Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 202,757 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 12, 2007, 12:03:19 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 11:59:02 PM
Well, the eggmorphing requires double the hosts and time defantly...

If it's purely to get a Queen, you only need two hosts once.

And we'll be seeing a lot more than just two people drying from the reproduction thing in this film. :)

As for time, it might have taken about the same the facehugger did to implant Kane successfully.
Time wise...You'd have to get a host, eggmorph them, wait to get another host, facehugg them...that'd take time lol...and the other parts no complaint all good point

SM

SM

And why would that take a long time - especially when you have a smorgasbord of hosts.

Egg morphing probably takes around 4 hours.  Host is hugged, then awakens about 10-12 hours later and completely unaware of what they're carrying.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2007, 12:09:44 AM
And why would that take a long time - especially when you have a smorgasbord of hosts.

Egg morphing probably takes around 4 hours.  Host is hugged, then awakens about 10-12 hours later and completely unaware of what they're carrying.
That's alot of time when u have to make a alien force to fight the Wolf...

SM

SM

The fact that they've even concocted the moronic idea that an Alien army is needed to fight a Predator speaks volumes.  Once again it all comes back to creating solutions - that break established rules - for problems that never existed in the first place.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2007, 12:18:11 AM
The fact that they've even concocted the moronic idea that an Alien army is needed to fight a Predator speaks volumes.  Once again it all comes back to creating solutions - that break established rules - for problems that never existed in the first place.
Well, a Queen and one ot three Aliens against a plasma caster....
second is National Guard and other people finding trying to kill them

SM

SM

If they'd just gone by the rules - the rule that says "Queens lay eggs" - she have an army of facehuggers to take out Wolf or clueless national guardsman.  And if she gets shot - she gets shot.  Too bad so sad.  Wouldn't make much of a film, but their job is find solutions to those sorts of things.  Not make shit up.

Instead they ditch huggers for... YES!!! f**kING BARFING!!!!  AWESOMALITYNESS!!!!!!!

Major Alan Schaefer

Better movie> better canon that's me personaly...i want canon but a addtion to it doesn't upset no matter how borderline noncanon it is

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2007, 12:09:44 AM

well according to the anchorpoint essays:

"The time frame that is needed to completely alter a host organism to be a viable parasite-bearing egg is estimated between 24 and 36 hours."

read the full egg-morph page here:

http://www.anchorpointessays.com/stage3.html#eggs

And no im not arguing for this new reproductive cycle. lol.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 12, 2007, 12:12:17 AM

Then wind time forward during the first act, to take account of it. It isn't as if the Predalien is fitted with some sort of homing beacon and even if it were, anything it happens to reproduce won't do. The Predator wouldn't know where to look.

As it is, the Predalien is leading the Predator to it, by creating all this carnage.

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 11, 2007, 11:37:07 PM
Exept she started laying eggs before the hosts got there....

Your point is? So she lays eggs before hosts are available.

Ticks need the blood of hosts to survive yet they exist in an egg state at a time.

SM

SM

Quotewell according to the anchorpoint essays:

"The time frame that is needed to completely alter a host organism to be a viable parasite-bearing egg is estimated between 24 and 36 hours."

I know Mike and have read Anchorpoint.  This however, is speculatory (like most of Anchorpoint) and - based on the Brett egg - incorrect.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 12, 2007, 12:31:33 AM

Then wind time forward during the first act, to take account of it. It isn't as if the Predalien is fitted with some sort of homing beacon and even if it were, anything it happens to reproduce won't do. The Predator wouldn't know where to look.

As it is, the Predalien is leading the Predator to it, by creating all this carnage.
Caranage is what people want (auidence)...and its been talked about in Alien films for years....it'll be nice to see, and a giant crash site narrows the search....

Firefox, aliens are not ticks...if u want them to be bug like and simple don't complain about them being bulike and simple...

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 12, 2007, 12:31:33 AM

ooooooo, I like it that was what I was hoping for. It is almost a dectective story, a cautious pred tracks the slain bodies of human victims only to find he is the one being hunted by the pred-alien! very suspensful. Genius

SM

SM

And once again - pretty dumb when you consider what's gone before.

Looks like subtlely gets thrown out the window with everything else...

Major Alan Schaefer

I have to admit i think i'd be awesome to watch a Predator try and track a Predalien....that could be really good

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed