What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 158,995 times)

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: wolfpredator416 on Jul 03, 2009, 12:35:32 PM
AvP was the first movie i saw out of the Alien and Predator franchise and i was hooked after that, i watched all the alien movies after that and then both the predator ones and and then i remember being really excited about going to see AvPR haha ;D

hmm, interesting. So from that perspective, how did you like avpR? Im asking cause it was such a different movie in every possible way. AVPR seemed like a big CGI blockbuster while avpR seems like a low budget canadian slasher

Chris P

Chris P

I saw ALIENS, and that was that. I was hooked.  ;)  It was the only one I saw out of sequence.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on Jul 08, 2009, 01:33:17 AM
AvP was the first movie i saw out of the Alien and Predator franchise and i was hooked after that, i watched all the alien movies after that and then both the predator ones and and then i remember being really excited about going to see AvPR haha ;D

hmm, interesting. So from that perspective, how did you like avpR? Im asking cause it was such a different movie in every possible way. AVPR seemed like a big CGI blockbuster while avpR seems like a low budget canadian slasher

It wasn't Canadian...

It was filmed in BC, but it's not a Canadian film.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: Chris P on Jul 09, 2009, 12:29:37 AM
I saw ALIENS, and that was that. I was hooked.  ;)  It was the only one I saw out of sequence.

same after i saw aliens i was hooked and i always loved the first predator

predator24

predator24

;D good question what made me a fan was one day i was board and i was flippin through channels and i saw the predator unmasked and i was like whoa thats one ugly mofo and bought it on dvd and ive been a fan since than

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2009, 12:00:45 AM

It wasn't Canadian...

Wasn't there a clause in the contract though, that in order to film it there they had to hire a certain percentage of Canadians for behind-the-scenes type jobs? Like effects, lighting, make-up etc? Not that that would make it a Canadian film of course, but it would have given it a certain amount of Canadian input.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It's only a Canadian film if it's 100% as such, meaning it's written, directed, and produced by Canadians and stars Canadian actors.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 10, 2009, 12:00:45 AM

It wasn't Canadian...

I know, I was just being sarcastic.

gigerfan241

gigerfan241

the over all design of the alien in the first movie sparked my intrest

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

My Dad seen the movie Predator on cable years ago. He got a kick out of it and later rented the movie for me to see on VHS. I was hooked after that and have been ever since. I have such a cool Dad. Thanks Dad! 8)

Headhunter

Headhunter

the marines with all their firepower got me into the movies, that and the first AVP movie ;D

Chopper predator

Chopper predator

I was 9 years old,it was the year 2004 and at my friend's house. He was playing avp1 the pc game as the predator. He seemed to fall from a canyon (i thought he dropped from space) and i figured he was some kind of creature from space(which he obviously was) and when he just ran around like crazy killing humans, i started to find this whole alien with blades on his wrist that can go invisible fascinating,AND EXITING! he then started at level one to show me the invisibility thing better. But what was really interesting was the wrist computer and the funny alien noises it made, he further showed me the spear and the glowing green blood and the way predators heal. He then later showed me pics of aliens and preds, i couldn't look closely enough for long so i kind of had both alien and predator images in one inside my head and ended up drawing a predalien at school without knowing what i was doing! i also tryed building a predator out of bionicles. And at a dvd store i told my dad im a fan of predator, he then said "well then lets rent this one".
it was predator 2 and i loved it. And i watched aliens at some point and liked it alot too.

Chopper predator

Chopper predator

Its interesting when you think about it...

Most fans here have dads that showed them either aliens or predators.
Most fans have watched it at a young age.
Most fans drew pictures of it.
Most fans had played with the toys.
And thought it was amazing when they watched the movie/s.
ALLOT of similarities in how we became fans indeed.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

There are only so many ways :P

The Demon

The Demon

I was a fan the first time I saw Predator. Then when I heard there was a second one I went nuts. I loved the Alien movies of course. What really thrusted my interest was when my dad bought me the first AvP pc game. I was on cloud 9 with that game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed