Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 10,914 times)

TheBATMAN

I know you cant go into detail, but do we have any concerns over running time, or is it comfortably in the ballpark of previous films?

I only ask as Fede's movies are traditionally quite short and to the point, whereas I feel Alien works best as a slow burn.

Mike’s Monsters

Can't speak to that as I don't know if they cut anything out after I've watched it. It wasn't short, if that's the concern. But don't take that as it was overly long either. I'll say the runtime I saw in August.

BigDaddyJohn

I'd bet on 1h45 - 1h50.

GrimmVision

There were reshoots?

Mike’s Monsters

Back in February.

It's important to note that reshoots don't always mean fixing things, or changing things. They could easily mean they need to get a shot of someone picking something up for continuity, to add an additional line of dialogue here or there. It easily be a small photography pickup. Nothing to worry about. Almost all films do this and have it in their production schedules.

Feeds On Minds

I wish they would change what they did in one of the leaks I read, what a dumb idea that is.

Mike’s Monsters

Still wishing some dude never leaked the plot of the movie. None of you should know any of that stuff. Regardless on your opinion on the contents of it.

I found the execution more surprising and rewarding while I was watching and didn't know what was coming. Reading those or having them being told to you is never close to what's actually being presented in context most of the time. I found myself liking some of it because of HOW it was executed, when if I had read it, I likely wouldn't have. I get why people might not like what they've heard, but I also stand by judging the final product on it's own.

Big Godzilla and Kong fan, and when I was told years before we saw anything that Kong was going to carry an Axe in GvK, I haaaated the idea. Then I saw it in execution and totally loved it.

I know I'm probably alone in this opinion too. But I'm feeling truly lucky I didn't have it ruined or spoiled it for myself before getting to see it. I was able to decide what I did and didn't like on my own.

SiL

Spoiler
Knowing they're potentially puppeteering a corpse with AI should absolutely be something that's known beforehand so people can make a decision whether they want to support the project or not.
[close]

Mike’s Monsters

Spoiler
The AI claim still doesn't make sense to me. His voice was clearly done by a voice actor, and it was a real puppet. His face will likely be cleaned up with CGI. So I think the AI accusations should slow down until that is officially confirmed. The subject of a dead actor is a different thing entirely. But still something I think people should decide on their own. Holme could have easily signed his rights away before passing to allow the characters he played to show up again. We don't know the whole story.
[close]

Local Trouble

You don't think you'll succumb to FOMO and buy a ticket?

Feeds On Minds

That leak doesn't bother me.
Spoiler
it's the stupid retrieval of big chap that I find eye-rolling.
[close]

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 12, 2024, 04:01:29 AM
Spoiler
The subject of a dead actor is a different thing entirely. But still something I think people should decide on their own.
[close]
Spoiler
How can they if they don't know beforehand? It's something I hope they drop in the trailer.
[close]

DaveT937

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 12, 2024, 02:07:01 AMStill wishing some dude never leaked the plot of the movie. None of you should know any of that stuff. Regardless on your opinion on the contents of it.

I found the execution more surprising and rewarding while I was watching and didn't know what was coming. Reading those or having them being told to you is never close to what's actually being presented in context most of the time. I found myself liking some of it because of HOW it was executed, when if I had read it, I likely wouldn't have. I get why people might not like what they've heard, but I also stand by judging the final product on it's own.

Big Godzilla and Kong fan, and when I was told years before we saw anything that Kong was going to carry an Axe in GvK, I haaaated the idea. Then I saw it in execution and totally loved it.

I know I'm probably alone in this opinion too. But I'm feeling truly lucky I didn't have it ruined or spoiled it for myself before getting to see it. I was able to decide what I did and didn't like on my own.
I'm very intrigued by this.

I think I've managed to swerve the biggest leaks - I may have a bit of an idea on some of it based on what people have shared on here without Spoiler tags - and I feel all the better for having done so having read this.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 12, 2024, 04:01:29 AM
Spoiler
The AI claim still doesn't make sense to me. His voice was clearly done by a voice actor, and it was a real puppet. His face will likely be cleaned up with CGI. So I think the AI accusations should slow down until that is officially confirmed. The subject of a dead actor is a different thing entirely. But still something I think people should decide on their own. Holme could have easily signed his rights away before passing to allow the characters he played to show up again. We don't know the whole story.
[close]

Spoiler
I'm with you on this one Mike. It's pitchforks with no basis at the moment.  I feel like this is going to be a similar situation to those YouTube videos of that guy who dresses in different cultural clothing (kimonos, sombreros, etc) and goes around universities for reaction, and everyone not of that particular race are all deeply offended and telling him it's cultural appropriation and he can't wear that, and then he goes specifically to people of that particular race/culture, and they all think it's amazing and love it. People love being "offended on behalf of others" these days.. 😅 Holm may have pre-emptively given his blessings (or given family the power to make such decisions in his absence). And to be fair, from what I'm reading it sounds more like a tribute to the original actors performance.
[close]

Slutty Badger

Also, Ash's series, the Hyperdyne 120-A2, was based on the David series. Wonder if that'll have any effect on the plot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed