Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 200,996 times)

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

i think what the BROS. are trying to show, is that ONLY queens can "vomit"
so she can protect herself
and that drones CAN't do that

End of thread.

SM

SM

Yeah nice try...  ::)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2007, 02:54:42 AM
Quoteso having the abilty to phiscally shed its layers "making it one tough son of a bitch" doesn't abliy here?

And human bodies adapt to their environment over time too.

But if I barfed down the First Lady's throat, we'd be going to casualty at the hospital rather than the maternity ward.
Hate to be the one to tell you this....you aren't an alien....

They have been arounbd a real long time...over this time its obvoius they devolped alot of ways to be "Tough little sons of Bitches" we've seen them way to little to say this is their limit...they have to many abilites as is to say this is all they can do, if you don't like it? whine about it all day long see who cares

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 30, 2007, 02:58:33 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:51:02 AM
acording to one soruce, which didn't say,
"Because there born Queens means they can't become them any other way."
So you're saying that any other time there was an Alien and no Queen, the Alien just forgot it could become a Queen at will?
No...every other time being once, i'd say it happened to fast for the molt..acording to Ripley it killed them all less than 24 hours. second, who says it didn't start it at the end of Alien it had tounge extended for no reason at Ripley...who knows what it was doing?

I gotta go...enjoy the war leave some for me

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: predatorlover on Oct 30, 2007, 02:59:10 AM
End of thread.
Oh no!

Quotei think what the BROS. are trying to show, is that ONLY queens can "vomit" so she can protect herself and that drones CAN't do that
We really are going in circles, aren't we?

The fact of the matter is, they've managed to come up with something that cannot fit properly into the Aliens' established pattern of behaviour.  No matter how you come at it, it conflicts with something we've already had established.

SM

SM

QuoteHate to be the one to tell you this....you aren't an alien....

Looks like my point went straight through to the keeper yet again.

Oh well.

Xhan

Xhan

QuoteThey have been arounbd a real long time...over this time its obvoius they devolped alot of ways to be "Tough little sons of Bitches" we've seen them way to little to say this is their limit...they have to many abilites as is to say this is all they can do, if you don't like it? whine about it all day long see who cares

LOl, yet here you are in same kind.

AHH THE IRONY IT BURNS US MASTER.

I wasn't aware toyota made Aliens.

Space Disc Jockey

Yes, Queens are born through chestbursters, but if there is no Queen or eggs around, what are the drones supposed to do to continue the reproduction?

1. As ALIEN DC suggested, egg-morphing can occur. This would make sense for a survival tactic of the Alien warrior, but the idea of a Queen being the only provider of eggs/facehuggers makes much more sense.

2. The Alien warrior somehow impregnates hosts with Alien semen (through it's tail?)

3. Alien warriors can rapidly change their sex/genetics and molt into Queens as a last resort

Again, I would support the egg-morphing method much more, if the idea of a Queen was never brought into the cycle. Sure, it's possible the Aliens could go this route, when there is no Queen around, but for the host to grow into an egg, thus growing a facehugger...uncharacterstic of the Alien, IMO.

However, the egg-morphing has been established on film, so it would be kind of neat to have future films explore this more, but the inclusion of the Queen is holding this back. If the Queen was not introduced in Aliens and ALIEN DC was released back then, I bet the egg-morphing would still be used now, unless some one (other than Cameron) thought up the Queen or another explaination for the eggs.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Oct 30, 2007, 03:13:30 AM
but the idea of a Queen being the only provider of eggs/facehuggers makes much more sense.
Hardly.

Quote2. The Alien warrior somehow impregnates hosts with Alien semen (through it's tail?)
Yeah, that totally ... no. Just no.

Quote3. Alien warriors can rapidly change their sex/genetics and molt into Queens as a last resort
Which goes against A, established in 1979, and the latter two Alien movies.

SM

SM

QuoteYes, Queens are born through chestbursters, but if there is no Queen or eggs around, what are the drones supposed to do to continue the reproduction?

Egg morphing.  It's a concept that's been around for nearly 30 years, and is perfectly adaptable to the Queen concept.  Host morphed into egg (via vomiting if they must), second host huggered, Queen emerges, lays lots of eggs.  The host that bore the Queen could even be morphed if need.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Ok, if Alien DC was released originally, do you think Cameron would've still thought of the Queen concept, and thus made the Aliens more like bees/ants?

As someone mentioned earlier, Cameron turned the Aliens into more of a colony species and that was based on seeing the eggs in ALIEN, but not seeing the ALIEN DC and the egg-morphing scene.

If Ridley/Fox included that egg-morphing scene in the TR, things would be different now, IMO.

In a way, you could say Cameron broke the cycle, if we were to assume the Alien could only produce the eggs, by means of egg-morphing, without the need for a Queen.

SM

SM

Yes Cameron did break the cycle, but his excuse for doing so was acceptable.  Only a very small portion of punters knew about the egg morphing thing which didn't make it into the final film.  He ditched it for something else.  If he'd done that while the coccoon scene was still in Alien and didn't adaquately work the change into the story to explain it - I think people would've cried foul then as they are now.

Either way, egg morphing CAN work with the Queen.  Sadly it seems not in this film though.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Oct 30, 2007, 03:28:54 AM

In a way, you could say Cameron broke the cycle, if we were to assume the Alien could only produce the eggs, by means of egg-morphing, without the need for a Queen.

Cameron took the cycle and gave it more believability than immaculate jesus aliens. Its very frustrating how so much fans dont see this simple fact.

Cameron was here to help us, not harm  :P

SiL

SiL

It's very frustrating how so many fans don't see how much a hindrance the Queen was in the portrayal of the Alien as an alien organism, and as something of the antithesis of humanity.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 03:52:25 AM
It's very frustrating how so many fans don't see how much a hindrance the Queen was in the portrayal of the Alien as an alien organism, and as something of the antithesis of humanity.

lol you cant just go fly away with concepts. A grounding was made, a grounding that makes sure this isnt dismissed as easily as this impossible antithesis of humanity. You break the rubber band, you break the movie.

The concept being defended here incredibly: a regular alien being able to make eggs with slime and goo from its body apparently. Then voila. An egg. 

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 03:59:13 AM
A grounding was made, a grounding that makes sure this isnt dismissed as easily as this impossible antithesis of humanity.
Given Cameron's flair for the theatrical, well beyond anything Alien ever showed, that's a load of horseshit and you know it. He wanted a boss fight; end of. The original reproductive method was alien; the original Alien creature was alien. Cameron made them an insect.

And yet people applaud him, because apparently giant insects are unique and scary.

Like all the ones from those 50s movies. Ooooh, giant ants! Oh no!

Puh-leez, bitch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed