What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 159,013 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Seeing the AVP DVD stand in Woolworths. This was when I was in year 5. Then I begged for it. I got it and borrowed P1 from my friend and then saved up for the brand new Alien Quadrilodgy after watching AVP, it was the first Alien/Predator film I ever saw but compared to the originals it is not nearly as good. Then I went to Colchester's large car boot sale and brought Predator and Predator 2 (Which I had not seen) for £3.50 each brand new, so thank you AVP! 

EDIT: But I still hate you Paul Anderson. You ruined two great franchises!

eviscia

eviscia

Hahahaha! I remember it all too well.... my dad had Alien 1-3 box set... yes VHS back then baby! well i was just a wee... 6 years old when Alien 3 came out.. Aliens came out the year I was born, do the math! and I was probably only about 7 years old when my dad bought the box set. well the egg on the side creeped me out as a little kid and I had nightmares. So I told my dad about it and at the wee age of 8 years old he showed me the Alien series... starting with Aliens.. I don't why he started with the second. Later on, he showed me Alien one, but he never let me watch Alien 3, I suppose because of where Ripley almost got raped or something.. whatever... 1997 saw us on the edge of our seats waiting for Alien Resurrection. At this point I had finally watched Alien 3 probably around ten, when daddy left me home by myself. I didn't get to see Predator until I was about 12. And that's what started it. I saw Predator 2 soon after and I told my dad, in a comic book and action figure shop one day, that there would be an Aliens versus Predator. I didn't think that Sigourney would be in it, either (and, by joves, I was right). When I was about 13 I started saving my money to buy the full size replica Predator costume in the window of the store called "Another Universe". I never got near the $3200 price tag. I never forgot it either. I went to "Cosmic Comics" and "KB Toys" to buy my large collection of Aliens and Predator action figures. I even found some at the local flea market. I bought a hand me down Queen Alien for $2 and painted it black with my black nail polish because I decided that "it's not shiny enough". It's still sticky. Her majesty now holds her place in an action figured display case. I own comics and avp books and my dad still calls my action figures my "barbies". I'm probably the only woman who goes in Cosmic Comics now... I was also probably the only little girl who played with Predator action figures and glow in the dark Aliens instead of dolls and doll houses... I am convinced if I ever did own real Barbies, they would be covered with slime and dismantled. And that's my A/P love in a nutshell.

Resurrection

Resurrection

I became a fan after seeing Alien Resurrection on AMC or some other movie channel, and have liked them ever since.  I know Resurrection wasn't the best film to become a fan from, but I just liked how cool the Xenomorph's looked and how devious and stealthy they were in that move.  Especially the part where they killed one of their own to escape. ;D

diresword

diresword

well i have always loved the sci-fi movies.I guess when i was about 8 my dad showed me the 1st alien.It was an ok movie.I heard that aliens came out behind it and i wished to see that.And the 2 alien movie is what made me a fan on the aliens series.Predator just blew me away on the 1st one,and when he took off his helmet i was amazed by how someone could think of drawling somthing like that.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

For Alien, one word - Giger!

For Predator, probably the star power of Arnold.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I feel so lucky that my first Alien film was the original Alien. 8)

delstuart

delstuart

I seen Aliens when I was very young  and also my friend had some kenner figures so I liked alien stuff back then.

I saw predator when I was a bit older  it was only when I turned about 15-16 I really appreciated them all now to this day I watch them on dvd now and again.

plus I love the graphic novels  especialy batman vs predator

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: delstuart on Nov 26, 2007, 07:18:14 PM
I seen Aliens when I was very young  and also my friend had some kenner figures so I liked alien stuff back then.

I saw predator when I was a bit older  it was only when I turned about 15-16 I really appreciated them all now to this day I watch them on dvd now and again.

plus I love the graphic novels  especialy batman vs predator

I really like the Batman vs Predator idea concidering Predator 2 was great. Just pretend LA was Gotham and have Batman following skinned bodies around. As much as I like the idea I'd have to pass because the Batman and Predator movies are on different levels and can't be merged together.

Look at the first AvP, it was an all out Alien movie with Predators in it, which the Predators looked rediculous.

alien 619

alien 619

when i saw aliens hudson.
i liked his lineWhat do you mean "THEY cut the power"? How could they cut the power, man? They're animals! ,f**kin' A... ,Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal! Well that's great, that's just f**kin' great, man. Now what the f**k are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man

that was great

unblooded101

unblooded101

Just to be honest I never liked the Alien series  :P
But I remeber i walked into my parents room while my dad was watching predator, back then the slightest drip of blood made me sick,and  ::) i came in right as predator blew out Venture's chest w/ his canaster. i ran to the bathroom scared s**tless and "got sick".
then i watched it again when iwas 8-9.
iwas hooked, then isaw avp when iwas 11.for the next 2-4 WEEKS i dreamed about the aliens and dreamed about a 2'nd movie.i saw alien,loved it ,saw aliens, never watched the others,it just lost the excitment.Then heard about avpr and i search for any info,found you guys, and here i am.
That's my story.

Resurrection

Resurrection

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 26, 2007, 05:55:55 AM
I feel so lucky that my first Alien film was the original Alien. 8)
Yes you are! :)  My first was Resurrection, lol.

TT200777

TT200777

Nice Question!

It was definitely Alien1. I couldn't see very much from this mysterious creature that started its life as a worm like something bursting out of a humans chest to reach a body hight of nearly  2.5 meter.

I was deeply impressed of this organism with acid running through its veins as a part of  self defense mechanism, hunting and killing from hiding in air shafts ... just using its natural given skills.

I've seen many monster-movies with a variety of creatures, but this species was definitely new and fascinating for me, well thought out from the very beginning considering its life cycle and so forth.

Countles days after watching this movie i tried to get a complete picture of this creature by using a pencil, a peace of paper and my imagination.

Yes, i was cought by this creature from this time on.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I have a really bad memory of this really...

I believe Predator was the 1st film i saw of the set. My dad thought it would be a great movie for me + my younger bro to see + yeah, it was a good 1. I have see it many times since.

Next up was prob Alien which i watched with both my parents. My bro skipped out a short ways into it b/c he found it to boring. Shortly after this my parents decided the next best thing to do was watch Aliens.

I was always are of Alien 3 + A: R but never didn't see them until after the first AvP came out in 04. My parents hadn't seen them + i had gotten the general vibe that they were a step below the other films.

Prob the clincher though was when my dad bought me the game AvP - Gold for Christmas 1 year. That was a great game + a whole lot of fun to play (over + over + over...)

Plus it helps that i love Sci-Fi

Resurrection

Resurrection

That's gotta suck for you that you missed some parts at first because the best part of watching the original Alien movie is (duh) the suspense.  It's great waiting to see the Alien for the first time and watching the parts leading up to it really help to give you some drama.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Yeah, the original Alien was the one of a kind in the series, all the other ones were either extreme action films or cheap knock offs of the original.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed