Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 170,097 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 08, 2024, 04:30:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 08, 2024, 04:18:20 PMAm I the only one who thinks Princess Irulan rocked the chainmail coif?

Not at all. That might just be my favorite bit of wardrobe in the film (it's either that, or Jessica's Reverend Mother look).

Not being well versed in the books, could the actress return for Children of Dune? I have bo idea how far after it takes place after Messiah. 

Dune: Messiah is set twelve years after Dune, and Irulan does indeed have a big role to play in it. She will absolutely be back in the next film.

I'm actually about two thirds of the way through a reread of Messiah as I type this.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 04:32:12 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 08, 2024, 04:30:42 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 08, 2024, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on May 08, 2024, 04:18:20 PMAm I the only one who thinks Princess Irulan rocked the chainmail coif?

Not at all. That might just be my favorite bit of wardrobe in the film (it's either that, or Jessica's Reverend Mother look).

Not being well versed in the books, could the actress return for Children of Dune? I have bo idea how far after it takes place after Messiah. 

Dune: Messiah is set twelve years after Dune, and Irulan does indeed have a big role to play in it. She will absolutely be back in the next film.

I'm actually about two thirds of the way through a reread of Messiah as I type this.

Oh that is great news! I think her character is my favorite. I do like Paul Mau'Dib. I really am glad the film explore him grappling with being a messiah, that it will bring death.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I tried to get Dune Messiah today, sold out! It was only available in a full box set.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

OK, so I've watched this trailer a few times over now. I will say, what we are seeing does look better than I expected it to, given all of the production trouble this thing had (and the fact that Denis Villeneuve was pretty explicitly distancing himself and his films from this series during Part Two's marketing; there was a time VERY early on in production when Jon Spaihts was going to be showrunner of this and Denis was going to direct the pilot, but that obviously changed big time), but it also feels really weird to see what's clearly a riff on Denis' style/aesthetic kind of squashed down for television and interpreted by other people. That being said, I do like the various locales we're seeing (I wonder if the show is ever even gonna go to Arrakis?), the wedding looks cool, and there's some interesting architecture. The Bene Gesserit in general are fascinating and the point in the timeline here puts it pretty much right after the Butlerian Jihad, so the early days of the "modern" universe, post-Butlerian Jihad, as everything becomes what it will stagnate into for the next 10,000 years could be neat to explore.

I really hope this dares to be at least a fraction as weird/interesting as Raised By Wolves was, since it seems like that show was more or less killed off so they could make room for the "brand name" space opera series that we're getting here.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1790741423148372288

Ingwar

Ingwar

Mark Strong! 8)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Wasn't expecting it to look this interesting, love the trailer!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hmm, so his scene was with Brolin. The only time Gurney and Lord Fenring cross paths in the book would be when the Emperor calls Fenring in after
Spoiler
Feyd-Rautha is killed
[close]
and  even then, that's more just them in the same room together (along with a million other main characters), not really them directly interacting. Based on this, I guess either Lord Fenring's scene(s) played very differently than they do in the book, or, alternatively, perhaps Tim Blake Nelson wasn't actually playing Lord Fenring...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In that case I'm guessing Tuek.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

ᑐ ᑌ ᑎ ᕮ : Prophecy is part of Villeneuve's universe? I'm serious. I haven't been very attentive to the news of the series👉👈

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 27, 2024, 04:31:01 AMᑐ ᑌ ᑎ ᕮ : Prophecy is part of Villeneuve's universe? I'm serious. I haven't been very attentive to the news of the serieshttps://s10.gifyu.com/images/SffbN.gif👉👈

Denis sees it as separate, Warner Bros sees it as being the same.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 27, 2024, 07:38:14 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 27, 2024, 04:31:01 AMᑐ ᑌ ᑎ ᕮ : Prophecy is part of Villeneuve's universe? I'm serious. I haven't been very attentive to the news of the serieshttps://s10.gifyu.com/images/SffbN.gif👉👈

Denis sees it as separate, Warner Bros sees it as being the same.

Thanks for the answer. It looks enjoyable enough anyway, even if I've to consider it its own thing.😅✌️

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed