What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 158,997 times)

Kinyo

Kinyo

When I was about about 11, I was at the Naval Exchange with my mom because she wanted to buy a movie. I noticed this really cool statue of a thing with 4 fangs and another thing with a spinal-cord looking tail, lashing out at eachother. Above their heads it said AVP, and I asked my mom, "What is AVP?". She answered with a grin, and said, "AVP is a movie about different types of things in a war against eachother." She of-course at first said it in a more complicated way, but I asked her to dumben it out for me. So that day we bought the movie AVP, after 30 minutes of me begging. Once we finally got home, we watched the movie. As soon as I saw the scene where the 'Celtic Predator' fought 'The Nethead' Alien, I knew I was going to love this movie for the rest of my life. After I saw the movie, I read more into it and found out numerous games had been made!(Aliens vs Predator Extinction, Aliens vs Predator PC, etc.)So I saved up weeks and weeks of allowance and bought a PS2, and the video game Aliens vs. Predator Extinction. I played it for a couple weeks and got bored of it. Within the range of 2 years I was an AVP expert with all of the AVP games, and I knew everything!! So that, is how I became a fan of AVP. 

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I am not big supporter of avp movie, but listening to your story, I am grateful it made you a fan and brought you to this site :) Welcome to the galaxy.

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

I was around 10 or so when my Dad told me about it although I can't remember why he did.Watched the first one and instantly took a liking to it and so I bought Predator 2 which I enjoyed just as much as the first.Then Aliens vs Predator came out and after I saw that I decided I might as well watch all the Alien films as well.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Kinyo on Oct 01, 2010, 04:19:15 AM
When I was about about 11, I was at the Naval Exchange with my mom because she wanted to buy a movie. I noticed this really cool statue of a thing with 4 fangs and another thing with a spinal-cord looking tail, lashing out at eachother. Above their heads it said AVP, and I asked my mom, "What is AVP?". She answered with a grin, and said, "AVP is a movie about different types of things in a war against eachother." She of-course at first said it in a more complicated way, but I asked her to dumben it out for me. So that day we bought the movie AVP, after 30 minutes of me begging. Once we finally got home, we watched the movie. As soon as I saw the scene where the 'Celtic Predator' fought 'The Nethead' Alien, I knew I was going to love this movie for the rest of my life. After I saw the movie, I read more into it and found out numerous games had been made!(Aliens vs Predator Extinction, Aliens vs Predator PC, etc.)So I saved up weeks and weeks of allowance and bought a PS2, and the video game Aliens vs. Predator Extinction. I played it for a couple weeks and got bored of it. Within the range of 2 years I was an AVP expert with all of the AVP games, and I knew everything!! So that, is how I became a fan of AVP.

So AvP got you into the franchises. Do you still like it as much?

RDdaNINJA

RDdaNINJA

I snuck in the living room as my Dad was watching these movies and have been a fan ever since  ::)

Daken

Daken

I saw these movies when I was a kid. Then Years later I re-discoverd them. Its a little bit on the nostalgic side. I'm a huge horror fan.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: RDdaNINJA on Oct 03, 2010, 03:57:01 AM
I snuck in the living room as my Dad was watching these movies and have been a fan ever since  ::)

Is that all you snuck into the living room to see him watch? ;)

Evil Strawberry

Evil Strawberry

I have always loved AVP since i was little, growing up with it and all my mates watching it and having models and i will forever to this day wish i was a runner!!!!!!

Urban Hunter

Urban Hunter

man when i was 10, I can NEVER NEVER forget when the predator whispered ( anytime .. ) to dillion. and when he first came out of the water looking at cloacked arnie.

iam 26 today and still a fan of predator, always will be.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I think i was about 5 when I first watched predator. My dad and my brother suggested I watch it. It completely blew me away. I've watching, drawing, collecting anything predator since.

Glaive10

Glaive10

I remember watching Predator when I was younger and just loved the whole mystery, tech and just the whole look of it, been collecting what I can since. Any new Predator film is such a buzz just see where they can take it next

predator98

predator98

What made me a fan was when the three predators in avp where killing the aliens tats wat made me a fan

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Quote from: predator98 on Oct 29, 2010, 09:19:42 AM
What made me a fan was when the three predators in avp where killing the aliens tats wat made me a fan

What movie were you watching?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Flashback scene.
Those Predators kill, or at least, push back.. 4 aliens I believe, before getting covered.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

It looked to me that the Pred with the Spear got knocked over by the first Alien, a bunch of the Aliens were shot though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed