Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 203,654 times)

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Gates on Oct 26, 2007, 02:19:21 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Oct 26, 2007, 02:08:52 PM
The general audience, AVP fans and predator fans , i think will like it. 

In this I agree with you, but that doesn't make it acceptable...

Well, that's exactly what happened with Transformers, before the movie came out, everybody was nitpicking it, but magically it became the biggest blockbuster of the year. Of course AVP:R doesn't have that budget, but you get my point. If people like it, it doesn't matter what the fanboys think!  ;)

I think at this point all is just especulation, let's wait for the movie, shall we?

Porkus Maximus

Quotebut magically it became the biggest blockbuster of the year

Transformers took a huge shit all over its sauce material.  It was terrible.  Fact is; Giant robots + hot girl + "AMERICA f**k YEAH!" attitude = popular with the masses (of idiots).

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 26, 2007, 03:05:58 PM

Transformers took a huge shit all over its sauce material.  It was terrible.  Fact is; Giant robots + hot girl + "AMERICA f**k YEAH!" attitude = popular with the masses (of idiots).

transformer was one of my guilty pleasure... i thought it was EXTREMELY entertaining. the story was pure crap and immature but the action was worth seeing, the visuals were phenomenal and i think every one agrees with me even those that didnt like it.

Vemados

Vemados

Anyway, back on topic...

I like the giant facehugger idea.  Also it looks like they're making fun of Spider-man by putting a facehugger looking ting on Chet's chest.  Or maybe I'm reading too much into it... but yeah I'm guessing that it can lay multiple embryos.  I like this idea better than one facehugger laying multiples...

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

WARNING - LONG POST AHEAD - FOR HIGHLAND EYES ONLY... JUST KIDDING... ;D ;)

Those were concepts that prevailed AND were in-character, so don't start the victory dance just yet, Highland... ;D

The Super-facehugger idea should have been in the theatrical all along because it makes more sense and explained the single egg shot much more clearly...A Queen and a drone to protect it... Perfect sense...

Now, THIS does not make any sense at all... This RC has no relationship with the previous ones, and this is far worse than a Queen design (which most love anyway, including me) and the superfacehugger, which the Assembly Cut rightfully placed back...

The Queen notion was naturally derivative from the eggs that were in the Derelict (perfectly logical) and the superfacehugger is a concept that is very credible as, for preservation of the species, the Queen should not be born and left unpretected while growing up and vulnerable to any possible predators and therefore risking the preservation of the species...

So it would be natural (and quite brilliant also) that the facehugger containing the Queen embryo would also have the drone embryo, the protector... Hence the Superfacehugger design and concept... a bigger facehugger than usual and with the crown...

About the sci-fi joke, have you ever seen 2001...? I guess not, because if you did, then you would know that SCIence FIction means Fiction scientifically viable... Meaning, futuristic settings where the fictionalised story takes place, with scientifically viable and/or possible notions... Isaac Asimov, Carl Sagan, they all wrote Sci-fi books translated into movies, and they ALL were Sci-fi movies, and they all had either feasible technology, real physics, possible technologically sound futuristic worlds, but all with roots in real astronomical, phsyical and chemical realities...

Ash in Alien used scientific terminology to analyse the facehugger...Ripley's commands during liftoff from the planet were realistic... Cryostasis... Planet's atmosphere components...

In Aliens, no ray guns, rather caseless rounds weapons, Ferro and Spunkmeyer's techno and pilot babble before landing... The notion of thermonuclear explosions...

So, try a little harder... And don't make mistakes like that... the term SCIENCE FICTION says it all... Keyword - SCIENCE... ;D ;)

Therefore, it has to be grounded on reality or a possible one...

The Alien movies were founded on real physics... even the Alien was studied and analysed with scientific terminology (aminoacids, proteins, sillicon...)...

So, don't try to sell that crap...

I liked Alien movies especially because they were grounded on reality, or a possible future... They had a realistic approach to it, not the Star Wars approach... The ships were designed by Ron Cobb, who was professed to like things that could actually be built...

So, with all this source material, how can you keep a straight face saying that if I like movies founded on reality, I cannot like Sci-fi movies...?

The best sci-fi movies are the ones that are visionary, like 2001...fully based on reality or a possible, viable reality, namely, real astronomical and technological concepts, or the ones that create a plausible future within 10, 20 , 100 years... Alien movies did that, with corporate power, corporate paranoia, corporate backstabbing, corporate greed...

Even the Alien RC was built on plausibility...if it was too farfetched or without any logic attached to it, it would not have gathered so many fans, I assure you... ;)

WisePredator

WisePredator

I liked Transformers...

;D

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: WisePredator on Oct 26, 2007, 03:43:45 PM

I liked Transformers...

;D

Didn't see it, won't see it... Too dumb concept...liked them when I was 5...but in cartoon form only... ;D :D ;)

Any person above 18 seeing it should be shot on sight... And I am not kidding... And the studios who do them should be checked by the IRS and devoided of half the proceeds from it...Maybe that would teach them... ;D :D

The Chibi Kiriyama

I loved the movie, but I still say the designs looked bad. It was the actions of the Cybertronians that were great, like Starscream transforming in mid-air as he blew apart F-22's. Megatron, in particular, just looked saddening. Prime was about the only situation where they tried to merge the original concept with a modern touch. Other than that, the other designs were just overkill.

Uncanny Antman

Naw, man...Jazz was a great job.  Closer to a G1 than even Prime, IMO.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Jazz was pretty close, I have to admit. But then he got torn in half.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 26, 2007, 03:48:37 PM
Quote from: WisePredator on Oct 26, 2007, 03:43:45 PM

I liked Transformers...

;D

Didn't see it, won't see it... Too dumb concept...and liked them when I was 5...and in cartoon form... ;D :D ;)
Shia's character was dumb and so where some of the other humans I only liked it for the robots, and Megan Fox.

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

The Predalien has one bad case of coodies! I feel bad for the host!

Highland

Highland

Yutani mate, long, but pointless.

My sci fi comment was worded wrong so i apologise. I have no problem with things being grounded in Reality. But your comments were in reference to the idea of the RC being lame and also being non cannon, then trying to give me evidence for it.

The Aliens RC aint real mate, It was picked out someones ass, just like this idea. So it has nothing to to with Science fact. Only fiction. Sure there are references in the living world, but it stops at that. You cant bring those references inside this franchise. They are for inspiration only.

If someone wants to add to that fiction, they can, as long as it doesnt break any rules that were establised, which it doesnt. Its never been establised that an Embryo infecting another Alien doesnt have this out come.

It breaks no previous evidence, because there is none. 

I'm not saying I like it or hate it, I'm saying they can do what they like with this creature, and they have.

DB

DB

This is really, really saddening.

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

Already there...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed