NECA's AvPR Series 2 Discussion

Started by War Wager, Oct 23, 2007, 08:24:28 PM

What do you think of Neca's Predator figures?

Amazing
85 (57.8%)
Good
45 (30.6%)
Ok
11 (7.5%)
Poor
6 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author
NECA's AvPR Series 2 Discussion (Read 58,602 times)

ridetofight

yet another merchandise thread over run by the hot toys debate! its funny how things work out with different people. i used to build and paint models when i was 10. now i'm 25 and i build/paint/customize dolls. i lost interest in models because they're static. i think everyone can agree that your favorite predator in a bitchin' pose is sweet. i see it like i've got an infinite amount of new models by buying just one with good articulation. i like it because its entertaining, you can interact with it. i want my hicks smoking a cigarette. so i kit bash a little, get him a pack of smokes, bend his arm, and bam! i've got smoking hicks model. sure, the joints are kind of an eyesore, but i feel like its a pretty good trade off. with the human figures they either give them a "muscle suit" or you can cover up the joints with watches and sleeves. the predators are different though. i usually just leave some of the lights off in the display case. just like they'd appear in the darkness in the movie - to hide the fact that they're just guys in big painted doll suits.

REYALS

REYALS

well, I personally am a collector of "action figures", and all I have to say about the Neca figures is that I will probably end up paying alot of cash to get them. I like to buy multiple figures just in case. The WOLF PREDATOR looks awesome (as good as it could be considering the scale), and the ALIEN figures look pretty sharp also.
As for the hottoys editions... DAMN they are expensive!!! I would love to buy these f**kers, but Papa has ababy, and Momma spanks! I will eventually end up having bought them though, I am a freak about figures. ;D ;D ;D

Demonio Cazador

Yeah, I hear you, I can't wait for the Pred 2 Elder, it's going to rock!!

The Shuriken

Question.

In the AVP: R game, Wolf has wrist blades on both arms. Though I haven't seen that in the movie trailers nor on the figure.

Was that just a game add on?

Private Hudson

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 25, 2007, 03:04:00 PM
Yep, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this "dolls" aren't for kids...
This are high-end collectibles, nobody in their right mind will give a Hot Toys predator to a 7 year old...and the reason people praise them is because they're worth every penny to the people that like them.
Same with McToys, Koto or even Kenner.

They're not everyone's cup of tea, but let me remind you that McToys and Neca are toys too, they are action figures too, and they are even closer to a toy for a 7 year old than Hot Toys...starting with the price tag and materials. So you haven't grown out of action figures that far yet!  ;)

And there's nothing wrong with that, it's not like somebody is more "mature" for collecting McFarlane vs. Hot Toys vs. a Garage Kits...in the end all of them are collectibles of movies your fond of from your childhood. All men like their toys, be it cars, gadgets or action figures!  ;D

With that said...I'd like to wrap up this little debate with a picture that it's worth a 1000 words:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/6347_press02-001.jpg

That pic is awsome :o!!! Do the Hot Toys really look that good?!! I'd buy em' but There WAY too expensive :(.

maxthue

maxthue

hope ther come a figure with a mask on and a Predalien figure

The Shuriken

Quote from: maxthue on Oct 27, 2007, 02:58:05 PM

Your hopes for the Predalien are not in vain.

Hot Toys got the license to make the creatures from AVP:R around early this month.

Private Hudson

I really need to buy these hot toys!!!

REYALS

REYALS

Quote from: Ultrapredator on Oct 27, 2007, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: maxthue on Oct 27, 2007, 02:58:05 PM

Your hopes for the Predalien are not in vain.

Hot Toys got the license to make the creatures from AVP:R around early this month.
DAMN IT!!! I hate it when you think youre going to get ahead on your collection, then BAM!, they come out with more figures for you to spend your hard earned money on. Another thing too, you know there is going to be multiple editions of each figure that comes out. DAMN you sideshow/hottoys...DAMN YOU!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

War Wager

War Wager

According to Forbidden Planet, the figures will be out on Feb 28.

I wonder why Neca doesn't have Series 3 on their site. Wolf looks sweet though:

Whats better looking closed mandibles or open?

JDubG

JDubG

The open mandibles look great!

REYALS

REYALS

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 03, 2008, 03:30:41 AM

So, is this from the third series? From what I knew, NECA was doing the same thing they did with the PREDALIEN. They would have a helmeted, and a closed/opened mandible WOLF. Hmm? Now I dont know what to think about this. Anyway, what is the third set going to be, anyone know?

JDubG

JDubG

Quote from: REYALS REIGN on Jan 03, 2008, 05:56:15 AM

So, is this from the third series? From what I knew, NECA was doing the same thing they did with the PREDALIEN. They would have a helmeted, and a closed/opened mandible WOLF. Hmm? Now I dont know what to think about this. Anyway, what is the third set going to be, anyone know?

Why don't you just get the Hot Toys Wolf. NECA is releasing so many open/close figures its ridiculous!

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: REYALS REIGN on Jan 03, 2008, 05:56:15 AM

Series 3 will be the open mandible and cloaked Wolf, out sometime in April.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

I liked the Masked and Unmasked Wolf Predator action figures and I wish it could be released earlier!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed