NECA's AvPR Series 2 Discussion

Started by War Wager, Oct 23, 2007, 08:24:28 PM

What do you think of Neca's Predator figures?

Amazing
85 (57.8%)
Good
45 (30.6%)
Ok
11 (7.5%)
Poor
6 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author
NECA's AvPR Series 2 Discussion (Read 58,416 times)

SuperMassive

SuperMassive

Human figs, I'd like to see Dutch's team in Predator 1, specially Mac and Blain  ;D
Hoping NECA or McF would make it someday

Anyway, which one you guys prefer, Closed Mouth or Opened Mouth?

SMJ

SMJ

Yeah the whole team would be bad-ass...but I'd prefer NECA do it, too expensive to get em all via Hot Toys lol

SuperMassive

Quote from: SMJ on Oct 24, 2007, 05:02:49 PM
Yeah the whole team would be bad-ass...but I'd prefer NECA do it, too expensive to get em all via Hot Toys lol

:D yeah i know, besides I'm collecting 6-7 inches ones, would be great if i put them side by side along with other preds figures

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think it looks great, looks a lot like the Jungle Hunter.

Demonio Cazador

Yeah I sold mine,
I got a decent deal on Ebay, I'm sure I could've sold them for more, but I needed the cash right away so I sold them with a Buy it Now option, not bad around 150 for AVP preds, Preds 2, Alien, Alien from Aliens, Grid and Dog Alien.
A Hot Toys Dutch's tema woould be awesome! They already have Carl Weathers (Rocky)...and the muscular bodys look awesome!

nick3309

nick3309

The Predator Figures I'm Gonna Get Is The Open Mandibles, And Masked. However I Would Prefer A Predator To Come With A Removible Mask, Thats Why I Rated It Good.

Private Hudson

Are the Hot toyss figures Poseable?

The Shuriken

Quote from: Private Hudson on Oct 24, 2007, 09:59:50 PM
Are the Hot toyss figures Poseable?

Oh yeah, I hear that they can break easy. But that was from a view people.

SiL

SiL

The snap kits are the ones that can break easily.

My 14" Alien can do all sorts of crazy stuff without ill effect.

The Cleaner

Yeah, the Hot Toys 14" Preds are poseable, just don't try to take off the arms and legs that you're supposed to put on, they aren't meant to be taken apart again. ;)

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 24, 2007, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: Darth_Spud on Oct 24, 2007, 11:22:42 AM
Way better than that Hot Toys DOLL crap!

Gotta question? Have you seen a Hot Toys figure fully assembled "live"...
You might not like it, the scale, the materials whatever...but you shouldn't simply call "crap" the best Pred collectibles out there...  8)
Besides...we haven't seen Hot Toys Wolf now have we?  ;)

With that said, I think NECA's done a great job with this one!

Yes i have seen one live (Scar Predator) and even if i hadnt it wouldnt matter since you can see from the pictures that they are out of proportion, have clothes like dolls and simply dont look like all that great. People here seem to see them as the ultimate collectable but they are just expensive dolls to me. They are WAY over rated for the price you pay. Seriously if you want good looking preds go cheack out www.predatorstuff.com I would rather collect £200 resin cast fully painted Predator statues than those Dolls you all seem to rave about. I would rather pay the extra £100 for this than the Hot Toys Scar

That NECA Wolf looks way better than any hot toys pred. Apart from the mandibles its all in correct proportion and doesn't have any clothes

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 24, 2007, 02:45:34 PM

but you shouldn't simply call "crap" the best Pred collectibles out there...  8)

Why not its my opinion, you sound like another Hot Toys fan-boy and NO they are not the best Pred collectibles out there by a LONG SHOT! If you see Hot Toys as the best then you need to defiantly check out www.predatorstuff.com

Demonio Cazador

Ok, OK...you can call them crap, that's fine...
I visit that site pretty often and they do have tons of cool kits and statues and collectibles. But a lot of them are artistic interpretations, nothing wrong with that, but it's like the EU from Star Wars, cool stuff but for me, it's not the Star Wars I like.

Same with a lot of those statues and kits, they look cool, but they are not the Predators I like. There's a few very neat movie kits and statues, but the fact that there's just one pose and one material makes it less attractive. Even though that Scar pred in the pic is screen accurate and looks pretty cool, the problem is that it's bulky as the ones from the movies...that, I really don't like.

I noticed that you have a real issue with "dolls" as you call them, somebody posted that the original action figures were the G.I. Joe 12"...you don't call those dolls do you? And what's the problem with clothes? The Hot Toys pred have "real" net suits, and the mixed media makes it very realistic.
So, let me rephrase it,, Hot Toys Predators are the BEST action figures out there...how's that? Better?  ;)
If not that's cool, let's move on, you made your point I made mine, if you're happy with your McToys and I'm with my Hot Toys I think all is good! Don't you think?

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Oct 25, 2007, 01:00:56 PM
I noticed that you have a real issue with "dolls" as you call them, somebody posted that the original action figures were the G.I. Joe 12"...you don't call those dolls do you? And what's the problem with clothes? The Hot Toys pred have "real" net suits, and the mixed media makes it very realistic.
So, let me rephrase it,, Hot Toys Predators are the BEST action figures out there...how's that? Better?  ;)
If not that's cool, let's move on, you made your point I made mine, if you're happy with your McToys and I'm with my Hot Toys I think all is good! Don't you think?

Well I never did collect GI Joe (wasn't that popular in the UK) but I do see them as dolls for kids, same as your Hot Toys stuff, they are dolls, its not like I don't like dolls - they are great if your 7 but I'm 24. I'm not into the whole articulation thing because my models are placed on a shelf to be looked at not moved about and played with. If I see a NECA, McFarlane, Koto, or any other Plastic/resin moulded model with a pose I like then ill buy it for its looks not for its articulation or its little clothes or its interchangeable toy guns.

If I'm totally honest I don't really mind the Hot Toys Predators - they look OK but people seem to praise them way to much for what they are – They have clearly visible hinged joints just like a cheap toy, they have out of proportioned body parts, they have inaccurately sculpted dreds and cost way too much yet people love them, it seems crazy to me! But each to his own. You use the term "action Figure" - that immediately puts me off buying 1 as I grew out of action figures long ago. I'm happy with my models/ornaments and you're happy with your "action figures" so all I want to say is that I think that NECA Wolf beats any Hot Toys Predator hands down and I'm entitled to that opinion.

Demonio Cazador

Yep, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this "dolls" aren't for kids...
This are high-end collectibles, nobody in their right mind will give a Hot Toys predator to a 7 year old...and the reason people praise them is because they're worth every penny to the people that like them.
Same with McToys, Koto or even Kenner.

They're not everyone's cup of tea, but let me remind you that McToys and Neca are toys too, they are action figures too, and they are even closer to a toy for a 7 year old than Hot Toys...starting with the price tag and materials. So you haven't grown out of action figures that far yet!  ;)

And there's nothing wrong with that, it's not like somebody is more "mature" for collecting McFarlane vs. Hot Toys vs. a Garage Kits...in the end all of them are collectibles of movies your fond of from your childhood. All men like their toys, be it cars, gadgets or action figures!  ;D

With that said...I'd like to wrap up this little debate with a picture that it's worth a 1000 words:

Aeus

Aeus

I used to buy the figures when I was 14 or so, but to be honest, I feel I'm a little old to be having toys lying around. Not to mention they don't really interest me.

And I don't even think the Hot Toys ones look good enough to warrant the hefty costs. They look disproportionate and annorexic in some cases. And the paint jobs on some of them are crap.

Not that I'd buy it anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed