[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 12:32:43 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien (Read 11,719 times)

Vrastal

Gotta say im dissapointed theyre doing more balck goo. I havent liked what theyre doing with it so far in the books and comics

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If folk can't be bothered to just click the spoiler tag...not sure what I can do to encourage that minute bit of effort.

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 13, 2024, 03:27:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2024, 12:32:43 PM
Spoiler
Rather, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy can exclusively confirm that the black goo (or accelerant as it is known in the expanded universe) is making a return in the film. A Hyperdyne Systems 120-A/2 model android was able to discover and reverse engineer the genetic makeup of the black goo contained within the DNA of the Aliens that had been captive aboard the spacestation. Known in Alien: Romulus as the Prometheus Strain, the scientists had been experimenting with the black goo as a miracle cure for all diseases
[close]

Wait, is Alex White screenwriter here ?

Someone on Facebook reminded me today about the book being on Fede's shelf when he shared that picture of reference material. I have no doubt Cold Forge heavily influenced the movie now. Especially given the randomly named Rook.

Ingwar

It's not about that Hicks. I obviously don't mind clicking the spoiler tag. No problem at all. It's just the fact that we're already having conversation in the tagged for spoilers topic. It will kill the flow.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 13, 2024, 03:32:28 PMIf folk can't be bothered to just click the spoiler tag...not sure what I can do to encourage that minute bit of effort.

I don't mind clicking the Spoiler tag for courtesy's sake, but i think that a lot of people will forget to do that (like i did at first), because this is already a spoiler/leaks thread, so the concept of hiding spoilers is out of their mind, since they are already immersed in the discussion of spoilers in a spoiler thread.

yuppy

wowww, Ian Holme repro using technology today will surely get people talking about fair use!

Dachande

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 13, 2024, 03:37:05 PMIt's not about that Hicks. I obviously don't mind clicking the spoiler tag. No problem at all. It's just the fact that we're already having conversation in the tagged for spoilers topic. It will kill the flow.

Using myself as an example, I mainly browse through the most recent post page. So I'll be shown the spoilers whether I choose to enter the thread or not post. Now I doubt I'm the only person who browses the site this way, so it's more for the courtesy of hiding spoilers from people, who might browse the site in a different way from you.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: yuppy on Mar 13, 2024, 03:38:17 PMwowww, Ian Holme repro using technology today will surely get people talking about fair use!

I would expect/hope it's all been above board and approved with his estate or that they actually have the rights to his likeness.

Neila

no....I don't read anything....I don't watch any trailers.....
no no no......

Slutty Badger

Kradan

I mean, plot details Hicks shared sound VERY Cold Forge

XENOMORPHOSIS

Whatever the Prequel Easter eggs are it will annoy some fans that refuse to acknowledge those films and will please others, holding out that they someday make one more movie Post Alien Covenant ending the David story leading into beginning of Alien.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Mar 13, 2024, 05:00:26 PMWhatever the Prequel Easter eggs are it will annoy some fans that refuse to acknowledge those films and will please others, holding out that they someday make one more movie Post Alien Covenant ending the David story leading into beginning of Alien.

Well, if

Spoiler
my suspicions about the "Prometheus strain" being taken out of Big Chap are correct, then Covenant kinda leads into Alien already.
[close]

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 13, 2024, 05:13:48 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Mar 13, 2024, 05:00:26 PMWhatever the Prequel Easter eggs are it will annoy some fans that refuse to acknowledge those films and will please others, holding out that they someday make one more movie Post Alien Covenant ending the David story leading into beginning of Alien.

Well, if

Spoiler
my suspicions about the "Prometheus strain" being taken out of Big Chap are correct, then Covenant kinda leads into Alien already.
[close]
Not necessarily, leaves it vague for either origin

XENOMORPHOSIS

@SluttBadger I meant more in an explicit direct story seeing the End of David8's arc and the circumstances leading to the Derelict backstory linking to the doomed Nostromo mission.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Mar 13, 2024, 06:59:18 PM@SluttBadger I meant more in an explicit direct story seeing the End of David8's arc and the circumstances leading to the Derelict backstory linking to the doomed Nostromo mission.

Would have been nice.

But hey, we're getting this instead.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed