What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,005 times)

pjdoodle

pjdoodle

Aliens A:R-Fan stole what I was gonna say!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AliensA:R-Fan on Apr 26, 2009, 02:53:27 AM
Also this question may sound incredibly dumb but why did they release toys for Aliens and A:R if they're both rated R? I mean with Aliens I can understand because the PG-13 rating was just becoming noticeable and people, with the except of the PG-13 rated films, still saw there being three ratings, 'G', 'PG', and 'R'. A:R is the main thing I'm curious about. I could ramble for hours with nothing but these type questions but I get bland and annoying after awhile.

Aliens as a creature appeal to children because they're vicious and violent. That's always marketable to kids, especially young boys.

AliensA:R-Fan

AliensA:R-Fan

Okay. Makes since to me now. I was the same way. I saw the Planet of the Apes remake when I was six and fell in love with it so that about the aliens makes sense to me.

Nachtfalke

Nachtfalke

The creatures, let's start with them. They have such originality and both are still unique concepts. They look great, are both freightening in different ways and were well thought out and designed by geniuses of the industry.
The movies are of course not held up by the creatures alone. Arnold was the reason I watched the action sci-fi classic 'Predator' initially as I am a big Arnold fan and though I am more of a Predator fan than an Alien fan, I also loved Ridely's 'Alien' and Cameron's 'Aliens', which I only saw because of Cameron's 'Terminator', which also featured Arnold.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Alien 3. Ive seen it when it just gor released on VHS and thought its cool as hell. From then I watched the other two movies and then years later went to see Resurrection in theaters.

As for Predator, i saw it one day on VHS when I was like 11 and home alone for the night. I thought its just the regular Arnold Commando type of a movie. I was scared shitless watching it very late at night and loved the mystery of not seeing the creature till the veeery end and the tension. Great stuff

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

The thing that got me into it was when i was 10 and i watched alien 2 at a mates house and whas like! AAAAAAH! it was so scary at the time....
then the next day i went shoping with my parents at asda and they had the toys on sale, my mum got me the drone that explodes when you press a button on his back, the next week i went back and got the gurilla alien that squrtid water out his mouth.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: GrimyGhost on May 15, 2009, 02:39:25 PM
The thing that got me into it was when i was 10 and i watched alien 2 at a mates house and whas like! AAAAAAH! it was so scary at the time....
then the next day i went shoping with my parents at asda and they had the toys on sale, my mum got me the drone that explodes when you press a button on his back, the next week i went back and got the gurilla alien that squrtid water out his mouth.

Awesome. I still have the gorilla one too, the bull alien, the flying queen, and the boar.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

damn, mine got tossed in the bin, girlfreind doesn't like em watching her sleep, lol.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

did you ever have the king Alien? it was a bright green one with wings, i had it..... i also had a pred that was a see-thru red color with a scopion imprint on its chest.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: GrimyGhost on May 15, 2009, 05:11:27 PM
damn, mine got tossed in the bin, girlfreind doesn't like em watching her sleep, lol.

o.o seriously?

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

sad but true man, got one left and its a 12inch drone on a platform with 2 rubber fachuggers, cost like £35 so no way was that going in the bin.. 8)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

WTF dude, just put them somewhere else. Hell, pack them away if you have to.

dachande89

dachande89

Quote from: GrimyGhost on May 15, 2009, 05:11:27 PM

Shit man, that blows.

JamesCameronOnline

JamesCameronOnline

Quote from: GrimyGhost on May 15, 2009, 10:39:36 PM
sad but true man, got one left and its a 12inch drone on a platform with 2 rubber fachuggers, cost like £35 so no way was that going in the bin.. 8)

Yeah, its amazing what Kenner came up with at the time! Scorpion Alien etc  :D

Here are pics of all of them - http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AliensMerch.htm

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: JamesCameronOnline on May 16, 2009, 05:20:22 AM
Yeah, its amazing what Kenner came up with at the time! Scorpion Alien etc  :D

Here are pics of all of them - http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AliensMerch.htm

Oh wow, look at em...Rhino Alien :D :D :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed