Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 368,503 times)

DoomRulz

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Oct 04, 2012, 02:56:09 AM
Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 11, 2012, 02:44:37 AM
Human.  Listen to the audio commentary on the DVD.  Gillis, Woodruff and Henriksen all say he's human.

Thats may be the case, but personally I prefer the idea that he is an andriod. We know he was lying to Ripley about helping Ripley kill the Alien, so I'm not inclined to believe that his claims of being human are ture. (even thogh in the assembly cut they are). Plus it adds another sinester element to the company. That they have been trying to gain immortality in some way ot another.

Are you honestly saying the film's crew are wrong in this case?

cloverfan98

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 04, 2012, 12:35:03 PM
Human.  Listen to the audio commentary on the DVD.  Gillis, Woodruff and Henriksen all say he's human.

Thats may be the case, but personally I prefer the idea that he is an andriod. We know he was lying to Ripley about helping Ripley kill the Alien, so I'm not inclined to believe that his claims of being human are ture. (even thogh in the assembly cut they are). Plus it adds another sinester element to the company. That they have been trying to gain immortality in some way ot another.

No I'm saying what I like to think. What I prefer. I know thats not the case, that the film makers have said he is human. I've seen the Assembly cut. I KNOW he's human. I just liked to think he wasn't. What I think or want dosen't change the film makers intentions at all.

Are you honestly saying the film's crew are wrong in this case?

No I'm saying what I like to think. What I prefer. I know thats not the case, that the film makers have said he is human. I've seen the Assembly cut. I KNOW he's human. I just liked to think he wasn't. What I think or want dosen't change the film makers intentions at all.

Ogata881

Pretty obvious human.As far as him not reacting the pain,he was obsessed with getting the embryo and put everything else on 2nd place.

swarm87

i have to say android. i was re-watching my alien 3 bluray(the vastly superior assembly cut) the other day and noticed a sizable chunk his head was hanging off(granted my tv is only 37" and it looked very much that the skin from where 85 struck him to his ear was drooping, think there's a pic of a makeup test somewhere in this thread) and if he was a normal human he'd most likely be in shock from pain or loss of blood.

cris393

cris393

He's definitely meant to be a human... as portrayed by the movie's intents and purposes, but his showing up so far off into the future completely throws out the door any other piece of literature or chronology after the movie's release (or even before, I gotta check). The question comes down to which "chronology" you want to respect? If you choose to accept AvP and AvP:R as part of the rest of the story you'd have to exclude Alien3's "Weyland". If you choose to accept Alien3's Weyland as human then AvP & R go out the window...

I personally would like to advance that somehow he's a clone of Weyland or maybe a really good lookalike great great great grandson... or something...

I really would've liked if directors spent some time to try and respect a chronology and read all on the subject like comics, novels, etc.
Not just have random locations or times... like AvP's pyramid is in the Antarctic and Predators like the heat... what are they doing there... like directors or writers have no respect for the vast literature and movies before their own creations...

Basically he's human and Paul Anderson is douchy douche for placing Predators in the Antarctic, leading us to believe Alien3 Weyland is an android and just plain butchering a possibility to make a better AvP movie... He could've picked any of the comics to adapt to the screen but noooo, he had to make his own crappy tale. On the "Making of..." documentary he said that's what he dreamt of making since seeing the original Alien movie when he was a kid. That was so insulting. :(

SiL

SiL

He's not supposed to be Weyland in Alien 3. Problem solved.

StrangeShape

Im with you on this one. Either way, the movie did a very poor job inclining that hes human, I needed the filmmaker and the noveization to tell me he was. In the credits hes called Bishop II, as oppose to Bishop's Designer. having piece of his face hanging off and almost completely brushing off a hit to the head with a pipe aside, it seems weird to me that the med team didnt even give such supposed hot shot designer ANY sort of concern or medical attention. And yes, a person hit with a metal pipe in the head so hard that side of his face looks like terminator's should be knocked out cold.

Red blood means nothing at all. It was obvious that Ripley wuld first think hes another android since he looks like Bishop, they would then surely anticipate Ripley asking for some proof and the easiest way to recognize a synthetic is by white blood. I aso dont see how saying that hes human proves anything, or that him feeling occasional pain says anything. Bishop felt it too

SM

SM

QuoteRed blood means nothing at all.

Except that it clearly does.

OpenMaw

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jan 25, 2013, 07:35:07 PM
Im with you on this one. Either way, the movie did a very poor job inclining that hes human, I needed the filmmaker and the noveization to tell me he was. In the credits hes called Bishop II, as oppose to Bishop's Designer. having piece of his face hanging off and almost completely brushing off a hit to the head with a pipe aside, it seems weird to me that the med team didnt even give such supposed hot shot designer ANY sort of concern or medical attention. And yes, a person hit with a metal pipe in the head so hard that side of his face looks like terminator's should be knocked out cold.

He didn't get half of his face knocked off. His ear was torn loose by the swing. It's a common injury, it hurts like a bitch, but it will NOT knock you out.

Bishop at the end of Alien 3 was not intended to be a droid. Ever. He's a human being. He's the ultimate "face" for the company.

Red blood means nothing at all.

Not even the "more human" model had red blood. No android has ever been given red blood in the movies. Ever.

Not to mention his agonized plea in the assembly cut "I'M NOT A DROID!"

pain

http://jamescamerononline.com/bishoppain.png

Did he? I always took his reaction to having an alien tearing him in half to be more about surprise/shock than pain. After all, he's fine enough to crack freaking jokes after the queen is gone.

DoomRulz

We're still discussing this? Wow.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 28, 2013, 03:33:08 AM
We're still discussing this? Wow.

I know. But hey at least I can make a game out of it ;D Bishop in Alien 3 is H _ _ _ _

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Terx2 on Jan 28, 2013, 04:47:55 AM
I know. But hey at least I can make a game out of it ;D Bishop in Alien 3 is H _ _ _ _

HITLER. >:(

SM

SM

Oooh!  One letter too long! What rotten luck!

Crazy Rich

Happy?

Xenomorphine

But I want to see him with a tiny little moustache and swastika inflatable armband... :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed