What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,000 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

True. Why were you after it anyway?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The first time watching Predator + imagination + drive + being young = FUN!

xenojelly357

xenojelly357

I bought the alien trilogy vhs set at a garage sale and watched the first one with my dad when I was ten. I knew I was hooked!

ImperialElite

ImperialElite

When the Alien Qua-trilogy aired on T.V. while I was about 10 at the time (was prob in 2004) and after seeing many times, the unique look of the alien design - I had become very fascinated with it. My first film that I saw with a Predator involved was AVP. Right after seeing it I knew I wanted to add it to my DVD collection, and when going back to watching for the first time the original Predator, I bought the Predator 2 movie with only seeing the trailer because I knew I'd heavily enjoy it which I did from start to finish!
I enjoy all the action scenes in the original Predator, Aliens, Predator 2 etc as well as the final showdown in AVP R between the hybrid Alien and Wolf Predator (though seemed better than the AVP one).

Definitely one of the best fan series!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I remember seeing bits of Alien 3 (mostly the bait-and-chase at the end) way back when I was a kid. Seriously, I was way too young to be watching that, what were my parents thinking... But my memories of it were patchy, I didn't really even realise until I saw the film again much later. The first film from the franchise I remember taking note of was Predator. Again, I was only young, but I've always been an Arnie fan, so obviously I loved it.

I caught Alien Resurrection at some point when I was still young, I remember me and a bunch of my pre-teenage mates watching a copy I'd recorded from the TV late at night and laughing at all the ridiculous blood and guts. I can't remember if that was before or after I saw Alien 3 again (old enough to remember it this time). Much later I finally saw Alien and Aliens when I bought all four films on VHS.

AVP I saw in the cinema and basically hated it. I didn't get to see Predator 2 for years as it's never on TV in the UK, but I finally watched it when I borrowed the DVD from a friend while I was at university. AVP:R I saw at a friend's house, also at uni, and loathed with a passion. Predators I caught on DVD, and Prometheus I saw in the cinema.

I guess it was Predator and Alien 3 that kicked of my love for the series. Probably why Alien 3 remains one of my favourite entries to this day (I prefer the Assembly Cut now though).

Randomizer

Randomizer

A good old friend of mine told me: "Hey do you know Alien vs Predator?" and I was like : "What?" . After I watched the first movie at 6 yrs old I was fascinated and kept drawing preds/aliens. After that I looked up for games and here we are!

douglas.sheridan.1

douglas.sheridan.1

When I realized all 10 films were part of one story chronologically.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I saw Alien when I was eight, traumatized and made immune to scares in horror films in one night. Obsessed ever since.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 26, 2014, 03:24:23 AM
I saw Alien when I was eight, traumatized and made immune to scares in horror films in one night. Obsessed ever since.
Glad I am not the only one,only mine was Aliens end with the Queen ripping Bishop in half  :o

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

I can't remember when I saw the rest honestly but I do vividly remember two things: asking my Dad "It's not going to be one of those stupid looking bobble-head aliens with big eyes is it?" He only smirked.

Later on but nonetheless at a young age I remember watching Aliens on tape, recorded off ITV and I remember specifically "Burke, it was Burke!" and then Sighing as it cut to adverts even though it was able to fast-forward.

I loved both and didn't see Alien3 until much later when my Dad bought me the Alien Quadrilogy off ebay and then it took forever to arrive or so it seemed. I loved Alien3 as my Dad always put on the Assembly Cut anyway.

Saw the Alien3 Theatrical on TV and felt stuff was missing.
Seen Resurrection the next week, hated it even at 11 I understood how poinient Ripley's sacrifice was in Alien3 and though t Resurre tion ruined that. I don't remember specifically seeing Predator or 2, they never left the same impression.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Makes me wonder if I ever have a family, how'll I'd introduce these films to them, if at all.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 26, 2014, 04:13:37 AM
Makes me wonder if I ever have a family, how'll I'd introduce these films to them, if at all.
Simple, you say, "time to watch a movie guys!" Put the movie in the DVD/Bluray player and start watching.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Jan 26, 2014, 04:05:51 AM
I loved both and didn't see Alien3 until much later when my Dad bought me the Alien Quadrilogy off ebay and then it took forever to arrive or so it seemed. I loved Alien3 as my Dad always put on the Assembly Cut anyway.
Your father is a smart man! 8)

Henriksen

Henriksen

Um, it was mostly the comics, I remember getting a ton of the comics as a kid. My dad once rented me Alien 3 when I was a kid, and gave me a Bull Alien toy to play with on our way to Georgia to visit my grandparents. He also salvaged a copy of Predator on VHS for me when someone at his work tried to throw it away. My mother took me to see AVP in theaters, and in high school I read a lot of the paperback novels, along with a mass of fan fiction that I wrote. I guess a lot of my interest comes from my dad who was a casual fan of both series.

StanSwitek

StanSwitek

Was very young, maybe 8 or 9 (I am 28 now). My mom went to the library and I guess they were selling used books for cheap. She got me the original trade paperback to Aliens: Book One. The cover was all beat up but I was hooked. Lots of imagery to remember in that one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed