series for ages and I give the game a shot. I really enjoy it and I remember renting the Alien PS1 games as well.

Then I remember going to blockbuster to rent Alien 1-3 and enjoy them, and I found my old A:R vhs copy as well. I give that a chance as well and enjoy that too. I don't think it was until 2003 when I became a fan of the series when was 12 where my friend at summer school told everything about the movies and comic books. I also forgot how much I loved the Predator movies where at the time and I later rent AVPE on the PS2 sometime in Early 2004. I enjoy it and I still remember seeing AVP when it came out on my field trip at my Summer School back in 2004. I enjoy AVP until I re-watch the movie again in 2007, and was totaly bored by it. Then in 2006 when I hear that they where making a AVP2, I re-discover the series once again and became a bigger AVP geek then I was before.

The rest is history :).

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Jan 12, 2011, 05:29:03 AM
I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not? My oldest memory of the series when I was four or five when I was at my Aunt's house and the last part of Aliens was playing. I also remember watching both Predator movies as a kid as well and thought they where pretty cool. As a kid I was never a fan back in the early and mid 90's (I was more a JP and Godzilla kid at the time) and I think it was around 2001 or 2002 when I got the chance to play AVP on my PC. I knew about the series for ages and I give the game a shot. I really enjoy it and I remember renting the Alien PS1 games as well.

Then I remember going to blockbuster to rent Alien 1-3 and enjoy them, and I found my old A:R vhs copy as well. I give that a chance as well and enjoy that too. I don't think it was until 2003 when I became a fan of the series when was 12 where my friend at summer school told everything about the movies and comic books. I also forgot how much I loved the Predator movies where at the time and I later rent AVPE on the PS2 sometime in Early 2004. I enjoy it and I still remember seeing AVP when it came out on my field trip at my Summer School back in 2004. I enjoy AVP until I re-watch the movie again in 2007, and was totaly bored by it. Then in 2006 when I hear that they where making a AVP2, I re-discover the series once again and became a bigger AVP geek then I was before.

The rest is history :).
Your upbringing in a/p sounds similar to mine except I saw the end of Predator 2 and started out with the pred movies

predxeno

predxeno

Same here; I was also into Jurassic Park, dinosaurs, and Godzilla.  I think the majority of all AVP fans were once into dinosaurs; Aliens are so very similar to them.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 12, 2011, 05:38:55 AM
Same here; I was also into Jurassic Park, dinosaurs, and Godzilla.  I think the majority of all AVP fans were once into dinosaurs; Aliens are so very similar to them.
So AvP fans and not just alien fans?

How does the predator remind you of a dinosaur or Godzilla?

Just asking.

predxeno

predxeno

No, I was just saying that dinosaurs and Aliens are somewhat similar and that may be a factor.  It's just a trend; I've read a few instances where members posted that they were once into dinosaurs.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

But a lot of people are into Dinosaurs, I however don't see an alien as such a thing however there are maybe one or two similarity's to a dino i guess. They do look prehistoric a little bit.

PS: however when I look at it, i get the idea of a snake mixed with a man. I really don't know why.

Stagin 26

Stagin 26

Predator 2 got me hooked.

Currythecat

Currythecat

What made me a fan was when i watche alien resurrection...
Not the best movie but i kinda liked it.so i watched alien 1 and it was after that i was stuck "_"

SK100

SK100

Slash had gotten me and some of our friends to get the AvP game, and the rest explains itself.

DoomRulz

lozzy.94

lozzy.94

seeing predators at the cinema made me a fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed