[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 12:32:43 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien (Read 11,605 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 13, 2024, 04:43:37 PMI mean, plot details Hicks shared sound VERY Cold Forge

It was recommended to me. Have your read it?

SiL

Spoiler
Oh I really do not like Ian Holm being in this. Puppeteering corpses for entertainment is gross.
[close]

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Mar 13, 2024, 07:52:46 PM
Spoiler
Oh I really do not like Ian Holm being in this. Puppeteering corpses for entertainment is gross.
[close]

Spoiler
Was Martin Freeman not available?
[close]

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 07:10:43 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 13, 2024, 04:43:37 PMI mean, plot details Hicks shared sound VERY Cold Forge

I have.  It's no Colony War, that's for sure.

426Buddy

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah I forgot to mention that, not really a fan of this either.

Ingwar

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2024, 07:56:01 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I have.  It's no Colony War, that's for sure.

I haven't read any Alien novels so ...

XENOMORPHOSIS

Would ask @Mike's Monsters, Ridley Scott said something to the effect he was treating Prometheus as a prologue for the saga and that Alien Covenant would be the Second of Four films, (he jokingly said he'd keep going For another Six,) it somewhat suggests they scaled it back to at least 1 more movie idea leading to the start of the original Alien, can I ask was that hypothetical Prometheus 3 final prequel script actually written or was it just a undefined outline?

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2024, 07:56:01 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

You stealing my ideas?

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 13, 2024, 01:10:30 PMAs for the likeness and AI voice of Ian Holm, I don't think I like it. I mean, hopefully it will be done in a respectful way, but it still feels kinda off. Couldn't they have got Martin Freeman as an alternative A/2? You could still use the same android model, and retain the out of universe continuity nod to fans.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Stitch on Mar 13, 2024, 08:20:11 PMYou stealing my ideas?

Quote from: SM on Aug 12, 2020, 05:41:56 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 12, 2020, 04:27:10 AMIf only they could write in another character who knows about his TE Lawrence fanboyism to narrate his failure and rub it in:

QuoteAnd there you have it, David.  Miles and miles of that which you claimed credit for creating.  Only...how could that be when they've clearly existed since before London was even a village?

You're nothing but a counterfeiter, David, masquerading as a virtuoso. 

It must be humiliating. 

I'd pity you if I didn't already loathe you, so all I can offer is this: the trick is not minding that it hurts.

Then he gets torched by a flamethrower.  It could be the "I drink your milkshake" moment of the prequel trilogy.

Played by a de-aged Ian Holm.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 12, 2020, 06:12:20 AMYou mean Martin Freeman?

Kradan

Kradan

Yep. I liked it well enough although I feel that book was a bit over-hyped for me. But if nothing else it's a good Alien book written by a competent writer who gives a shit about the material

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2024, 08:27:14 PM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 12, 2020, 04:27:10 AMIf only they could write in another character who knows about his TE Lawrence fanboyism to narrate his failure and rub it in:

QuoteAnd there you have it, David.  Miles and miles of that which you claimed credit for creating.  Only...how could that be when they've clearly existed since before London was even a village?

It must be humiliating. 

I'd pity you if I didn't already loathe you, so all I can offer is this: the trick is not minding that it hurts.

Then he gets torched by a flamethrower.  It could be the "I drink your milkshake" moment of the prequel trilogy.

You show him, Local ! f**k yeah !

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Reading all of this.. my enthusiasm for the film has already waned. I will watch it, but I'm not expecting much from it.

Stitch

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2024, 08:27:14 PM

It must be humiliating. 

Touché.

Now that you've mentioned it, I remember reading that thread and going to post the same joke about Martin Freeman but you beat me to the post so I didn't. Stole my idea before I even had a chance to get it down. That's some Inception shit right there.

NoStyleDutch

The real people to blame about the spoiler leaks isn't even Mr H, it's the people who went to test screenings and even thought they agree not to reveal what they've seen do it anyway.

Ingwar

That is true. He just capitalized on it. But let's be honest, sooner or later somebody would have spoiled it anyway. It's Internet.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Ever since I made my peace with prequels, I think that black goo was nice lore addition that opens up many possibilities, but it was too much of a plot device that can do everything and it needed simplification and better connection to Xenomorphs. So I loved what happened with it in some of EU things, mainly in Alex White's books and RPG. The way how it connects to XX121s and how it works was genius for me, but since it was only in EU stuff, it wasn't really treated as hard canon or anything. Still in others publications authors dealt with pathogen how they saw fit, sometimes it infected Xenos, sometines they were immune to it, sometines mutations caused by it were more random, sometimes less, etc. So I'm happy that it will  be featured in new movie and more connected to classic Aliens. Maybe when we will se how it works in the movie, there finally will be more solid rules about how to use it in other media.

But if android really will have Ian Holm's apperance made by AI, that's a big nono for me. I despise modern movie studios' practices of digital necromancy. It doesn't look convincing and it decreeses possibilities of seeing new interesting takes on classic roles done by other talented actors.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: NoStyleDutch on Mar 13, 2024, 08:46:05 PMThe real people to blame about the spoiler leaks isn't even Mr H, it's the people who went to test screenings and even thought they agree not to reveal what they've seen do it anyway.

Same happened with Covenant. All the beans spilled from the test screenings.

They also made the David/Walter switch more obvious because the test screening audiences didn't pick up on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed