Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 368,213 times)

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Jan 22, 2014, 12:44:42 AM
So nothing a human couldn't do.
Maybe.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 22, 2014, 01:42:02 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 20, 2014, 03:55:07 AM
Quote from: Master on Jan 18, 2014, 02:15:09 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 18, 2014, 03:34:16 AM
365 people saying he is human? what are you on? after a shot like that to the head with that tool would you walk around talking and doing stuffs? plus with your ears blowed off??

I`m medical doctor, the answer is yes.

/thread

Let's try this again.

/thread
I doubt that many people have that sort of pain threshold.

Local Trouble

Is that your professional opinion?

Elmazalman

It would depend on a persons level of pain tolerance.

Crazy Rich

The trick is not minding that it hurts.

SM

SM

Master

Quote from: szkoki on Jan 21, 2014, 09:29:00 PM
ok gimme a wrench and line up guys!!!  ;)

Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2014, 04:55:44 AM
Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Jan 18, 2014, 04:24:29 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Quote from: Master on Jan 18, 2014, 02:15:09 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM
So at the end of Alien 3, do you believe Bishop is really human or is just an android?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/forum/fc98e06d.jpg

For quite some time, I always believed it was an advanced android but it wasn't until AvP, somebody convinced me that he was really human.

365 people saying he is human? what are you on? after a shot like that to the head with that tool would you walk around talking and doing stuffs? plus with your ears blowed off??

I`m medical doctor, the answer is yes.
Obvious troll isn't very subtle.

If your definition of troll is "a preson who actually knows what he is talking about", then yeah I`m definitelly one.

SM

SM

QuoteI doubt that many people have that sort of pain threshold.

It doesn't really matter how many - Bishop II did.

OpenMaw

It's also complete nonsense.  :laugh:

Really, some of you should go watch some of the violence and civil unrest on websites like live-leak (Warning: Don't actually do it, because it'll probably mess you up.) You can have your legs blown off, and still be conscious for it. You can be shot, repeatedly, and still be conscious and lucid.

An example (which was recently made into a movie): Marcus Lutrell was shot repeatedly, had several shrapnel wounds, several broken bones, and he managed to continue to fight and crawl around during a heated battle in Afghanistan. A battle that lasted hours upon hours. He was still fully conscious.

Humans can survive a lot of brutal damage to the body, and even end up being "perfectly fine" afterward.

It was a hard hit that swung past his head and tore his ear loose. Happens to boxers. How is this debate *still* raging on?  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 24, 2014, 07:31:45 PMHow is this debate *still* raging on?  :laugh:
Because the argument from incredulity is a popular logical fallacy.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

He's human because logic and f**king over AVP is just icing on the cake.

Henriksen

He's human! "I'm not a droid!"

Vermillion

Quote from: Henriksen on Jan 27, 2014, 10:21:54 PM
He's human! "I'm not a droid!"

Just like Rob Ford.  Believable.

Crazy Rich

blood.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 24, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

It was a hard hit that swung past his head and tore his ear loose. Happens to boxers.

I would love to see a single picture anywhere of that happening in a boxing match. Tyson vs Holyfield is not even comparable and that aint no cauliflower ear!

The movie has over the top gore. That's the strongest argument to debunk anyone unconvinced that a human can take that damage unfazed for the most part. Discrediting the severity of the injury reinforces the point anyone not convinced are making. However it is true what many have said already about what a human has the potential to take. Truth is sometimes stranger then fiction.

Bishop 2 is a human.

Valaquen

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Feb 07, 2014, 12:28:03 PM
The movie has over the top gore.
I've tried pointing this out before - I'm fairly certain (havent' seen the movie in a while) that a prisoner virtually explodes after the Alien grabs him and his body smacks off a door lintel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed