Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 368,563 times)

StrangeShape

Q: In the third Alien movie, was your character human?

HENRIKSEN: They were leaving that open because they weren't sure what they were going to do with me. But what I saw was that it was a more advanced model certainly. Again, I love the idea of the advanced models.
(IGN Interview)

Vulhala

He would say that. He did it for AvP  :laugh:

AliceApocalypse

It is out of sequence:  Ash, Bishop, Bishop & 1/2, Call...  OK that's corny but seriously, the idea of an advanced model could be a nice lead in to a plot twist in Prometheus like the red fluid instead white.  Still think he is a droid, though.  Sorry lol.

Xenomrph

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Oct 07, 2011, 02:18:13 PM
But for me as a kid or for anyone who's only seen the movies, it isn't wrong to have the opinion that Bishop II is an android. Nonetheless you get called out for such beliefs even if you strictly specify films-only as shown in the above posts. 
That's because even if you go films-only the conclusion that he's an android doesn't hold water under close scrutiny. :)

Is it outside the realm of possibility that he's a robot if you only look at the movie and nothing else? Obviously not, or this debate wouldn't exist. :P But when you really look at how it's portrayed it just doesn't add up. The ancillary stuff like the script and novelization only compounds this.

Kel G 426

I have a question.  If the company wanted to gain Ripley's trust, why did they send a guy who looks like an android?  Ripley doesn't trust androids.  Why send someone who has to prove he's freakin human?  It makes no sense to me, regardless of  if he's a droid or not.

Vulhala

Familiarity. And although there's no way they could have really known, she did trust Bishop. Personally, I think sending the real him was a huge mistake on their part. She knew it wasn't the same him, and you could tell from their dialogue that it was awkward.

If they were really smart they'd have sent the cat.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 06:02:17 PM
Familiarity. And although there's no way they could have really known, she did trust Bishop.

Hmm, never thought about that before, even tho its kinda obvious when you think about it. They shouldve thought differently, knowing her bad experiences with Ash

Xenomrph

Depends on how much footage they were able to recover from the Sulaco flight log, which Bishop says got uploaded right to the Company when the EEV was ejected. They might have been able to figure out that Ripley and Bishop trusted each other.

Vulhala

Depends how you want the discussion to evolve  ;)

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 07:06:12 PM

I'm an Aries...must...argue...

Xenomrph

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 07, 2011, 07:06:12 PM
In this case, I just want it to end. :P

StrangeShape

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 07, 2011, 07:04:55 PM
Depends on how much footage they were able to recover from the Sulaco flight log, which Bishop says got uploaded right to the Company when the EEV was ejected. They might have been able to figure out that Ripley and Bishop trusted each other.

I dont think theyre taped by surveilance cameras like in a reality show. Stuff like bioscans and flight logs get sent to network, not video recordings of everything that happens on the ship

Valaquen

Quote from: StrangeShape on Oct 07, 2011, 04:10:58 PM
Q: In the third Alien movie, was your character human?

HENRIKSEN: They were leaving that open because they weren't sure what they were going to do with me. But what I saw was that it was a more advanced model certainly. Again, I love the idea of the advanced models.
(IGN Interview)
He also says, on the A3 commentary, [pre-AVP] that Bishop II was human, and that he designed Aliens' Bishop in his image, just as God made man in His image. The quote above is a retcon courtesy of Paul Anderson and, pardon my French, f**k Paul Anderson.

Vulhala

Exactamundo!

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Oct 07, 2011, 07:51:27 PM
I'm an Aries...must...argue...

So am I. I was born on April 1st. But even I'm quite happy to leave this one  ;)

Xenomrph

Quote from: StrangeShape on Oct 07, 2011, 08:27:09 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 07, 2011, 07:04:55 PM

I dont think theyre taped by surveilance cameras like in a reality show. Stuff like bioscans and flight logs get sent to network, not video recordings of everything that happens on the ship
Well if the tech manual is any indication, the flight log actually did contain video and audio.

After all, the Company knew about the Alien onboard - how would they know about that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed