Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 368,564 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 17, 2013, 10:34:25 PMAssembly cut.  Is a draft version or a hypothetical director's vision.
That has been officially released. The early Star Wars scripts were never even filmed.

Liberator

He was an android.  I can't recall where but I saw what was probably a deleted scene with the last crew member striking him with a crowbar or something.  He was exposed as an android in that scene.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 14, 2013, 04:26:56 AM
He was an android.  I can't recall where but I saw what was probably a deleted scene with the last crew member striking him with a crowbar or something.  He was exposed as an android in that scene.

He was exposed of having red, human blood when he was hit in the head.

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 14, 2013, 04:26:56 AM

The directors disagree with you. And there is is no deleted scene.

Liberator

I seem to remember an android.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 14, 2013, 04:49:52 AM

The proper response is: "there's no way a human being could sustain that kind of injury and remain conscious" or some variation thereof.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 14, 2013, 04:49:52 AM
You remember wrong.

Liberator

I'd argue with a xenomorph.

SiL

SiL

That's cool, but at no point does the movie show he's an android. He bleeds red blood and screams "I'm not a droid". No white blood, no spaghetti insides, no distorted voice.

Sgt. Apone

Ad didn't the directors mention it?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Dec 14, 2013, 05:43:02 AMHe... screams "I'm not a droid".
Only in the Assembly Cut.

The main defence I'll give the droiders is that comparing the Assembly Cut and the theatrical version, it's clear they were trying to make the character more ambiguous in the latter, based on the footage they removed.

Local Trouble

Hasn't anyone ever proposed that they may have simply dyed his blood red on the off chance he got cut?

Elmazalman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 14, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Hasn't anyone ever proposed that they may have simply dyed his blood red on the off chance he got cut?
A while back I posted a similar theory,that maybe he was an advanced synthetic  that could mimic pain/trauma and bleeding if the need should ever arise,another poster shot me down and told me it had already been considered and myth busted.

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2013, 05:32:53 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 14, 2013, 05:43:02 AMHe... screams "I'm not a droid".
Only in the Assembly Cut.

The main defence I'll give the droiders is that comparing the Assembly Cut and the theatrical version, it's clear they were trying to make the character more ambiguous in the latter, based on the footage they removed.

No, they weren't trying to make it ambiguous.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 14, 2013, 07:24:24 PM
Everyone says that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed