Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut

Started by Darkoo, Oct 16, 2023, 07:29:19 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez Talks Sir Ridley Scott's Response to Early Alien: Romulus Cut (Read 27,414 times)

S.E.B.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 29, 2023, 03:43:52 AMIt's a robot! Ralfy is a goddamn robot!

That made me laugh out loud!

zak098

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 28, 2023, 09:30:38 PM
Quote from: zak098 on Oct 28, 2023, 09:01:53 PMTell us more about your TV, speakers, receiver, acoustic panels, ceiling diffusers, bass traps, etc.

This is either a very dedicated troll, or it's charmingly naive.

You don't want to boast about what home theater system you have or whether you really have it at all, because there's nothing to brag about, you probably have a TV for the price of one of my audiophile power cords.

You good naive girl, go take better care of elderly people for a pittance.

God, I didn't think there would be such jealous people here.

kwisatz

Was about to wish good riddance but maybe he's that loaded to buy himself back in  :o

SiL

SiL

Quote from: zak098 on Oct 29, 2023, 10:54:24 PM
Quote from: zak098 on Oct 28, 2023, 09:01:53 PMTell us more about your TV, speakers, receiver, acoustic panels, ceiling diffusers, bass traps, etc.

You don't want to boast about what home theater system you have or whether you really have it at all, because there's nothing to brag about, you probably have a TV for the price of one of my audiophile power cords.

Nobody's jealous - or envious - of your overpriced Oppo setup.

You don't even understand film vs tape vs digital and you think anyone cares about how many decibels the Nostromo lands at in your poorly optimised speaker setup.

I watch Alien on a cheap 55" 4K and I enjoy the experience more than you ever will in your home theatre. You've spent so much time and money on chasing numbers that you've forgotten what it means to watch a movie.

Local Trouble

Dear zak098,

Oh, what a delight it was to hear about your spectacular €60,000 home theater! Truly, only a connoisseur of the finer things in life, like yourself, would invest such a considerable sum into crafting the perfect cinematic experience. I must say, the choice of 'Alien' to showcase the potential of your setup is just brilliant. Such a subtle nod to the classics, reminding us all of the golden era of cinema. It must feel as if Ripley herself is right there in the room with you!

I can only imagine how the groundbreaking visuals and sound effects of 'Alien' come to life in your dedicated space. I'm sure the screams of the crew and the hisses of the xenomorph resonate all the more chillingly, giving everyone goosebumps. It must be an experience akin to attending the film's premiere, but with the added comfort of being in one's own home.

And, let's be honest, €60,000 is but a trifle for an experience of such magnificence. One can't put a price on perfection, after all. It truly warms my heart to know there are individuals like you, zak098, who continue to uphold the sanctity of cinema in such a grand manner.

I eagerly await an invitation to partake in this out-of-this-world viewing experience. In the meantime, do enjoy your splendid setup and continue to regale us with tales of your impeccable taste.

With utmost admiration,

ChatGPT

Ingwar

€60,000? I paid 10 quid to watch Alien at proper cinema and had better experience.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 29, 2023, 11:28:16 PM€60,000? I paid 10 quid to watch Alien at proper cinema and had better experience.

Obviously, you're not a True FanTM with discerning taste. >:(

BlueMarsalis79

You're just a scumbag.

Ingwar

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 29, 2023, 11:32:20 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Oct 29, 2023, 11:28:16 PM€60,000? I paid 10 quid to watch Alien at proper cinema and had better experience.

Obviously, you're not a True FanTM with discerning taste. >:(

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2023, 11:05:11 PM

Nobody's jealous - or envious - of your overpriced Oppo setup.

You don't even understand film vs tape vs digital and you think anyone cares about how many decibels the Nostromo lands at in your poorly optimised speaker setup.

I watch Alien on a cheap 55" 4K and I enjoy the experience more than you ever will in your home theatre. You've spent so much time and money on chasing numbers that you've forgotten what it means to watch a movie.

Yup... gotta agree with SIL. You came here boasting, and I'm not really sure what you were expecting. Did you think everyone was going to fawn over you or be super impressed just because you spent the amount of a small property on an entertainment system? And bragging that you paid more for a lead than someone's TV just sounds... well, stupid. When I used to work in sales at an electrical entertainment store, you'd be exactly the kind of shmuck I'd see waving the cash, and I'd target to sell you the top priced, gold-rimmed cables for a nice commission bonus (throwing in the 5 year warranty that cost only a 5th of the cable price completely free, just for you!) telling you all the store's bullshit spiel about better quality with the incredibly bogus demo video showing that 'special cased wiring' within, knowing damn well it did absolutely nothing different than the cable on the bottom shelf in a clear plastic bag for £2.99... because as soon as the world switched from analogue to digital/optical, it's very simple, you either receive the signal, or you don't. If one part of the cable wasn't working, you simply don't get a picture or sound. Hell, there was a whole episode of 'The Gadget Show' on UK TV where they debunked the 'premium cable' myth by buying two identical TVs, two identical blu-ray players, two copies of the same movie, with two identical audio setups, but one used budget cables, and one used "premium" cables... and there was absolutely no difference.

So ya, perhaps try a bit of modesty next time. A rich fool is still just a fool at the end of the day. Ramming it down people's throats is more likely to result in people publicly calling you out on it. 😅

Now, are you ready to start talking about 'Alien' on this Alien thread? If so, welcome to the chat! 😃 (might I recommend the 'Egg on the Sulaco' thread? It's a premium egg that releases a super facehugger capable of laying TWO embryos! - much better than your standard run-of-the-mill egg! Guarantees a queen every first impregnation! Better compatibility too - its premium size and armoured exterior mean it can face-rape an ox; and it can withstand several meters submerged in salt water! You often find cheaper huggers die after the first impregnantion ...(join the chat there today and I'll even throw in a free cryo-tube glass repair kit worth 149.99 in adjusted dollars).

ralfy

Quote from: S.E.B. on Oct 29, 2023, 05:09:07 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 29, 2023, 03:43:52 AMIt's a robot! Ralfy is a goddamn robot!

Can't counter arguments, so resorts to personal attacks.

zak098

It's probably better to watch your favorite Alien with Dolby Atmos sound on 13 or 15 expensive high-efficiency cinema speakers.
Than listening to this movie with stereo headphones or small TV speakers. I guess that's obvious.

I want to talk about Romulus when I get some photos from the set or a trailer. Archie Renaux is my man.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: ralfy on Oct 30, 2023, 02:51:17 AM
Quote from: S.E.B. on Oct 29, 2023, 05:09:07 PM

Can't counter arguments, so resorts to personal attacks.

...you hadn't made an argument to counter, and it was a howlingly obvious reference to Alien.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 29, 2023, 11:48:06 PM

You're just a scumbag.

Seconded.

Corporal Hicks

And banned. Nothing wrong with some pride in your setup, but the superior attitude and bragging is not welcome.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed